[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

I made the language switch (Hungarian) as it is shown in the video, but even so, in the game, for example, the names of the monsters are in English, and in some of the hunting missions the text is in German, and in chat it changes.
My other problem is with the save.
I leveled up, did a mission, but had to leave so I quit the client and turned off virtualbox.
But when I restarted it, it loaded a previous state and not the state when I turned it off. (My character is in a different state, even though I leveled up, it loaded the state I was in when I was in my previous level).
My last problem is that it is a bit slow for some reason.
For example, if I kill a wild dog, it stays in one place for a while (with 0hp) and only then dies.
How can this slowness be avoided?

Other than that, great job, thank you very much!

• Contributor
35 minutes ago, espinafre18 said:

hi, Does anyone know if there is a track system for these files? @ TMP4

It is a basic serverfile, put together from the leaks from the game's original developer, so every system should work.
(But I never heard of any "track system")

• Contributor
27 minutes ago, espinafre18 said:

Sorry @ TMP4 sash system.....😅

This is the hidden content, please

It should work, but do not just copy paste without thinking. That's not how programming works.
If you will have questions, ask in the Questions & Answers because it is off-topic here.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 14
  • Cry 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 1

Hello, great content

I have a question about CMS Metin2 , how to set up the website ( i already done it with xampp it shows good ) just for registry and edit the website without starting the game ?

I Want make a free themes for Metin2 CMS and i need to see all links, register, account, etc for modify it.

Thanks in advance

In case, there is some Works i have been done for WoW CMS & Tibia ZnoteAAC ( there is much more than this, but a little preview ),

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

There is a client issue with these files.

If you die while on mount and sometimes on foot, the death sound will play twice/thrice on the distribute.exe

This also happens if you implement the official character selection, the sound when you enter will play twice.

On the debug.exe this doesn't happen, does anyone know the solution to this issue?

I've tried to look through the files and mileslib but i couldn't see anyting out of place but this is probably because of my lack of c++ knowledge.

Edited by Mastercard
  • Metin2 Dev 3

• Contributor
1 hour ago, avertusss said:

Someone have problem with guild marks? I upload and nothing change, still invisible in guild gui and next to guild name. 

Maybe you upgraded the DevIL to 1.8? It's not compatible out of box.
If you have no reason to use 1.8 then please rollback, if you look in this forum people have a lot of problem with DevIL 1.8.

@ TMP4 I found some mistakes made by ymir..  You can fix it^^

1. Open notepad++ and in extended search type: ;; (in some codes are 2x ;; I think 3-4x.. So you can delete one ; from code -> just check code with notepad++ and you found it=)

2. I found in ProtoReader.cpp little mistake with mob size values... Here is type SMALL, MEDIUM, BIG, but! Ymir made mistake and write here SAMLL (dont forgot change mob_proto too + dump_proto)

3. This is not mistake but, in ProtoReader.cpp is antiflag ANTI_MUSA, ANTI_ASSASSIN, ANTI_SURA, ANTI_MUDANG.. (I think ANTI_WARRIOR -> original ANTI_MUSA, and ANTI_SHAMAN -> original ANTI_MUDANG  looks better.. So you can too change it.. Too dont forgot change item_proto, dump_proto..

4. HEADER_GC_SEPCIAL_EFFECT (HEADER_GC_SPECIAL_EFFECT -> dont forgot change all valid functions code..)

5. Search with extended search word "pakcet" in sources.. (packet, dont forgot change all valid code..)

6. const DWORD c_Equipment_Belt  = c_New_Equipment_Start + 2;; (double ;;, check client its more time same mistake..)

7. UserInteface.cpp

this under NANOBEGIN:

#ifdef _DISTRIBUTE 
		stRegisterDebugFlag ="__DEBUG__ = 0";
#else
		stRegisterDebugFlag ="__DEBUG__ = 1"; 
#endif

to:

#ifdef _DEBUG 
#else
#endif

8. in ENGLISH item_proto are 2x [SPACE] in some items name.. For Example: Misfortune Armour, Stone of Monsters+7 etc..

