[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

Has anyone tried to implement the 4 inventory extension thing? I'm getting dc'd after loading screen and this is the error on syserr :

0128 14:39:07924 :: invalid idx 0
0128 14:39:15950 :: 
uiInventory.py(line:313) __LoadWindow
ui.py(line:2704) GetChild

InventoryWindow.LoadWindow.BindObject - <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>:'Inventory_Tab_03'

0128 14:39:15950 :: ============================================================================================================
0128 14:39:15950 :: Abort!!!!

I did all the steps in the 4Inventory extension file and compiled the game folder.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:27 PM, MarcoJorge said:

does anyone know where to solve ring exp glove thief %?

Should be in item_proto

On 1/26/2022 at 12:35 AM, Yowp said:

are these files beginner friendly? or is there still a lot to be done for non beginner lol

I had no idea how to make a server too, you have nothing to do. The files are complete. Unless you wanna make some changes to ur server then u learn as u go (Thats what im doing)

Edited by Fyco

• Contributor
5 minutes ago, Fyco said:

Has anyone tried to implement the 4 inventory extension thing? I'm getting dc'd after loading screen and this is the error on syserr :

0128 14:39:07924 :: invalid idx 0
0128 14:39:15950 :: 
uiInventory.py(line:313) __LoadWindow
ui.py(line:2704) GetChild

InventoryWindow.LoadWindow.BindObject - <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>:'Inventory_Tab_03'

0128 14:39:15950 :: ============================================================================================================
0128 14:39:15950 :: Abort!!!!

I did all the steps in the 4Inventory extension file and compiled the game folder.

InventoryWindow.LoadWindow loads inventorywindow.py in locale. That's have the Inventory_Tab_03 and 4. You forgot that part.

6 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

InventoryWindow.LoadWindow loads inventorywindow.py in locale. That's have the Inventory_Tab_03 and 4. You forgot that part.

I replaced the file inventorywindow.py by the one you gave us in the 4inventory extension. Still same error. Do I have to edit all the locale files or just the en one?

• Contributor
Just now, Fyco said:

I replaced the file inventorywindow.py by the one you gave us in the 4inventory extension. Still same error. Do I have to edit all the locale files or just the en one?

Just the locale u use.

But don't forget to repack and place to the pack folder.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:15 PM, TMP4 said:

Just the locale u use.

But don't forget to repack and place to the pack folder.

Thank you, it launched. But now I can't access the inventories. it shows that there are 4 but I can't click on them so its stuck on the 1st inventory and I cant see the items im wearing. I might've messed up somewhere else. Any clue?

.png

• Contributor
On 1/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, Fyco said:

Thank you, it launched. But now I can't access the inventories. it shows that there are 4 but I can't click on them so its stuck on the 1st inventory and I cant see the items im wearing. I might've messed up somewhere else. Any clue?

.png

etc.eix-epk part, maybe you forgot to repack it like the locale.

4 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

etc.eix-epk part, maybe you forgot to repack it like the locale.

I packed it now, when I launch the game it says "Tracerback: Error: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'
and in syserr

0128 16:33:00358 :: mouseModule:155: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception

0128 16:33:00358 :: Traceback (most recent call last):

0128 16:33:00358 ::   File "mouseModule.py", line 155, in ChangeCursor

0128 16:33:00359 :: RuntimeError
0128 16:33:00359 :: : 
0128 16:33:00359 :: Cannot load image (filename: D:/Ymir Work/UI/Cursor/cursor_hvsize.sub)
0128 16:33:00359 :: 

Thank you for helping I'm pretty new to that stuff sorry 😄

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, Fyco said:

I packed it now, when I launch the game it says "Tracerback: Error: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'
and in syserr

0128 16:33:00358 :: mouseModule:155: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for exception

0128 16:33:00358 :: Traceback (most recent call last):

0128 16:33:00358 ::   File "mouseModule.py", line 155, in ChangeCursor

0128 16:33:00359 :: RuntimeError
0128 16:33:00359 :: : 
0128 16:33:00359 :: Cannot load image (filename: D:/Ymir Work/UI/Cursor/cursor_hvsize.sub)
0128 16:33:00359 :: 

Thank you for helping I'm pretty new to that stuff sorry 😄

Try to redo the etc part because you messed up the file.
The cursor is the first thing the client loads, and we did not touched it, so the etc file itself got currpted or something.
Make sure to keep the folder hierarchy Eternexus\ETC\ymir work\ui

3 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Try to redo the etc part because you messed up the file.
The cursor is the first thing the client loads, and we did not touched it, so the etc file itself got currpted or something.
Make sure to keep the folder hierarchy Eternexus\ETC\ymir work\ui

I redid the whole thing twice ,  the same error when I try to repack the etc folder. I noticed that the etc.epk/eix after repacking are only  111kb/1kb when the ones that are originally in the "pack" folder before doing anything are 3633kb/36kb.
But how would that affect the cursor thing?

