[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

7 hours ago, covfefe said:

You can easily remove the quests from locale_list, removing each quest by name, and then you can safely delete them completely from your files if you so desire.

Test server column can also be removed from serverinfo.py, located in root folder.

Hi, thanks for the answer. i tried doing the serverinfo.py to remove the test server. but then the client wouldn't start.

i will try with the quests

20 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Copy this to questlua_npc.cpp, anywhere but after / before any function, and not inside an existing function.

int npc_get_level(lua_State* L)
	{
		lua_pushnumber(L, CQuestManager::instance().GetCurrentNPCCharacterPtr()->GetLevel());
		return 1;
	}

Same file, there is a list in the botton, add:

{ "get_level",					npc_get_level					},

Gameclean, gamecompile.

Hey, i replaced the correct files inside your folder to add the 6th skill. but when i open the client this happens:  https://metin2.download/picture/r3F9504x09DVmF8K988YXgTtGTP6KMUj/.gif   (it's an image website upload since i can't upload a file)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Solved! thanks for the help ❤️

2 hours ago, TMP4 said:

.png

(You replaced playersettingmodule.py while it's containing a tutorial for how you should modifiy playersettingmodule.py)

Oh, and about your extension for adding 4 inventories??   the "source" is inside the "ClientVS22" But inside the normal client/pack there isn't a SOURCE file to unpack. so how can i proceed? i don't even know what "clientvs22" is supposed to do 😮

a question about these files. does Light resistance works in grotto? 

Edited by Helobarato
  • Metin2 Dev 1

• Contributor
25 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

Solved! thanks for the help ❤️

Oh, and about your extension for adding 4 inventories??   the "source" is inside the "ClientVS22" But inside the normal client/pack there isn't a SOURCE file to unpack. so how can i proceed? i don't even know what "clientvs22" is supposed to do 😮

That's not how source working. You need to download & install Visual Studio 2022 and open ClientVS22/client.sln and recompile the launcher, then place the launcher from ClientVS22\binary\Metin2Distribute.exe to your client.

29 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

a question about these files. does Light resistance works in grotto? 

Open mob_proto.txt, search for the mob and check if it have ATT_ELEC or not. (Grotto mob does have)

I'm experiencing a strange issue lately... after about quick 3-4 PMs in whisper, character gets kicked to login screen.. I wonder if these files have some sort of anti spam system that could be causing this?

Edited by covfefe

• Contributor
1 hour ago, covfefe said:

I'm experiencing a strange issue lately... after about quick 3-4 PMs in whisper, character gets kicked to login screen.. I wonder if these files have some sort of anti spam system that could be causing this?

Do not remove it, it is a kickhack protection.

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, Antrax22 said:

can anyone help me on how to increase inventory pages?

Next time ask in questions and answers. There's a reason that part of the forum exists.

https://metin2.dev/forum/35-questions-answers/

Also, it took me literally 15 seconds to find this so, you're either an idiot, or just enjoy wasting our time.

Hello my bro !

Thanks for your efforts . I have changed language in (server files) to arabic language, left me add arabic language to the (client) I have the files ready in arabic, if i replace local_game.txt with my arabic file but my arabic file have more functions (for example : lycan and pet  functions), will get errors or not, and if will get errors do I  translate file line by line by self ?

for example: 

PET_SYSTEM_ADD_BOX_PET	هل ترغب في وضع المرافق في قفص النقل ؟
PET_SYSTEM_FEED_PROTEIN	هل ترغب في اطعام الرفيق ؟
PET_SYSTEM_MONKEY_EGG	بيضة قرد
PET_SYSTEM_BARONES_EGG	بيضة عنكبوت
PET_SYSTEM_RAZADOR_EGG	بيضة رازادور
PET_SYSTEM_NEMERE_EGG	بيضة النمير

• Contributor
18 minutes ago, Youssef Shaheen said:

Hello my bro !

Thanks for your efforts . I have changed language in (server files) to arabic language, left me add arabic language to the (client) I have the files ready in arabic, if i replace local_game.txt with my arabic file but my arabic file have more functions (for example : lycan and pet  functions), will get errors or not, and if will get errors do I  translate file line by line by self ?

for example: 

PET_SYSTEM_ADD_BOX_PET	هل ترغب في وضع المرافق في قفص النقل ؟
PET_SYSTEM_FEED_PROTEIN	هل ترغب في اطعام الرفيق ؟
PET_SYSTEM_MONKEY_EGG	بيضة قرد
PET_SYSTEM_BARONES_EGG	بيضة عنكبوت
PET_SYSTEM_RAZADOR_EGG	بيضة رازادور
PET_SYSTEM_NEMERE_EGG	بيضة النمير

While having some extra text line in locale_game-interface.txt does not cause any problem, having new type subtype antiflag etc in item_proto will cause problems because it can't interpret it and your server will not start. (Because you wrote to me in private message that you replaced item_proto.txt too) I suggest only replacing item_names.txt and mob_names.txt but not the proto.

"do I  translate file line by line by self ?" I can't provide you arabic translation out of box (because I don't have) so while it should not be a line by line work but you have to do it yourself.