Edit: If I found something more I update this post.. Btw. Maybe I can release extended revision of this file with more corrections.. (translate lc_text to english, minilzo to lzo, removed auction, passpod, openid, netmarble, sms, mobile, sim, billing, xtrap, hackshield, pcbang, auth_brazil, brazil locale, fucking_brazil potions, server_check, limit_time, unittest, gtest, teen_packet, repaired tables in db, models, so just extended version of this file more clean.

Edited by Filachilla
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 1
  • Love 1

• Contributor
On 3/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, Filachilla said:

@ TMP4 I found some mistakes made by ymir..  You can fix it^^

1. Open notepad++ and in extended search type: ;; (in some codes are 2x ;; I think 3-4x.. So you can delete one ; from code -> just check code with notepad++ and you found it=)

2. I found in ProtoReader.cpp little mistake with mob size values... Here is type SMALL, MEDIUM, BIG, but! Ymir made mistake and write here SAMLL (dont forgot change mob_proto too + dump_proto)

3. This is not mistake but, in ProtoReader.cpp is antiflag ANTI_MUSA, ANTI_ASSASSIN, ANTI_SURA, ANTI_MUDANG.. (I think ANTI_WARRIOR -> original ANTI_MUSA, and ANTI_SHAMAN -> original ANTI_MUDANG  looks better.. So you can too change it.. Too dont forgot change item_proto, dump_proto..

4. HEADER_GC_SEPCIAL_EFFECT (HEADER_GC_SPECIAL_EFFECT -> dont forgot change all valid functions code..)

5. Search with extended search word "pakcet" in sources.. (packet, dont forgot change all valid code..)

6. const DWORD c_Equipment_Belt  = c_New_Equipment_Start + 2;; (double ;;, check client its more time same mistake..)

7. UserInteface.cpp

this under NANOBEGIN:

#ifdef _DISTRIBUTE 
#else
#endif

to:

#ifdef _DEBUG 
#else
#endif

8. in ENGLISH item_proto are 2x [SPACE] in some items name.. For Example: Misfortune Armour, Stone of Monsters+7 etc..

Edit: If I found something more I update this post.. Btw. Maybe I can release extended revision of this file with more corrections.. (translate lc_text to english, minilzo to lzo, removed auction, passpod, openid, netmarble, sms, mobile, sim, billing, xtrap, hackshield, pcbang, auth_brazil, brazil locale, fucking_brazil potions, server_check, limit_time, unittest, gtest, teen_packet, repaired tables in db, models, so just extended version of this file more clean.

First, thank you for the contribution, I'm sure it's in good faith!

Now, let's clarify some things before anyone starts doing what you said.

1. The ";;" things doesn't change anything. You can basically put ";;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;" and it's the same shit, it'll just be ignored.

2. Yes, SAMLL could cause problems. Though, if it would've been used in the proto, you wouldn't be able to start the server because of it(Correct me if it is used now, since I didn't bother checking it).

3. Changing ANTI_MUSA to ANTI_WARRIOR and ANTI_MUDANG to ANTI_SHAMAN is going to force you to edit the whole proto. Is this a big task? No. Will you have to do it everytime you change the proto with, let's say, the proto P3ng3r gives us all the time in the unpacked official files? Yes. Should you change it? Up to you. I don't like extra work.

4. & 5. Changing that header/packet doesn't change anything.

6. see 1.

7. That's the same exact shit. Just because you have "release" mode available in the source, it doesn't mean you should use it.

Notes:

Debug: used for debugging.

Release: The version is stable and released for INTERNAL use.

Distribute: The version is stable and can be distributed to the rest of the world.

It's confusing, I know. Apple came up with this for their software and the rest of the world had to follow(why? I don't know and I don't give a shit).

