Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Download Center

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Hi devs, I wanted to add this feature to my mainlines, being that this system is now considered standard in all servers.
I downloaded the public version that emulated how the Pet System worked, but I decided to make my own
(and am sharing it so you can test it for me as well)

In game pic:

spacer.png

Pros:
Fewer lines of code (50 or so, versus 1200+ in the public system)
By not using apply_type and value to assign the monster to ride, we will not lose a usable bonus
Being horse-based, trivially it is code that has been tested for years.
If you are on the mount and warp, you will still be on the mount at login (being that we use EnterHorse)
You can take advantage of the horse name system with a few modifications
You only get mount bonuses if you are riding it and not while it is summoned 

Cons:
I couldn't find any

Thanks to @ HFWhite for testing.

You should at least have the mount costume system.

Edited by Mitachi
Update mega link
  • Metin2 Dev 377
  • Eyes 5
  • Flame 2
  • Angry 1
  • Think 1
  • Good 85
  • muscle 5
  • Love 22
  • Love 259

Villains are not born, they are made.
Join

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Psycho said:

if you read carefully it is in the pvp.cpp file

something's not right... https://metin2.download/video/6oJ3H4kV1CxE491DeFc0e880h1o0gQvo/.mp4

Edit: @ Mitachi helped me solve it and as of right now I think he's already updating the repo xd. Thanks man! for now, everything works perfectly.. I will test further anyway and If I find something I will reply here.

Gif:  https://metin2.download/video/bWjqWo5Jus1rBb84T5U7PYyWTK11jh7P/.mp4

 

also! dont forget to uninstall the quest

Edited by HFWhite
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163015
Share on other sites

First of all, I want to express my gratitude for the assistance provided by @Mitachi It was simple, effective, and professional.

Please be aware that if you have the system mentioned, you will need to uninstall it completely. 

 

100% functional

 

Edited by ManecasPT
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163135
Share on other sites

Thank you for this release but I don't understand one thing

With ctr+b it sends the mount away but the seal remains in the costumes, to recall the mount I have to remove the seal and put it back on or use the horse's book. Is that right?

Is it just my problem?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163206
Share on other sites

  • Developer
7 hours ago, Nuzzo said:

Thank you for this release but I don't understand one thing

With ctr+b it sends the mount away but the seal remains in the costumes, to recall the mount I have to remove the seal and put it back on or use the horse's book. Is that right?

Is it just my problem?

Actually it is intended to be so, you get on and off the mount often during farming, equipping the item at the beginning avoids having to equip it every time (and even in the case of waiting seconds)
To recall the mount you just have to do CTRL + G ?

If you want CTRL + B to remove the seal anyway, that's enough:

This is the hidden content, please

 

Or if you want CTRL + B don't remove your mount:

This is the hidden content, please

 

For those who want bonuses to be awarded even if you are not riding, but simply have the mount summoned:

This is the hidden content, please

 

If you use the mount costume system present in the Owsap files you may run into some problems.

Edited by Mitachi
  • Metin2 Dev 98
  • Flame 1
  • Good 14
  • Love 4
  • Love 67

Villains are not born, they are made.
Join

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163212
Share on other sites

  • Active Member

Hi!

when using your system, my mount spawns dead lol
Do you know why?

My syserr also says:
 

Spoiler
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:27:20 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21107 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:13 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21109 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:19 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21111 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:44 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:45 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21113 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:30:53 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:31:11 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21115 not found

 

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163303
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the system, really love it.

Here are some improvements i made to avoid problems using do_purge, do_full, and item_expire_events

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Thrall
  • Metin2 Dev 96
  • Eyes 1
  • Flame 1
  • Think 1
  • Good 11
  • muscle 1
  • Love 1
  • Love 45
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-163711
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Active+ Member
On 2/5/2024 at 10:31 PM, HFWhite said:

something's not right... https://metin2.download/video/6oJ3H4kV1CxE491DeFc0e880h1o0gQvo/.mp4

Edit: @ Mitachi helped me solve it and as of right now I think he's already updating the repo xd. Thanks man! for now, everything works perfectly.. I will test further anyway and If I find something I will reply here.

Gif:  https://metin2.download/video/bWjqWo5Jus1rBb84T5U7PYyWTK11jh7P/.mp4

 

also! dont forget to uninstall the quest

I'm having the same problem right now. What is the solution to this?
I removed the quests.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-164257
Share on other sites

  • Premium

Tested @ Mitachi thanks for a little checking. For Martysama customers 5.7 & 5.8 must be removed from protos APPLY_MOUNT, then works aswell. If you want use mount as little pet, you can need remove APPLY_MOUNT if you didnt want this method, just stay with APPLY_MOUNT in .txt

  • Love 1


 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-164275
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, @ Mitachi. Thank you for your work!

I noticed your system requires WEAR_COSTUME_MOUNT. Did that come from this Costume Mount System by EnZi?

Should we implement it first and then your system?


I'm personally starting with TMP4's base files.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-164841
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Developer

Hi guys, I am sorry if I have been a little inactive, I have been very busy.
Here the second patch for you (and I would say last, you can develop your preferences, I care to offer the fixed system)

Patch 1
The first patch is not a bugfix, it is that many users complained that during the item seal switch-
for 0.5 sec, you could see 2 mounts

Being that in this case, we don't give a damn about the horse used but it is only appearance, I used SetPolymorph to make it smooth.

Preview:

Spoiler

Before:
spacer.png

After:
spacer.png

Solution:

This is the hidden content, please

Patch 2
If you are riding, and you perform a warp, you will not receive the mount bonuses at login, you will have to get off and on the mount
Solved in this way:

This is the hidden content, please

Patch 3
In case of seal with time limit, unmount, call back the horse when the item expire

This is the hidden content, please

 

Being that the whole system takes about 4 minutes to install, if you are not that experienced and do not want to risk/waste time
I highly recommend that you remove it completely and perform a clean installation.

The tutorial could contains other little stuff that I have not reported here e.g. Code moving/thinning

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 83
  • Good 13
  • Love 1
  • Love 42

Villains are not born, they are made.
Join

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-166211
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 7:33 AM, Clyde said:

Hi!

when using your system, my mount spawns dead lol
Do you know why?

My syserr also says:
 

  Hide contents
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:27:20 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21107 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:13 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21109 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:19 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21111 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:44 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:45 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21113 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:30:53 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:31:11 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21115 not found

 

 

@ Clyde did you solve this issue? I'm having the same problem!

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-166479
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/24/2024 at 8:18 PM, Razer74 said:

i m having the same issue, did anyone manage to solve it somehow? i asked many people privately but none wanted to help or answered

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/32147-mount-like-horse/#findComment-168820
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.