[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

• Contributor
23 hours ago, covfefe said:

Dumb question ahead: I'm not able to see skyboxes ingame. Is there something I have to do in source or what do I need to do to have skyboxes?

No you don't. Check the basic skyboxes and find the difference with your implementation of the new ones.

32 minutes ago, TonisBoss said:

@ TMP4 how to add firewall rule to communicate db only with website?

Do you mean the database? (since Metin2 server have db binary it's confusing sometimes)
Just set the user's host to the website. like web@web_ip_address and set root to root@localhost.
You don't need ipfw for this.

But the rules would look like this I guess

${fwcmd} add 00001 deny all from any to me dst-port 3306
${fwcmd} add 00002 allow all from 127.0.0.0/8 to me dst-port 3306
${fwcmd} add 00003 allow all from web_ip_address to me dst-port 3306
Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

No you don't. Check the basic skyboxes and find the difference with your implementation of the new ones.

Do you mean the database? (since Metin2 server have db binary it's confusing sometimes)
Just set the user's host to the website. like web@web_ip_address and set root to root@localhost.
You don't need ipfw for this.

But the rules would look like this I guess

${fwcmd} add 00001 deny all from any to me dst-port 3306
${fwcmd} add 00002 allow all from 127.0.0.0/8 to me dst-port 3306
${fwcmd} add 00003 allow all from web_ip_address to me dst-port 3306

Yes.i mean database. I want it to refuse external connections, for sql injections. If I set root to localhost it's the same thing that i want to do with firewall? 

• Contributor
1 hour ago, TonisBoss said:

Yes.i mean database. I want it to refuse external connections, for sql injections. If I set root to localhost it's the same thing that i want to do with firewall? 

Neither way will protect you from sql injection since the website will run the injected sql, and the website's ip is allowed both way.
(But yes, the end result is same, only the web ip will be allowed to connect from outside.)

To protect yourself from sql injection the only way is to fix vulnerable code. Always escape user inputs and use prepared statements then you'll be fine.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 2

Hello there! I have discovered a bug with main mission lv6. After you speak to the City Guard you will not be sent to the blacksmith. You will also receive letter "Go to the City Guard". Relog and the same thing happens which blocks the rest of the main quests.

Thank you for the work you put in this project!

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Contributor
20 hours ago, silvabl said:

Hello there! I have discovered a bug with main mission lv6. After you speak to the City Guard you will not be sent to the blacksmith. You will also receive letter "Go to the City Guard". Relog and the same thing happens which blocks the rest of the main quests.

Thank you for the work you put in this project!

Hi, thanks for letting me know. To fix that issue you can change translate.lua:
gameforge.main_quest_lv27._140_sayReward = "You receive %d. " -> gameforge.main_quest_lv27._140_sayReward = "You receive %s. "
The problem was it gave a string while the text format needed number. Don't forget recompiling quests. (And yes this lv27 line used in the lv6 too)

2022.01.13: - Fixed translate.lua gameforge.main_quest_lv27._140_sayReward line. (%d -> %s)
            - Added locale_string.txt translation for "Ľş°řŔűŔ¸·Î ĽÓĽşŔĚ Ăß°ˇ µÇľú˝Ŕ´Ď´Ů"; (6-7 bonus).
            - Fixed exchange with dragon soul stones. (exchange.cpp CExchange::CheckSpace())
Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 1
  • Love 4

• Contributor
13 hours ago, Nebi Senol said:

Can you explain the added fixes?

Changelog.txt

On 1/17/2022 at 3:53 AM, 2NTY3 said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of any system/quest that makes a new play when entering the server get all the Biologo missions done? 

I've seen it on some servers.. 🙄

Srry for my english.. is bad xD

Thx for help 😉

Add all bonus and set all quest_state of biology quests to done in give_basic_weapon_new.quest. Here is an example for lv30, do the same with all:

affect.add_collect(apply.MOV_SPEED, 10, 60*60*24*365*60)
set_quest_state("collect_quest_lv30", "__complete")

(But this was an unrelated question to the topic, next time please use questions & answers.)

• Contributor
8 minutes ago, TonisBoss said:

@ TMP4 There is a bug with shaman's shooting dragon. It does no dmg at all. 
I did this fix 

but now shooting dragon does x2 dmg and has no range.
Any solution?