Edited by Fyco

• Contributor
29 minutes ago, Fyco said:

I redid the whole thing twice ,  the same error when I try to repack the etc folder. I noticed that the etc.epk/eix after repacking are only  111kb/1kb when the ones that are originally in the "pack" folder before doing anything are 3633kb/36kb.
But how would that affect the cursor thing?

The file size difference is because eternexus packs everything with type1 (compressed) and etc was packed without compression by Ymir.
But both file size what you saying are not correct. The epk originally 36mb (not 3,6mb) and after a repack it will be 13mb (because of the compression).
You can turn off the compression in Eternexus's settings and the repacked file will be 36mb as before.

Here is the etc repacked with the 4 inventory stuffs: 

This is the hidden content, please

I can't tell you what you're doing wrong with repackaging etc with eternexus. (Or do you use other packer?) Make a video or something if you can't figure it out.

• Metin2 Dev 8
  • Eyes 1
  • Good 6
  • Love 5

On 1/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, Yowp said:

are these files beginner friendly? or is there still a lot to be done for non beginner lol

No, I wouldn't say it is. The files are good, they work, that's not the problem. The problem is the lack of customer service. You can't contact anyone if something not working and it's not part of the base server file. A friend of mine was trying to put in the sash system, doing everything well as it was in the tutorial but the game cannot compile. He wrote to TMP4 but he only got the answer to ask his question publicly otherwise he doesn’t help him because "private help doesn’t help the community". (WTF?!) So if you stuck with an error, you won’t get private help from him. Obviously, you can't ask every question in public for several reasons, and what a lame to ask everything in public anyway...

I only recommend using this release if you are not a beginner or already have a developer on your team. Otherwise look for another release where there is a customer support, because believe me, you need it especially as a beginner.

• Smile Tear 1
  • Confused 1
  • Lmao 3

1 minute ago, Lupio1024 said:

No, I wouldn't say it is. The files are good, they work, that's not the problem. The problem is the lack of customer service. You can't contact anyone if something not working and it's not part of the base server file. A friend of mine was trying to put in the sash system, doing everything well as it was in the tutorial but the game cannot compile. He wrote to TMP4 but he only got the answer to ask his question publicly otherwise he doesn’t help him because "private help doesn’t help the community". (WTF?!) So if you stuck with an error, you won’t get private help from him. Obviously, you can't ask every question in public for several reasons, and what a lame to ask everything in public anyway...

I only recommend using this release if you are not a beginner or already have a developer on your team. Otherwise look for another release where there is a customer support, because believe me, you need it especially as a beginner.

I disagree, sure he doesnt offer private help and cant guide you fully but he's not supposed too, theres plenty of tutorials/websites to ask your questions and he did help me quite a lot in public on this forum. He was very patient. Sure I wouldn't have done everything correctly as a beginner without help but it's still a very good start. Plus he added the BSD already configured so you don't have to setup the server files on it.
However your point is somewhat correct, as a beginner, messing with the files and adding stuff to the server is not as easy without help.

• Management
1 minute ago, Lupio1024 said:

Why customer service? There is nothing for sale in this thread 😉

If TMP4 does not provide help by private message because the help must benefit everyone, for example post a message on this topic or create a help topic in the appropriate forum. Someone who knows the problem can answer.

These file servers can be used by a beginner since most tutorials and shares are generally based on the basic source.

• Good 1

Alright no money no customer service, I get it, but that's not change the fact: a beginner needs one.

Yes people can ask help in public but as I said that's a lame. Also there is situations where you don't want your work to be public but you have to share the code part for asking help in public. As you see public help is not always a solution. Also asking questions like every day make you look foolish, but in reality you are just a beginner.

Also I said the release is fine, and it is a fact that there is no customer service for this, so don't attack me for saying the truth.

40 minutes ago, Fyco said:

However your point is somewhat correct, as a beginner, messing with the files and adding stuff to the server is not as easy without help.

Yes that's what I just said, that was my point. That's why I said better to look for another release where there is customer support if you are a beginner.

Edited by Lupio1024
finish sentence

2 hours ago, Lupio1024 said:

It is the most beginner friendly stuff I ever seen. @ TMP4 makes an impressive job helping people here, even if he do it only publicly. Also the sash problem is not belongs to him, even server files what have customer service not doing such job. For example if you buy Marty's advanced server file, he will not help you to install 3rd systems. (Not to mention Marty's answering rate, like you have to wait months for an answer even if you had paid..)