8. Again, that doesn't change anything. It just adds more shit to keep track of when changing the proto with different files.

Don't take this the wrong way, I really appreciate when people contribute to the community, but maybe next time tell the others(who maybe don't know better), whether what they're changing is going to help them in any way or if it's just optional stuff that doesn't make no difference(or actually give them more stuff to keep track of in the future).

If you want to post that source, post it, no one's stopping you. I might actually help someone, if that's your intent.

Thank you and have a great day!

@AmunThe truth is I never said something about errors but only MISTAKES.. 

1. True but, it shouldn't be happen..

2. No because I think these values are not used, but this is too only visual correction..

3. 2s to change full proto with notepad++ same for next updates.. I dont think so, but ok thats why I said "This is not mistake"..

4/5. True but correction.. (JUST WHY NOT? We are in 2022.. Its time repair source..)

6. Same as 1..

7. I dont make it for this..

8. Really no, you can see it in game.. Its terrible problem and 2s with notepad++ for repair..

I also wanted to say that code maintenance should be a high priority. We have source 8 years.. 

Edited by Filachilla

• 2 weeks later...

@ TMP4  any chance for a mini guide for freebsd?? my provider dont let me install the vdi so i need to replicate your env, i already install almost evertything but wich file should i change for config etc? when i start the ch via terminal using sh start.sh i can connect to db but i got : " Shared object "libIL.so.1" not found, required by "game".

Via google i found some similar situation and i already have installed the missing lib but i still get that error.. any suggest of what im missing?

then I reread the instructions and I noticed that my provider only offers freebsd 12.2 x64 how should I compile? Using an x32 virtual machine and then what? what file should I download and upload? or what steps should I follow? Now despite having installed all the necessary and followed all the faq I have this error

Starting db..
Test Server
Log OffAsyncSQL: connected to 127.0.0.1 (reconnect 1)
Success PLAYER
AsyncSQL: connected to 127.0.0.1 (reconnect 1)
Success ACCOUNT
Success COMMON
Success HOTBACKUP
▒׽▒Ʈ ▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒ϴ▒. ▒״▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒մϴ▒.
item_proto_test.txt ▒▒▒▒▒ ▒о▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒߽▒ϴ▒
Starting auth..
ld-elf32.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libnvimage.so: unsupported file layout
Starting channel1/game2..
Starting channel1/game1..
Starting channel1/first..
Starting game99..

Server started! CH1

Edited by BroccoloMaestro

• Contributor
52 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

then I reread the instructions and I noticed that my provider only offers freebsd 12.2 x64 how should I compile? Using an x32 virtual machine and then what? what file should I download and upload? or what steps should I follow? Now despite having installed all the necessary and followed all the faq I have this error

Starting db..
Test Server
Log OffAsyncSQL: connected to 127.0.0.1 (reconnect 1)
Success PLAYER
Success ACCOUNT
Success COMMON
Success HOTBACKUP
Starting auth..
Starting channel1/game2..
Starting channel1/game1..
Starting channel1/first..
Starting game99..

Server started! CH1

Make a FreeBSD 12.2 x32 vm or jail, install the packages there mentioned in the faq.txt via pkg, compile there, upload the game & db and missing libs from there too (some are symlinks, be aware...) to your x64 vps.

Uninstall packages from the vps if you already installed (you did), those installs the x64 version of the libs but the game needs the x32 versions, that's why it says unsupported file layout. It's not possible to install the x32 libs on x64 system via pkg or ports as I know, it's hacky just to upload them but it is what it is.

• Love 1

I'm almost done uploading the files, but I have a question, should I also get the library in usr / local or just lib32 and that's it?

in the folders containing the file servers from src and server I have to take only db and game? just this?

as soon as I finish setting everything up again in 30 minutes I'll let you know!

p.s: Do u have any Discord?

• Contributor
11 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

I'm almost done uploading the files, but I have a question, should I also get the library in usr / local or just lib32 and that's it?

in the folders containing the file servers from src and server I have to take only db and game? just this?

as soon as I finish setting everything up again in 30 minutes I'll let you know!