It works fine for me:

2103240121-110257.jpg

You can launch the skill far away, but only do dmg if you are closer (like my picture). It is how it's worked in 40k so I don't think I will touch this skill.
If your skill do 0 dmg (at close range and mob didn't move away), you did something, because as you see, it's working for me.

• Good 3

Quick question, how can I let other players log onto the server? I put the correct ip in serverinfo.py and installed the client on my other device, however, I can only log when I am connected to the same wifi as the one I hosted the server on even though the ip in the client files is correct

• Contributor
3 hours ago, Fyco said:

Quick question, how can I let other players log onto the server? I put the correct ip in serverinfo.py and installed the client on my other device, however, I can only log when I am connected to the same wifi as the one I hosted the server on even though the ip in the client files is correct

Check FAQ.txt.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:48 AM, TMP4 said:

It's in my Mega drive.

This is the hidden content, please

Look for home root in the txt.

Thank you so much, one more thing, If I wanna change a certain item's attributes or allow someone to put a certain attribute on an item in exchange for coins, is that possible? like a custom attribute changer thing ? if so, how?
Example here : .png
Also, how could I change the starting items the user gets when he first logs in (Like the sword+0 and Apprentice chest) or the Apprentice chest items?

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

• Contributor
On 1/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Fyco said:

Thank you so much, one more thing, If I wanna change a certain item's attributes or allow someone to put a certain attribute on an item in exchange for coins, is that possible? like a custom attribute changer thing ? if so, how?
Example here : .png
Also, how could I change the starting items the user gets when he first logs in (Like the sword+0 and Apprentice chest) or the Apprentice chest items?

The starting items are in give_basic_weapon_new.quest and the chest items are in special_item_group.txt (like every chest).

The other question is unrelated to the topic. "if so, how?" You have to develop it or hire someone to develop it for you.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

The starting items are in give_basic_weapon_new.quest and the chest items are in special_item_group.txt (like every chest).

The other question is unrelated to the topic. "if so, how?" You have to develop it or hire someone to develop it for you.

Thank you got it, also, is there a way to edit a metin stone drop timer? So for example when someone breaks a certain metin stone, another one spawns like 3 sec later instead of whatever time it takes. And another thing, when I spawn an npc using /m it disappears after server reboot, is there a way to keep it where I spawned it after reboot?

Edited by Fyco

• Contributor
39 minutes ago, Fyco said:

Thank you got it, also, is there a way to edit a metin stone drop timer? So for example when someone breaks a certain metin stone, another one spawns like 3 sec later instead of whatever time it takes. And another thing, when I spawn an npc using /m it disappears after server reboot, is there a way to keep it where I spawned it after reboot?

In the map folder locale/english/map/xy_map there is an npc.txt, set your fixed npc there. The stones respawn time is in the stone.txt also in the map folder.

• Good 2

1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

In the map folder locale/english/map/xy_map there is an npc.txt, set your fixed npc there. The stones respawn time is in the stone.txt also in the map folder.

Thank you, everything worked. I got one more issue, is there an update for the teleportation ring? The newer one where you can tp to anywhere in the map regardless of what kingdom you are (Tps to Jinno, Chunjo, Shinsoo and all the other leveling maps etc..)
Do you perhaps have an updated version for it? Or can I find the code somewhere? If so, what file do I have to modify?

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Fyco said:

Thank you, everything worked. I got one more issue, is there an update for the teleportation ring? The newer one where you can tp to anywhere in the map regardless of what kingdom you are (Tps to Jinno, Chunjo, Shinsoo and all the other leveling maps etc..)
Do you perhaps have an updated version for it? Or can I find the code somewhere? If so, what file do I have to modify?

No but what you are asking is a basic quest writing so I suggest you to learn how to write quests (it is lua), and learn more about configuring a server.

8 hours ago, TMP4 said:

No but what you are asking is a basic quest writing so I suggest you to learn how to write quests (it is lua), and learn more about configuring a server.

sick will do thanks, but which file do I have to modify ? What is the teleport ring file called and where? I found the map_warp.quest but im guessing this is for the teleporter npc not the ring itself

Edited by Fyco

• Contributor
8 hours ago, Fyco said:

sick will do thanks, but which file do I have to modify ? What is the teleport ring file called and where? I found the map_warp.quest but im guessing this is for the teleporter npc not the ring itself

Use notepad++ search in a folder or in the opened documents function. Search for the id or search for the translate.lua line.

Spoiler

ring_warp.quest

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.