[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

You only need to recompile the game and db when you edit the source (/usr/metin2/src).

Adding weapons and maps usually does not have source part so you dont need to recompile. But adding a new system usually does have src part.

@ TMP4

Understood. So let's say that now I want to install Extension Pack for 40250/2014 - 4 inventory - Since it has an src folder it means that after making the changes I will have to recompile everything again right?

also as regards the client folder for the 4 inventories, could you tell me where "etc" and "source" go?

in the sense I saw that there is a folder called source in v22 and what should be put there? while as regards that etc I do not find any folder or similar files could you help me?

Edited by BroccoloMaestro

• Contributor
1 hour ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

@ TMP4

Understood. So let's say that now I want to install Extension Pack for 40250/2014 - 4 inventory - Since it has an src folder it means that after making the changes I will have to recompile everything again right?

also as regards the client folder for the 4 inventories, could you tell me where "etc" and "source" go?

in the sense I saw that there is a folder called source in v22 and what should be put there? while as regards that etc I do not find any folder or similar files could you help me?

Etc is etc.eix-epk which you have to extract via eternexus from the client's pack folder.
The source folder in the 4 inventory extension refers to ClientVS22(.zip)\vs_files, the clientside source.
(You have to recompile the clientside source too with Visual Studio 2022 and place the new metin2distribute.exe to the client)

By the way if you don't like recompiling in a vm and you want to compile in your vps, you can make a 32bit jail there. For that you must have some technical skills, and I can't provide you a step by step tutorial, but there are some in the google and youtube.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1

1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

Etc is etc.eix-epk which you have to extract via eternexus from the client's pack folder.
The source folder in the 4 inventory extension refers to ClientVS22(.zip)\vs_files, the clientside source.
(You have to recompile the clientside source too with Visual Studio 2022 and place the new metin2distribute.exe to the client)

By the way if you don't like recompiling in a vm and you want to compile in your vps, you can make a 32bit jail there. For that you must have some technical skills, and I can't provide you a step by step tutorial, but there are some in the google and youtube.

Thanks for the information, at the moment it is only a temporary situation and I will change provider next month, at the moment I do not mind working locally, but it is just annoying to have to upload constantly.

I have successfully added the 4 inventories even though I skipped the compilation, later I'll do that too.

Regarding the implementation of switch bonus and other addons of the ui, do you have any suggestions or particular topics to recommend? I don't lack knowledge in python and one language is as good as another. the problem is that I returned to metin2 after 10 years and I don't remember where to put my hands!

Slowly browsing through the files I can understand how everything is connected, but I'm not at your level anyway, thanks again for your support!<3

• Contributor
17 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

Regarding the implementation of switch bonus and other addons of the ui, do you have any suggestions or particular topics to recommend? I don't lack knowledge in python and one language is as good as another. the problem is that I returned to metin2 after 10 years and I don't remember where to put my hands!

Unfortunately i don't think that a particular topic for this exists, because each new 'addons' like bonus switcher are different.
I learnt it by the hard way, I studied the basic codes for the basic original elements in the Metin2, how Ymir implemented them, and I tried to figure out how can I implement new stuff based on them.

Edited by TMP4

14 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Unfortunately i don't think that a particular topic for this exists, because each new 'addons' like bonus switcher are different.
I learnt it by the hard way, I studied the basic codes for the basic original elements in the Metin2, how Ymir implemented them, and I tried to figure out how can I implement new stuff based on them.

Is any file missing? after extraction of etc and then pack and then in folder pack i got this error:

0412 00:08:00588 :: mouseModule:155: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception

0412 00:08:00588 :: Traceback (most recent call last):

0412 00:08:00588 ::   File "mouseModule.py", line 155, in ChangeCursor

0412 00:08:00588 :: RuntimeError
0412 00:08:00588 :: :
0412 00:08:00588 :: Cannot load image (filename: D:/Ymir Work/UI/Cursor/cursor_hvsize.sub)

0412 00:08:00588 ::

0412 00:08:03135 :: RunMain Error

wich is tell me that cannot find that .sub file, do u know where can i get it? or im missing something?