Upload them to /usr/lib32. But just the missing libs, not the whole folder. I guess it will be almost the same as in FreeBSD13.0 so you can take a look in the provided Libs.zip for the lib names.

Spoiler

I have discord, but I'm not providing private help anymore. Back when I released this I got 2-3 dms per day and I started to answer all of them, but after a few week / months I realised it took most of my free time, and I stopped responding to private help request. I released a metin2 serverfile, but I never said anywhere I'll be anyone's free employee / help desk 😅 But I usually respond here in public when somebody asks something.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Upload them to /usr/lib32. But just the missing libs, not the whole folder. I guess it will be almost the same as in FreeBSD13.0 so you can take a look in the provided Libs.zip for the lib names.

Reveal hidden contents

I have discord, but I'm not providing private help anymore. Back when I released this I got 2-3 dms per day and I started to answer all of them, but after a few week / months I realised it took most of my free time, and I stopped responding to private help request. I released a metin2 serverfile, but I never said anywhere I'll be anyone's free employee / help desk 😅 But I usually respond here in public when somebody asks something.

Okay, do you also work on payment? in any case I did everything as you said to do and the server is now online and working :D Thank you very much and thanks again for sharing and for the work you have done!

@ TMP4 

Server started! CH1
root@Metin2:/usr/metin2/server # 8ld-elf32.so.1: /usr/metin2/server/channel1/game2/game: Undefined symbol "rand@FBSD_1.6"

and i get disconnected from the client after i login, do you know why?

• Contributor
2 hours ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

@ TMP4 

Server started! CH1
root@Metin2:/usr/metin2/server # 8ld-elf32.so.1: /usr/metin2/server/channel1/game2/game: Undefined symbol "rand@FBSD_1.6"

and i get disconnected from the client after i login, do you know why?

Yes. FBSD_1.6 refers to FreeBSD 13.0.

• Did you recompiled the game in a x32 FreeBSD 12.2 vm/jail and uploaded them to the vps?
  • Did you uploaded the correct, 12.2 x32 libs to your 12.2 x64 vps?

(The libs.zip have libs for 13.0, so if you end up uploaded that, that's the problem.)

• Metin2 Dev 1

10 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Yes. FBSD_1.6 refers to FreeBSD 13.0.

• Did you recompiled the game in a x32 FreeBSD 12.2 vm/jail and uploaded them to the vps?
  • Did you uploaded the correct, 12.2 x32 libs to your 12.2 x64 vps?

(The libs.zip have libs for 13.0, so if you end up uploaded that, that's the problem.)

I just finished recompiling the game for a 12.2 x32 -

But I have a few questions regarding further development:

Adding weapons, maps and more do I have to do it locally on the x32 or after starting everything can I work safely on the dedicated x64?

Basically I'm asking if for each implementation I have to recomile the files on the 32 again?

thanks again for your support ❤️

EDIT:  after compiling the game in 32 and then uploading it to the dedicated x64 with the same operating system everything works great! I await your news about future uploads and if I can work locally or in dedicated! Thanks again for your support and for the release!

Update

• Contributor
4 hours ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

I just finished recompiling the game for a 12.2 x32 -

But I have a few questions regarding further development:

Adding weapons, maps and more do I have to do it locally on the x32 or after starting everything can I work safely on the dedicated x64?

Basically I'm asking if for each implementation I have to recomile the files on the 32 again?

thanks again for your support ❤️

EDIT:  after compiling the game in 32 and then uploading it to the dedicated x64 with the same operating system everything works great! I await your news about future uploads and if I can work locally or in dedicated! Thanks again for your support and for the release!

You only need to recompile the game and db when you edit the source (/usr/metin2/src).

Adding weapons and maps usually does not have source part so you dont need to recompile. But adding a new system usually does have src part.

• Love 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.