[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

Hello, I've noticed a small problem with Guilds, first time when I created a guild and it had no logo selected, the Client syserr would give:

invalid idx 0

I tried updating DeviL to 1.8.0 which resulted in not being able to select a logo anymore, clicking Ok would not change the logo it already had. Any idea on how to make Guild logo work after updating DeviL?, the error doesn't occur with this version it seems.

• Contributor
2 hours ago, metolis said:

Hello, I've noticed a small problem with Guilds, first time when I created a guild and it had no logo selected, the Client syserr would give:

I tried updating DeviL to 1.8.0 which resulted in not being able to select a logo anymore, clicking Ok would not change the logo it already had. Any idea on how to make Guild logo work after updating DeviL?, the error doesn't occur with this version it seems.

No, I cannot help you with DevIL 1.8. Mali downgraded the DeviL for a reason.

When that syserr happens? Because I could not reproduce.

Spoiler

Also I don't think updating the DeviL to 1.8 will make you any difference since that syserr happens when the client asks for a non existing guild logo.

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

No, I cannot help you with DevIL 1.8. Mali downgraded the DeviL for a reason.

When that syserr happens? Because I could not reproduce.

Hide contents

Also I don't think updating the DeviL to 1.8 will make you any difference since that syserr happens when the client asks for a non existing guild logo.

TLDR: no problem after restoring original files, might've been rooted in other edits.
Hello, thanks for getting back to me, the syserr used to happen when a new guild was created, invested exp for it to be able to choose a logo and then restarting the client without choosing any logo. However, I also modified src for a system, so I assume that might've had something to do with it because now, after restoring the original files, no syserr comes up when recreating the previous steps. 

I would also like to ask about this binary output when rebuilding:

Spoiler

17>Couldn't open D:\ClientVS22\vs_files\UserInterface\predefined C++ types (compiler internal), continuing without source annotations
17>Couldn't open D:\ClientVS22\vs_files\UserInterface\predefined C++ types (compiler internal), continuing without source annotations
17>Finished generating code
17>UserInterface.vcxproj -> D:\ClientVS22\binary\Metin2Distribute.exe
========== Rebuild All: 17 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Is this a problem?

• Contributor
4 minutes ago, metolis said:

TLDR: no problem after restoring original files, might've been rooted in other edits.
Hello, thanks for getting back to me, the syserr used to happen when a new guild was created, invested exp for it to be able to choose a logo and then restarting the client without choosing any logo. However, I also modified src for a system, so I assume that might've had something to do with it because now, after restoring the original files, no syserr comes up when recreating the previous steps. 

I would also like to ask about this binary output when rebuilding:

Hide contents

17>Finished generating code
17>UserInterface.vcxproj -> D:\ClientVS22\binary\Metin2Distribute.exe
========== Rebuild All: 17 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Is this a problem?

That's fine until you see "Rebuild All: 17 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped". You probably ask because of the first 3 lines, those are just  information, not error message.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, kenoZ said:

https://metin2.download/picture/kttrjLsZAt95Ldo86WEcpOa54bAVQCE8/.png

can someone tell me why comes this error?

I Think, you Need the build tools, but i dont know which Version. C++ ATL for latest v? build tools (x86 & x64)
C++ MFC for latest v? build tools (x86 & x64)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Contributor
6 hours ago, kenoZ said:

There is a readme next to the client source. Read that.

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Contributor
10 hours ago, kenoZ said:

That's part of MFC(Microsoft Foundation Class library). Honestly, you can remove 90%(or more) of what's in UserInterface.rc anyway.

So, you can either:

1. Install MFC

2. Remove what's not used in UserInterface.rc

3. Replace afxres.h with Windows.h

3 hours ago, burakhangunduz66 said:

How can we remove the given warning?

I don't think anyone around here can give you any input on that. I've looked a bit around and couldn't find much, only some error reported on Microsoft's docs and this:

https://www.geoffchappell.com/studies/msvc/language/predefined/

You have bigger fish to catch. You're complaining about these info messages because these are the ones you see(typical), but I don't see you saying anything about the hundreds of warnings you get when opening and scanning a cpp file.

TMP4 told you earlier - as long as it's compiling and doesn't interfere with the end result, you're free to solve the actual problems.

Good day

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

Hello,
For some reason most times when either someone enters a portal/teleports to the second village, or from it to the main village, he gets kicked and can't get back in the server until I restart it. I have no idea where to look for errors but I couldn't find any in the syserr files.

EDIT: found on game1: 
SYSERR: Mar  6 18:05:56 :: socket_connect: HOST 5.249.89.226:14099, could not connect.
SYSERR: Mar  6 18:10:06 :: Process: SEQUENCE 21f69980 mismatch 0xaf != 0x64 header 254
SYSERR: Mar  6 18:10:06 :: Process: SEQUENCE_LOG [UNKNOWN]-------------
    [254 : 0xaf]

But I don't know where this packet comes from, how it's supposed to be, and how it got corrupted...