• Contributor
13 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

Is any file missing? after extraction of etc and then pack and then in folder pack i got this error:

wich is tell me that cannot find that .sub file, do u know where can i get it? or im missing something?

You should've probably looked if you have that file before asking a question here and waiting for an hour for someone to answer.

I've tested the client and didn't have any problems. Not in regards to the files, at least.

2 minutes ago, Amun said:

You should've probably looked if you have that file before asking a question here and waiting for an hour for someone to answer.

I've tested the client and didn't have any problems. Not in regards to the files, at least.

and you should follow the discussion before posting. I have implemented skill6 and inventory4 we are not talking about the client itself. and I don't have those files otherwise I wouldn't have asked here.

29 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

I think your unpacker crash, try repack client root, etc, uiscript.. Im 100% sure problem is with bad packed pack.. 

Edited by Filachilla

14 minutes ago, Filachilla said:

I think your unpacker crash, try repack client root, etc, uiscript.. Im 100% sure problem is with bad packed pack.. 

I don't know.. i repacked again, but the problem is that none of the files for inventory4 and skill6th keep files inside the cursor, and it could also be an error due to the compilation of the v22 client ... but the error is clear it cannot load that file, and in my opinion it is a missing file of this client, but maybe I can be wrong,, i will waiting for @ TMP4 for further instructions.

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

I don't know.. i repacked again, but the problem is that none of the files for inventory4 and skill6th keep files inside the cursor, and it could also be an error due to the compilation of the v22 client ... but the error is clear it cannot load that file, and in my opinion it is a missing file of this client, but maybe I can be wrong,, i will waiting for @ TMP4 for further instructions.

That sub is used in the mouseModule and it is NOT missing so Filachilla was probably right, you fucked up the packs.

Now, regarding what you said earlier, no, I shouldn't have followed any fucking discussion. This topic is about what TMP posted and any questions/discussions about custom implementations/modifications of the currently posted files are off topic and should be discussed in `Discussions` or https://metin2.dev/forum/35-questions-answers/

Also, as a matter of fact, yes, I did read a bit about what you said about the inventory - you said you've only changed the client part without compiling the source, which doesn't make any sense since the capacity of the inventory is actually set from the source.

39 minutes ago, Amun said:

That sub is used in the mouseModule and it is NOT missing so Filachilla was probably right, you fucked up the packs.

Now, regarding what you said earlier, no, I shouldn't have followed any fucking discussion. This topic is about what TMP posted and any questions/discussions about custom implementations/modifications of the currently posted files are off topic and should be discussed in `Discussions` or https://metin2.dev/forum/35-questions-answers/

Also, as a matter of fact, yes, I did read a bit about what you said about the inventory - you said you've only changed the client part without compiling the source, which doesn't make any sense since the capacity of the inventory is actually set from the source.

first of all you should calm down and be more politically correct.

Second thing I said that it worked even without having compiled the client as far as the inventory is concerned but after that I compiled the client and the problem does not concern the compilation of the v22 client but the files present in ETC which may be missing.

third are the files present in the extra pack (exstesion pack) and I am sure I have not done anything wrong, it simply asks me for the files in the folder etc that when I do the pack it does not have them. then maybe I repeat I'm wrong, but certainly these are not the ways of speaking.

Fourth, how do I "screw" the packs when both inventory 4 and 6thskill have nothing to do with cursor? I just edited all the files that needed to be changed and then used the patcher.
I took the ETC folders present in the two rars and put them in a single folder etc, made the pack and uploaded in pack. I can also be wrong but surely since I do not have the original folder etc by overwriting the files etc in the pack I have done some damage, precisely for this reason I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your comments but I prefer to wait @ TMP4 which unlike you, even if a person is stupid, he still helps you without being so rude.

