TMP4

• Contributor
6 minutes ago, LethalArms said:

still the same, even after changing that

c5d944d392145d6a67914d61c1789b76.png

ab0c0271f7daee3123bfa2c268be484a.gif

1c44190b2219c9dc78a457415f57e69a.gif

Really dont know what its wrong

Try an english locale_string.txt to test.
If that doesn't work too, the problem is not with the locale_string, but you made an error somwhere else, since english have the basic characters without accents.

As I showed you it works by default, I cannot really point directly where your error is. 

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Active+ Member
26 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

If that doesn't work too, the problem is not with the locale_string, but you made an error somwhere else, since english have the basic characters without accents.

As I showed you it works by default, I cannot really point directly where your error is. 

still the same, gonna try put everything in english again, and see, client also

• Active+ Member
1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

Can quests influence on this? I've been trying to add an npc and I edited some files, that I'm not sure would influence or not, also I don't remember if before I did that worked, but before I didn't have the locale folder named correctly 

• Contributor
54 minutes ago, LethalArms said:

Can quests influence on this? I've been trying to add an npc and I edited some files, that I'm not sure would influence or not, also I don't remember if before I did that worked, but before I didn't have the locale folder named correctly 

Not really, these locale messages comes from the game source actually, and it finds the corresponding localized string in locale_string.txt what will display for the player.

• Active+ Member
Just now, TMP4 said:

Not really, these locale messages comes from the game source actually, and it finds the corresponding localized string in locale_string.txt what will display for the player.

I'm gonna reinstall the server and the client to see if i can apply the translation normally, then with that i start putting stuff, like inventory,6º skill, weapons,etc

• Good 1

• Active+ Member
7 minutes ago, metin222 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Good morning, you may be able to add the files already included with the updates.

it would be good if you just touch download and install.

Some people don't like 6º skill and those extra inventories, the firewall maybe, but the rest i dont see why include with the files

• Metin2 Dev 1

4 minutes ago, avatarjorn said:

Is it possible to smoothen mounting/dismounting and make it so the mount stays equipped instead of dropping back to the inventory after dismounting? Where is regular mount war/military handled in the source? Thanks

You just described the Pet system.

• Contributor
1 hour ago, covfefe said:

I've discovered a bug, skill book descriptions aren't showing. Just the skill book name.

It's not a bug, it just not coded in the uitooltip.py. Never was in official.

Look for:

self.__SetSkillBookToolTip(metinSlot[0], localeInfo.TOOLTIP_SKILLBOOK_NAME, 1)

Add under:

self.AppendDescription(item.GetItemDescription(), 26)
				self.AppendDescription(item.GetItemSummary(), 26, self.CONDITION_COLOR)

Not tested.

• Good 1

• Active+ Member

I'm trying to add a quest but im not being able to do it, i add the quest file a basic one, like this:

quest shop2 begin
    state start begin
        when 9010.click begin
            npc.open_shop(12)
        setskin(NOWINDOW)
        end
    end
end

Add the needed things on the db

4c3c8998d519caca2415118348dda7db.png on shop table

2131a7647065fdd80387cf389101d23c.png on shop_item table

i do questcompile, dbclean, dbcompile, start the server, spawn the npc (/mob 9010) try to click it to open and nothing happens.

BTW, the translation problem, i did a fresh server install and was completly solved, now im having this quest problem xD

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Contributor
35 minutes ago, LethalArms said:

I'm trying to add a quest but im not being able to do it, i add the quest file a basic one, like this:

quest shop2 begin
    state start begin
        when 9010.click begin
            npc.open_shop(12)
        setskin(NOWINDOW)
        end
    end
end

Add the needed things on the db

4c3c8998d519caca2415118348dda7db.png on shop table

2131a7647065fdd80387cf389101d23c.png on shop_item table

i do questcompile, dbclean, dbcompile, start the server, spawn the npc (/mob 9010) try to click it to open and nothing happens.

BTW, the translation problem, i did a fresh server install and was completly solved, now im having this quest problem xD

You have to add your new quest to the locale_list file and then questcompile (make.py).

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Good 1

• Active+ Member

I started implementing the stuff i had (armors,weapons,itens,etc) and the translation got fucked up, can the item_proto or item_names fuck the translation? or wtf happened for the translation to be fucked again?

• Contributor
4 hours ago, LethalArms said:

I started implementing the stuff i had (armors,weapons,itens,etc) and the translation got fucked up, can the item_proto or item_names fuck the translation? or wtf happened for the translation to be fucked again?

Your best choice is to check the translation each time you do something and you'll know when it gets bad. Nobody can help you otherwise.

3 hours ago, covfefe said:

Is the full Pet system included?

40k have the original pet system. (Not the growth one.)