Another issue:
It seems that either you can only play local, or remote. I couldn't play in my local network when I open up the server with BIND_IP and PROXY_IP, which sucks. Is there any way for the game to ignore this process if it detects someone from the same network?
Thanks for the help, and keep up the good work!

Edited by GAFerreira13

I do not know, whether it's only me, or anybody else, but I'm struggling with starting channels.

If I only start channel 1, it works fine, but when I start more than one channel, only the last one gets started.
Example: I start 3 channels, but only channel 3 is running and 1-2 are off. When I try to switch it off using close.sh, I get a message saying:

Stopping auth..
Stopping channel1/first..
kill: 2107: No such process
Stopping channel1/game2..
kill: 2099: No such process
Stopping channel1/game1..
kill: 2103: No such process
Stopping channel2/first..
Stopping channel2/game2..
Stopping channel2/game1..
Stopping channel3/first..
Stopping channel3/game2..
Stopping channel3/game1..
Stopping channel4/first..
server is not running.
Stopping channel4/game2..
server is not running.
Stopping channel4/game1..
server is not running.
Stopping game99..
Stopping db..

Any idea what could be wrong?

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Protheus said:

I do not know, whether it's only me, or anybody else, but I'm struggling with starting channels.

If I only start channel 1, it works fine, but when I start more than one channel, only the last one gets started.
Example: I start 3 channels, but only channel 3 is running and 1-2 are off. When I try to switch it off using close.sh, I get a message saying:

Stopping auth..
Stopping channel1/first..
kill: 2107: No such process
Stopping channel1/game2..
kill: 2099: No such process
Stopping channel1/game1..
kill: 2103: No such process
Stopping channel2/first..
Stopping channel2/game2..
Stopping channel2/game1..
Stopping channel3/first..
Stopping channel3/game2..
Stopping channel3/game1..
Stopping channel4/first..
server is not running.
Stopping channel4/game2..
server is not running.
Stopping channel4/game1..
server is not running.
Stopping game99..
Stopping db..

Any idea what could be wrong?

I can start all ch just fine.

Check/provide

• syserr of ch1 cores
  • syslog of ch1 cores
  • output of ch1 cores (in putty)
  • system specs (cpu, ram)

to find out what's your problem.

• Contributor
3 hours ago, RedforeCz said:

can this somehow upload these files to Hicoria hosting ? 

They don't let you install FreeBSD but for 300 Credits (idk how much is that) they let you install the OS from iso, so yes it is possible but you have to install the OS yourself. https://hicoria.com/en/intro/home/price-list

On 2/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, Amun said:

Open the virtual machine and write this in the console

ee /etc/rc.conf

Then delete everything and write this in the file(press ctrl+k to remove line by line, if you want):

hostname=".localhost"
keymap="us.kbd"
ifconfig_em0="192.168.1.119 netmask 0xffffff00"
defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
sshd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
mysql_enable="yes"
ifconfig_em0="inet 25.26.45.100 netmask 255.0.0.0"
defaultrouter="25.26.45.233"

Replace 25.26.45.233 with your IP from hamachi.

Where it says 25.26.45.100 write your IP from hamachi, but instead of the last 3 numbers, write 100.

To make it simpler, what you need is the ifconfig_em0 and defaultrouter, but I just copy pasted everything from mine..

Press esc, leave editor and save changes.

After that, restart the network interface(write it in the console):

/etc/rc.d/netif restart

If it doesn't refresh automatically, give it a reboot.

Also, make sure your VM's Network configuration is set to Bridged Adapter and name LogMeIn Hamachi.

Here's a couple of pictures:

Something for the other users:

If it takes a while to connect to your VM from SSH or WinSCP, just delete `resolv.conf` from etc.

OR, just edit it and put your IP there. In my case, I would be able to do this:

ee /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 25.26.45.100

Esc, exit and save changes.

Then run
/etc/rc.d/netif restart

You're good to go.

Or delete it:

rm -rf /etc/resolv.conf

Good luck!

hi, i have a problem my friend and i can't connect together. I can connect but he is unable in any way. We all use hamachi but we also tried Wippien. But nothing.

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev

On 3/7/2022 at 5:44 PM, TMP4 said:

I can start all ch just fine.

Check/provide

• syserr of ch1 cores
  • syslog of ch1 cores
  • output of ch1 cores (in putty)
  • system specs (cpu, ram)

to find out what's your problem.

Its a VPS running on FreeBSD 13.0, with 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD and a CPU with 2 shared cores (2vCPU, shared 1:3), but cannot really tell the frequency, as the hosting company does not have that on their site. Will try to find out.

Will provide logs later today.

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.