I wish you good continuation and I hope to see you never again :D

P:S:
ah since you say you do not need to follow any discussion, rightly you do not know that @ TMP4 has no problem providing assistance directly on this post, and if you do not believe me look at some previous message / comment its via HIDE tag where it tells me that is not gonna provide discord assistance but have no problem helping out here. since all the questions so far are always inherent to its release. Please keep reading nothing and be so aggressive that you solve something: D

I think i solve the problem, i need first to unpack the folders i need then put the files and then pack everyyhing again.

@ TMP4 let me know if im right! But i think this should be the solution, i forget this step, but now i got how u can get those foders! i feel so stupid right now >_<

• Contributor
Spoiler
46 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

first of all you should calm down and be more politically correct.

Second thing I said that it worked even without having compiled the client as far as the inventory is concerned but after that I compiled the client and the problem does not concern the compilation of the v22 client but the files present in ETC which may be missing.

third are the files present in the extra pack (exstesion pack) and I am sure I have not done anything wrong, it simply asks me for the files in the folder etc that when I do the pack it does not have them. then maybe I repeat I'm wrong, but certainly these are not the ways of speaking.

Fourth, how do I "screw" the packs when both inventory 4 and 6thskill have nothing to do with cursor? I just edited all the files that needed to be changed and then used the patcher.
I took the ETC folders present in the two rars and put them in a single folder etc, made the pack and uploaded in pack. I can also be wrong but surely since I do not have the original folder etc by overwriting the files etc in the pack I have done some damage, precisely for this reason I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your comments but I prefer to wait @ TMP4 which unlike you, even if a person is stupid, he still helps you without being so rude.

I wish you good continuation and I hope to see you never again :D

P:S:
ah since you say you do not need to follow any discussion, rightly you do not know that @ TMP4 has no problem providing assistance directly on this post, and if you do not believe me look at some previous message / comment its via HIDE tag where it tells me that is not gonna provide discord assistance but have no problem helping out here. since all the questions so far are always inherent to its release. Please keep reading nothing and be so aggressive that you solve something: D

I think i solve the problem, i need first to unpack the folders i need then put the files and then pack everyyhing again.

@ TMP4 let me know if im right! But i think this should be the solution, i forget this step, but now i got how u can get those foders! i feel so stupid right now >_<

If you've created a new folder, don't forget to also add it in `Index`.

In regards to unpack/repack, yes, but only the first time. If you already have the folder unpacked, there's no point to unpack it again, just add your files, repack it and move them to `pack`.

One workaround to avoid waiting half an hour when working in big directories is to just add them straight to the root folder.

What do I mean by this? Let's say, for example, that you want to add some new stuff in the `PC` archive. Instead of unpacking the entire folder(which is huge) and repacking it again, just create a `ymir work` folder in root and add your files.

After you've tested and everything works properly, you can move them to the proper directory(PC).

I don't mind helping people(I quite enjoy it, actually), but I get fucking pissed when I want to read something about some files(like, for example, if any new bugs came out) and have to go through 1000 messages of people having off topic discussions. We have a `Questions & Answers` section for a reason.

I hope you understand what I mean.

16 minutes ago, Amun said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you've created a new folder, don't forget to also add it in `Index`.

In regards to unpack/repack, yes, but only the first time. If you already have the folder unpacked, there's no point to unpack it again, just add your files, repack it and move them to `pack`.

One workaround to avoid waiting half an hour when working in big directories is to just add them straight to the root folder.

What do I mean by this? Let's say, for example, that you want to add some new stuff in the `PC` archive. Instead of unpacking the entire folder(which is huge) and repacking it again, just create a `ymir work` folder in root and add your files.

After you've tested and everything works properly, you can move them to the proper directory(PC).

I don't mind helping people(I quite enjoy it, actually), but I get fucking pissed when I want to read something about some files(like, for example, if any new bugs came out) and have to go through 1000 messages of people having off topic discussions. We have a `Questions & Answers` section for a reason.