• Good 1

@ TMP4 I'm impressed how you keep answering to all these stupid questions and self made errors what you have nothing to do with.
People would try to do the same with paid serverfiles they would get no answer or a straight block 😆 Like Marty's answer rate is like weeks and months and I'm sure he doesn't even answer stupid questions and errors what he had nothing to do with.

My only regret is that you could also spend this time making an advanced versions of your files what I was talking about few days earlier.

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Lmao 1

• Management

I can't say it enough, a big thank you to you for everything you have done and what you will do in the future!

Thanks Thank You GIF

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 5

• Contributor
33 minutes ago, Arvydas said:

All I want for Christmas is korean language 😃

Hi, yeah I would love too, since that is the original language of the game. But the korean server closed in 2012, and while we have the client and even the serverside locale folder leaked, it have so much difference with Gameforge servers and a few missing content, so I cannot do it as complete and swappable like the other locales so it won't happen probably. 

The real missing language is arabic by the way what gameforge had, but I don't have all of the language files for it.

• Good 2

Hello,

i compiling this source under FreeBSD 13 32bit, installed all things.

Db core i can compile success, but the game core i got errors

compile pvp.cpp
compile questevent.cpp
compile questlua.cpp
compile questlua_affect.cpp
In file included from char_manager.cpp:20:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind.hpp:22:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind/bind.hpp:26compile ques                                                                           tlua_arena.cpp
:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/mem_fn.hpp:22:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind/mem_fn.hpp:25:
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:23: compile questlua_ba.cpp
error: redefinition of 'get_pointer' as different kind of symbol
template<class T> T * get_pointer(std::auto_ptr<T> const& p)compile questlua_building.cpp

^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:18:23: note: previous definition is here
template<class T> T * get_pointer(T * p)compile questlua_danceevent.cpp

^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:40: error: no member named 'auto_ptr' in namespace 'std'
template<class T> T * get_pointer(std::auto_ptr<T> const& p)
                                  ~~~~~^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:49: error: 'T' does not refer to a value
                                                ^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:16:compile questlua_dungeon.cpp
 compile questlua_forked.cpp
compile questlua_game.cpp
compile questlua_global.cpp
note: declared here
               ^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25compile questlua_guild.cpp
:52compile questlua_horse.cpp
: error: expected expression
compile questlua_pet.cpp
                                                   ^
compile questlua_item.cpp
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:61compile questlua_marriage.cpp
:compile questlua_mgmt.cpp
 error: expected ';' at end of declarationcompile questlua_monarch.cpp

^
                                                            ;
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:26:1: error: expected unqualified-idcompile questlua_npc.cpp

{compile questlua_oxevent.cpp

Compiling with clang, some help please?

• Contributor
22 minutes ago, FleShii said:

Hello,

i compiling this source under FreeBSD 13 32bit, installed all things.

Db core i can compile success, but the game core i got errors

compile pvp.cpp
compile questevent.cpp
compile questlua.cpp
compile questlua_affect.cpp
In file included from char_manager.cpp:20:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind.hpp:22:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind/bind.hpp:26compile ques                                                                           tlua_arena.cpp
:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/mem_fn.hpp:22:
In file included from ../../../Extern/include/boost/bind/mem_fn.hpp:25:
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:23: compile questlua_ba.cpp
error: redefinition of 'get_pointer' as different kind of symbol
template<class T> T * get_pointer(std::auto_ptr<T> const& p)compile questlua_building.cpp

^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:18:23: note: previous definition is here
template<class T> T * get_pointer(T * p)compile questlua_danceevent.cpp

^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:40: error: no member named 'auto_ptr' in namespace 'std'
                                  ~~~~~^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:49: error: 'T' does not refer to a value
                                                ^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:16:compile questlua_dungeon.cpp
 compile questlua_forked.cpp
compile questlua_game.cpp
compile questlua_global.cpp
note: declared here
               ^
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25compile questlua_guild.cpp
:52compile questlua_horse.cpp
: error: expected expression
compile questlua_pet.cpp
                                                   ^
compile questlua_item.cpp
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:25:61compile questlua_marriage.cpp
:compile questlua_mgmt.cpp
 error: expected ';' at end of declarationcompile questlua_monarch.cpp

^
                                                            ;
../../../Extern/include/boost/get_pointer.hpp:26:1: error: expected unqualified-idcompile questlua_npc.cpp

{compile questlua_oxevent.cpp

Compiling with clang, some help please?

There is no Extern/include in my release 🤔 Did you just download a random one and try?

Anyway either install boost-all from pkg, or download 1.72.0 and that should work. (Pkg installs 1.72.0 too)

Edited by TMP4

42 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

There is no Extern/include in my release 🤔 Did you just download a random one and try?

Anyway either install boost-all from pkg, or download 1.72.0 and that should work. (Pkg installs 1.72.0 too)

Just include boost next to your source as you did with cryptopp so people will not do stupid things like the guy did above 😂

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.