Mount like Horse

• Developer

Download Center

This is the hidden content, please

Hi devs, I wanted to add this feature to my mainlines, being that this system is now considered standard in all servers.
I downloaded the public version that emulated how the Pet System worked, but I decided to make my own
(and am sharing it so you can test it for me as well)

In game pic:

spacer.png

Pros:
Fewer lines of code (50 or so, versus 1200+ in the public system)
By not using apply_type and value to assign the monster to ride, we will not lose a usable bonus
Being horse-based, trivially it is code that has been tested for years.
If you are on the mount and warp, you will still be on the mount at login (being that we use EnterHorse)
You can take advantage of the horse name system with a few modifications
You only get mount bonuses if you are riding it and not while it is summoned 

Cons:
I couldn't find any

Thanks to @ HFWhite for testing.

You should at least have the mount costume system.

Edited by Mitachi
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 122
  • kekw 1
  • Eyes 1
  • Think 1
  • Good 18
  • muscle 1
  • Love 9
  • Love 57

503953077003354113.png

• Active+ Member
1 hour ago, Psycho said:

if you read carefully it is in the pvp.cpp file

something's not right... https://metin2.download/video/6oJ3H4kV1CxE491DeFc0e880h1o0gQvo/.mp4

Edit: @ Mitachi helped me solve it and as of right now I think he's already updating the repo xd. Thanks man! for now, everything works perfectly.. I will test further anyway and If I find something I will reply here.

Gif:  https://metin2.download/video/bWjqWo5Jus1rBb84T5U7PYyWTK11jh7P/.mp4

also! dont forget to uninstall the quest

Edited by HFWhite
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

• Developer
7 hours ago, Nuzzo said:

Thank you for this release but I don't understand one thing

With ctr+b it sends the mount away but the seal remains in the costumes, to recall the mount I have to remove the seal and put it back on or use the horse's book. Is that right?

Is it just my problem?

Actually it is intended to be so, you get on and off the mount often during farming, equipping the item at the beginning avoids having to equip it every time (and even in the case of waiting seconds)
To recall the mount you just have to do CTRL + G 🤔

If you want CTRL + B to remove the seal anyway, that's enough:

Or if you want CTRL + B don't remove your mount:

For those who want bonuses to be awarded even if you are not riding, but simply have the mount summoned:

If you use the mount costume system present in the Owsap files you may run into some problems.

Edited by Mitachi
  • Metin2 Dev 39
  • Good 5
  • Love 1
  • Love 21

503953077003354113.png

Hi!

when using your system, my mount spawns dead lol
Do you know why?

My syserr also says:

Spoiler
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:27:20 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21107 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:13 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21109 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:17 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:28:19 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21111 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:44 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:29:45 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21113 not found
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:30:53 :: Unsummon: [CMountSystem::Unsummon(20114)] Null Pointer (actor)
SYSERR: Feb 21 15:31:11 :: DestroyCharacter: [CHARACTER_MANAGER::DestroyCharacter] <Factor> 21115 not found

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Active+ Member
On 2/5/2024 at 10:31 PM, HFWhite said:

something's not right... https://metin2.download/video/6oJ3H4kV1CxE491DeFc0e880h1o0gQvo/.mp4

Edit: @ Mitachi helped me solve it and as of right now I think he's already updating the repo xd. Thanks man! for now, everything works perfectly.. I will test further anyway and If I find something I will reply here.

Gif:  https://metin2.download/video/bWjqWo5Jus1rBb84T5U7PYyWTK11jh7P/.mp4

also! dont forget to uninstall the quest

I'm having the same problem right now. What is the solution to this?
I removed the quests.

• 4 weeks later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.