But I don't get the whole concept of a customer service for a free server file. Like why the hell would be TMP4 required to run a customer service?

Spoiler

Otherwise look for another release where there is a customer support

Can you mention at least one? A free one. I can't. Paid server files are better I know but even they don't come with such type of customer service what you are talking about. (And usually the support are even worse than what TMP4 provide here!)

• Angry 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Mahtox said:

It is the most beginner friendly stuff I ever seen. @ TMP4 makes an impressive job helping people here, even if he do it only publicly. Also the sash problem is not belongs to him, even server files what have customer service not doing such job. For example if you buy Marty's advanced server file, he will not help you to install 3rd systems. (Not to mention Marty's answering rate, like you have to wait months for an answer even if you had paid..)

But I don't get the whole concept of a customer service for a free server file. Like why the hell would be TMP4 required to run a customer service?

Hide contents

Otherwise look for another release where there is a customer support

Can you mention at least one? A free one. I can't. Paid server files are better I know but even they don't come with such type of customer service what you are talking about. (And usually the support are even worse than what TMP4 provide here!)

I never said he is required to do anything. I just answered a questions with my opinion and with a fact that this does not have customer service and a beginner would probably need one. And you are wrong, better customer services helps people to install things. Marty is not, I know since once I bought from him, but there are other projects with better customer services. I don't want to give names because it is not an advertisement.

• Lmao 1

• Contributor
1 hour ago, TonisBoss said:

@ TMP4
I think there is a bug with magic def grade. 
If you do a buff for ex. Strong body and you remove the shield and put the shield back again it keeps raising.

Hi, I did a quick investigation:

1. Login -> 367 magic def (base + equipments)
  2. Strong body -> stays 367 magic def visually (in reality we have 539 now)
  3. Uneqip shield -> 487 magic def  (strong body - shield)
  4. Equip shield -> 539 magic def (strong body + shield)
  5. Wait a few mins for strong body expire -> stays 539 magic def visually (in reality we have 367 now)
  6. Uneqip shield -> 315 magic def (base - shield)

Basicly the problem is that the magic def value in character's stat window only refresh when you equip or unequip something.
(But it's not keep raising as you said, it just refreshes and shows the actual value.)

I tried quicly this in 3 server and all acted the same, so I guess this was a basic bug in r40250.
Currently I do not have a fix for this visual bug (since I just faced with this now), if I manage to fix this I'll update the files, or if anyone have a fix, I would be grateful if you would share.

Edited by TMP4
  • Think 1
  • Good 1

28 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

1. Login -> 367 magic def
  2. Strong body -> stays 367 magic def (doen't update visually, in reality we have 539 now)
  3. Uneqip shield -> 487 magic def (strong body - shield)
  5. Wait a few mins for strong body expire -> 539 magic def (doesn't update visually, in reality we have 367 now)

Basicly the problem is that the magic def value in character's stat window only refresh when you equip or unequip something.
(But it's not keep raising as you said, it just refreshes and shows the actual value.)

I tried quicly this in 3 server and all acted the same, so I guess this was a basic bug in r40250.
Currently I do not have a fix for this bug (since I just faced with this now), if I manage to fix this I'll update the files, or if anyone have a fix, I would be grateful if you would share.

Also if someone have items with extra stats and do skill before he replace the items with normal items, it keeps the stats from the "extra stat" items.
Example: 
Sura with 100 int -> 100 def skill
Sura with 140 int -> 140 def skill,after that he removes the 40 int and he still got 140 def.
Is it visual like that one i said you before or is there any solution

12 hours ago, TMP4 said:

1. Login -> 367 magic def (base + equipments)
  2. Strong body -> stays 367 magic def visually (in reality we have 539 now)
  3. Uneqip shield -> 487 magic def  (strong body - shield)
  5. Wait a few mins for strong body expire -> stays 539 magic def visually (in reality we have 367 now)

Currently I do not have a fix for this visual bug (since I just faced with this now), if I manage to fix this I'll update the files, or if anyone have a fix, I would be grateful if you would share.

When I was a hardcore mental warrior at metin2.ro in 2011-2013 we always had to re-equip our armor after strong body to gather the magic defence when I did pvp with a sura or shaman. I remember we tested it before and after and after we got less dmg.

So it is an actual real bug, not just visual. I think I only saw this bug fixed in Owsap's serverfile.
Maybe you can contact him but I doubt he will share a fix for free regarding his pricing 😂

• Metin2 Dev 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.