I hope you understand what I mean.

then your approach was a bit abrupt, however I am not familiar with metin2 files since I have not played with them for 10 years, the problem was simply the fact that I created folders etc, pc, pc2, sound and sound2 and doing the packing was just overwriting that. now having understood what is eternexus and after having performed the procedure of unpack and then modifies with a final pack with eternexus the server started with 0 errors, the 4th inventory and with the sixth skill without problems.
In any case, thanks for the advice

• Love 1

@ TMP4 ur client is v22? meaning have everything update?

https://metin2.dev/board/topic/15649-official-unpacked-updates-metin2-new-spam-free/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-136592

if not, i need to unpack and pack all the updates since 2017? or i can implement only the new updates?

What date is the last update of this client? If you can give me the exact date from which I have to start patching I would be grateful!

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, BroccoloMaestro said:

@ TMP4 ur client is v22? meaning have everything update?

https://metin2.dev/board/topic/15649-official-unpacked-updates-metin2-new-spam-free/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-136592

if not, i need to unpack and pack all the updates since 2017? or i can implement only the news updates?

What date is the last update of this client? If you can give me the exact date from which I have to start patching I would be grateful!

What he means by 2022 is that the client's source can be compiled with Visual Studio 2022.

The Client is from 2013/2014.

Updating the client to the latest official files require changing the proto structures as well, for both item and mob_proto, since they're not compatible. You'll have to add the new types, subtypes, applys, maskType, maskSubtype, as well as the columns for 67Material and elemental shit.

12 hours ago, Amun said:

Yes you are right he has destroyed ETC pack because I had same problem long time ago and these .sub files are in ETC.. And one little think.. I got this problems with Eter Nexus.. Maybe because in original ETC pack is many korea shits.. So the best solution is repack ETC from rar with other unpacker, delete korea shits and repack.. 

Edited by Filachilla

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Helobarato said:

I downloaded the files and at lvl 105 i can drop dragon shards (for alchemy) by low level monsters. i tried replacing "when kill begin" with "when kill with math.abs(npc.get_level() - pc.get_level()) <= 15 begin"        But it still doesn't work! what can i do to fix this bug?

there is no npc.get_level() function in this source, you need to add it

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Helobarato said:

I downloaded the files and at lvl 105 i can drop dragon shards (for alchemy) by low level monsters. i tried replacing "when kill begin" with "when kill with math.abs(npc.get_level() - pc.get_level()) <= 15 begin"        But it still doesn't work! what can i do to fix this bug?

As Valki said, you have to implement the npc.get_level() function. Take it from there.

• Contributor
1 hour ago, Helobarato said:

would you help me please? i don't know how to do it! i tried but it didn't work!

Copy this to questlua_npc.cpp, anywhere but after / before any function, and not inside an existing function.

int npc_get_level(lua_State* L)
	{
		lua_pushnumber(L, CQuestManager::instance().GetCurrentNPCCharacterPtr()->GetLevel());
		return 1;
	}

Same file, there is a list in the botton, add:

{ "get_level",					npc_get_level					},

Gameclean, gamecompile.

3 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Copy this to questlua_npc.cpp, anywhere but after / before any function, and not inside an existing function.

int npc_get_level(lua_State* L)
	{
		lua_pushnumber(L, CQuestManager::instance().GetCurrentNPCCharacterPtr()->GetLevel());
		return 1;
	}

Same file, there is a list in the botton, add:

{ "get_level",					npc_get_level					},

Gameclean, gamecompile.

It worked! thank you so much!!!! the last 2 things i wanted to fix:

Removing the basic metin2 quests so i can start creating mines

removing the "test" server on the client

Edited by Helobarato

5 hours ago, Helobarato said:

It worked! thank you so much!!!! the last 2 things i wanted to fix:

Removing the basic metin2 quests so i can start creating mines

removing the "test" server on the client

You can easily remove the quests from locale_list, removing each quest by name, and then you can safely delete them completely from your files if you so desire.

Test server column can also be removed from serverinfo.py, located in root folder.

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.