Black screen / Client freeze

Distraught

2 hours ago, Distraught said:

How can you be just so so so so so stupid? If your server kicks you out it's because you don't even know what you are doing. Not my fix is the problem, it's more like your knowledge... Actually marty just repeated half of what I wrote down before and you're saying what I wrote is not working while licking his ass clean at the same time. (don't get me wrong, it's not against marty, it's against you and other incompetent stupid-ass motherfuckers like you)

Sorry for the language... But for nothing else...

The effects you use on your maps are not managed by EffectManager. They are managed by the Area itself.

I dont say anything on you or your fix *WTF.. You only dont understand.. I said I dont got black screen but kick.. So your fix works! But I think missing code or something because before I can got black screen, my char is kicked.. I think there is more than your fix.. And yes Im not pro, but Marty said he is not sure where is problem for sure and you safe it one of long time ago problem with one line??????!!! Respect if anyone say feedback.. Can be usefull for all.. Just with your code is no problem but game is not fit.. I dont have too much experiences with debug but I think there is overflow with some things.. 

Edit: Second kick before black screen.. Game works fine without lags without black screen but kicking if come black screen... 

Edited by Cunoo

19 minutes ago, xGalardo said:

I had the client on a tray for 12 hours, it works perfectly, no ejections, etc. I also installed Marty's fix, which really fixed the Flame Ghost monster "bug".

I don't know if it matters, but i use Marty's source.

Me too Marty fix works fine but this is only part.. I have strange bug with first part. I dont have problem with black screen but with kick if black screen cooming.. My cpu is 30%+ up if cooming black screen. I think this is not easy to safe with one line.. There is more things bad than granny controller. M

• Lmao 1

• Honorable Member

@Cunoowhat do you mean with kick? Does the client crash or does the character get disconnected back the the login phase? If the client is crashing, have you tried to debug it?

14 hours ago, Owsap said:

@Cunoowhat do you mean with kick? Does the client crash or does the character get disconnected back the the login phase? If the client is crashing, have you tried to debug it?

No, client works fine.. I'm kicked to login before black screen.. So I never got black screen but insta kick to login.. 

Edited by Cunoo

• Honorable Member
1 minute ago, Cunoo said:

No, client works fibe.. I'm kicked to login before black screen.. So I never got black screen but insta kick to login.. 

🤔 I find it hard to believe that 1 line of code causes that. It must be something else and certainly it's another topic.

• Good 1

24 minutes ago, PetePeter said:

Can be about "_IMPROVED_PACKET_ENCRYPTION_" I had some similar problem with it (Like client instant kick instead of lagging when sorting a big inventory)

I think can be something like this.. Because I never got black screen after fix, but if I can "get" black screen (10 hours+ in game) Im kicked.. I test it 3x and same problem just Im kicked before I can got black screen... Game is compiled clean from kraizy same as client, only for test.. I think there is something more bad.. Game is overflowed with something more.. Im not sure where is problem because I try debug and nothing happen.. I dont have too much deep knowledges for more.. But for me is this problem really strange because I use clean game for test... Today I test it on my game.. So I write feedback too late..

3 hours ago, Cunoo said:

I think can be something like this.. Because I never got black screen after fix, but if I can "get" black screen (10 hours+ in game) Im kicked.. I test it 3x and same problem just Im kicked before I can got black screen... Game is compiled clean from kraizy same as client, only for test.. I think there is something more bad.. Game is overflowed with something more.. Im not sure where is problem because I try debug and nothing happen.. I dont have too much deep knowledges for more.. But for me is this problem really strange because I use clean game for test... Today I test it on my game.. So I write feedback too late..

if you find the problem, please leave the fix over here. it might help to improve the "black screen issue" topic, so it will be an upgrade to what @ Distraught left for us.

• Honorable Member
On 9/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Distraught said:

The effects you use on your maps are not managed by EffectManager. They are managed by the Area itself.

I've checked them, and they don't stack up. The loaded effects will keep being played as a loop until you move outside of the closed 2x2 area.

pHlKKTH.png

wjRlKI6.png

WEf9uNj.png

In here there was only one element inside m_EffectInstanceMap, and rkEftMgr.DestroyUnsafeEffectInstance has never being called.

I initially thought to move the CArea::__UpdateEffectList call inside CPythonBackground::Update, but we probably don't even need to do so if there are no temporary effects in the maps.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 3

On 9/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, martysama0134 said:

The black screen was mostly caused by two major bugs:

1. The granny controller freezing the process for n seconds until you get dc'd from the game
    1. You can test it by:
    2. Spawning tons of monsters
    3. Minimize the client for 30 - 40 minutes
    4. Maximizing the window again (it will freeze exactly at this point)
  2. The EffectManager not destroying the expired effects while the window was minimized, which caused all the executed effects to stack up and be run all at once after maximizing the window again
    1. You can test this bug very easily:
    2. Spawn tons Flame Ghosts and minimize the window
      1. /ma "Flame Ghost" 100
      2. /cannot_dead

I wasn't sure how to solve the 1st one, but for the 2nd one you can fix it in one of these ways:

151605UCH22zd.png

1st Way) refresh only once every 256 frames = 4-6 seconds depending on the lag

1516050B26Z93.png

2nd Way) effect manager refresh for every frame

151605kBI2BOi.png

3rd Way) move the update from RenderGame to UpdateGame (it may not be called if skipFrame=true on ::Process)

I've tried the 2nd way and it makes my Aura Sword flicker, is it normal?

• Good 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, Cunoo said:

"_IMPROVED_PACKET_ENCRYPTION_" 

delete this from your files. But fix it before you delete it. delete this encryption after repairing.

• Lmao 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Cunoo said:

No, client works fine.. I'm kicked to login before black screen.. So I never got black screen but insta kick to login.. 

input_main.cpp

else if (iDelta < -(iServerDelta / 50)) // Bugged 
			{
				// I understand that it goes 20msec faster in 1 second.
				sys_log(0, "SPEEDHACK: DETECTED! %s (delta %d %d)", ch->GetName(), iDelta, iServerDelta);
				if (ch->GetGMLevel() == GM_IMPLEMENTOR) { // Logged @fixme415
					ch->ChatPacket(CHAT_TYPE_INFO, "SPEEDHACK: DETECTED! %s (delta %d %d)", ch->GetName(), iDelta, iServerDelta);
				}
				else {
					//ch->GetDesc()->DelayedDisconnect(3);
				}
			}

i had this problem before,

it's mainly because of this right here, if you're not working on a live server you gonna have to adjust the server time zone with (tzsetup) every once in a while
or just disable the DelayedDisconnect and keep working.

Great fix btw thx @ Distraught 💖

Edited by CONTROL

• 3 months later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.