Try to only overwrite texts and you should be fine, and check every file's syntax before you overwrite it, like maybe your translate.lue is never and does suspport language selections while this version don't.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

Thanks for your great efforts.

Can you find a solution for this problem bro?

while changing the coordinates in client files, because I want to setup Arabic client which written from Right To left unlike other languages.

I change (locale_en) to (locale_ae) and I have changed the coordinates in the files in (ui) folder, but while loading the client and choosing the character suddenly client exit.

This is syserr logs :

0502 05:06:41896 :: Failed to load script file : locale/ae/ui/CharacterWindow.py
0502 05:06:41896 :: error  : No file or directory
0502 05:06:41897 :: 
ui.py(line:2763) LoadScriptFile
system.py(line:192) execfile
system.py(line:161) Run
system.py(line:176) __LoadTextFile__
system.py(line:61) __init__

LoadScriptFile1 - <type 'exceptions.IOError'>:No file or directory

0502 05:06:41897 :: ============================================================================================================
0502 05:06:41897 :: Abort!!!!

0502 05:06:41898 :: 
uiCharacter.py(line:397) __LoadWindow
uiCharacter.py(line:152) __LoadScript
ui.py(line:2769) LoadScriptFile
exception.py(line:36) Abort

CharacterWindow.__LoadWindow - <type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>:

0502 05:06:41898 :: ============================================================================================================
0502 05:06:41898 :: Abort!!!!

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Youssef Shaheen said:

Thanks for your great efforts.

Can you find a solution for this problem bro?

while changing the coordinates in client files, because I want to setup Arabic client which written from Right To left unlike other languages.

I change (locale_en) to (locale_ae) and I have changed the coordinates in the files in (ui) folder, but while loading the client and choosing the character suddenly client exit.

This is syserr logs :

0502 05:06:41896 :: Failed to load script file : locale/ae/ui/CharacterWindow.py
0502 05:06:41896 :: error  : No file or directory
0502 05:06:41897 :: 
ui.py(line:2763) LoadScriptFile
system.py(line:192) execfile
system.py(line:161) Run
system.py(line:176) __LoadTextFile__
system.py(line:61) __init__

LoadScriptFile1 - <type 'exceptions.IOError'>:No file or directory

0502 05:06:41897 :: ============================================================================================================
0502 05:06:41897 :: Abort!!!!

0502 05:06:41898 :: 
uiCharacter.py(line:397) __LoadWindow
uiCharacter.py(line:152) __LoadScript
ui.py(line:2769) LoadScriptFile
exception.py(line:36) Abort

CharacterWindow.__LoadWindow - <type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>:

0502 05:06:41898 :: ============================================================================================================
0502 05:06:41898 :: Abort!!!!

The important part is here:

0502 05:06:41896 :: error  : No file or directory

Doees that file exists?

• Good 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:29 AM, TMP4 said:

Make a FreeBSD 12.2 x32 vm or jail, install the packages there mentioned in the faq.txt via pkg, compile there, upload the game & db and missing libs from there too (some are symlinks, be aware...) to your x64 vps.

Uninstall packages from the vps if you already installed (you did), those installs the x64 version of the libs but the game needs the x32 versions, that's why it says unsupported file layout. It's not possible to install the x32 libs on x64 system via pkg or ports as I know, it's hacky just to upload them but it is what it is.

Is there any jail tutorial ? Thank you. 🙂 

• Contributor
46 minutes ago, AltanOzkan said:

I tried it but i never make it work. It could be my bad 😄 Thank you. 🙂

It works.

Maybe you just copy & pasted the commands and tried to fetch the 11.4 link while it's no longer available.

For 13.1: http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/i386/13.1-RELEASE/base.txz
For 13.0: http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/i386/13.0-RELEASE/base.txz
For 12.3: http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/i386/12.3-RELEASE/base.txz

Older version available too but in the archive: http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/i386/

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

• Contributor
45 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

I tried hosting the VM server with Hamachi but it doesn't work, i read that 40k files don't work with hamachi am i correct? :()

No, that's incorrect. The game file and the fact it is 40k is totally independent regarding how did you set up the network for the FreeBSD.

But any further questions please ask here: https://metin2.dev/forum/35-questions-answers/ (because it's offtopic)

May I ask why did you choose hamachi in 2022? People usually choose it because of lack of knowledge and reading old and outdated tutorials.

Edited by TMP4

• Contributor
34 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

I chose hamachi because i don't have money for a vps XD

You get it very wrong. You can run your server on your computer without hamachi. Just check the video in the first post. All you need is a router/modem and you probably have one if you have wired connection to the internet.

Edited by TMP4
  • Eyes 1

23 hours ago, TMP4 said:

You get it very wrong. You can run your server on your computer without hamachi. Just check the video in the first post. All you need is a router/modem and you probably have one if you have wired connection to the internet.

i hosted on my ip. but only who's connected to my modem can login. people from the internet can't find the CH open

• Contributor
8 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

i hosted on my ip. but only who's connected to my modem can login. people from the internet can't find the CH open

Did you open all ports in your router? Did you open the right ports?

If the ports are not opened, then your router will reject all packets from outside of the local network to that port.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.