[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

21 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Nothing, just use your public (or call it "external") ip in your serverinfo.py.

I get infinite connection refused on the console, and this is what I've in the syserr (I've censored my IP), that 3 ports if I'm correct should be the P2P, and it wasn't suggest to open them, anyway I opened them after I got the errors, but it still doesn't works, could it be the networked choosen on the VM that cause this problem (I've selected the bridge one, if I try the NAT it doesn't works at all.

Spoiler

SYSERR: Aug 22 14:16:14 :: socket_connect: HOST IP:14001, could not connect.
SYSERR: Aug 22 14:16:14 :: socket_connect: HOST IP:14000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Aug 22 14:16:14 :: socket_connect: HOST IP:14099, could not connect.

I tried to use hamachi out of desperation, but after few seconds the server start to get a connection timed out (different from the previous attempt), I used portmap to open the ports, but unfortunately I get the same results when I try to log in, after the character select I get kicked out..

Do you know where I can find a complete guide for 40k files to set them up on my public IP or on hamachi, I tried to use DMZ too for my IP but it didn't worked..

EDIT2: So I tried to use the alternate method in that guide you linked, got the same exact error, but this time the IP was a 0:

Spoiler

SYSERR: Aug 22 21:09:04 :: socket_connect: HOST 0:14000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Aug 22 21:09:04 :: socket_connect: HOST 0:14099, could not connect.

Meanwhile I checked the previous log when I used hamachi and this appeared (censored the IP):

Spoiler

SYSERR: Aug 22 17:58:44 :: socket_connect: HOST HAMACHI-IP:14099, could not connect.
SYSERR: Aug 22 17:58:44 :: heart_idle: losing 75 seconds. (lag occured)

it seems that the recurring thing is that port, the rest of the syserr are identical on both version (localhost, publicIP and Hamachi) but both hamachi and public IP kick me after char select and infinite spam the console with timed out and connection refused, and the syserr have only that string repeated with that port, that I've opened like the other, I tried just for testing, to close every port, and it seems that i get all the same errors but with all the different ports that were open, so my port forwarding works on my router, but there's something strange with that specific ports 140xx..

Last EDIT:
Finally fixed it, to make it work I had to edit /etc/rc.conf assign a local static IP and disable the DHCP, open the router ports (P2P too) on for that static IP (that I assigned based on the MAC of the VM) use the first method in this guide 

(The second method didn't worked at all), everything seems to work, thanks for everything.

Edited by Senect
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

Hi! I found a visual error in the Spanish language, I attach an image 😁.
https://metin2.download/picture/J7T42Ehx3Z9l661Myc90JZ4RRp8ztp4j/.png

6 minutes ago, Near said:

Solved, In locale_es\locale\es\ui\guild the files were wrong.

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 10
  • Angry 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 1
  • Confused 1
  • Scream 1
  • Good 13
  • Love 1
  • Love 9

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Near said:

Solved, In locale_es\locale\es\ui\guild the files were wrong.

This is the hidden content, please

Thanks, interesting because I exctracted the locales from the official client from Gameforge's webserver.
Quickly tested some locales (hu-en-de) but looks like only spanish got this error. Will update the client soon, thank you again.

Edit: Done

2021.08.23: - Made LibServerkey compatible with OpenSSL v1.0+, so you can compile it in FreeBSD12+.
              The changed file is /usr/metin2/src/libserverkey/RSACrypto.cpp.
            - Locale/es/ui/guild files fixed, only spanish locale was wrong.

The libserverkey change is: https://metin2.dev/board/topic/22635-libserverkey-compatible-with-openssl-v10/ (Thanks arves for the tutorial 🙂 )
It was needed because some people cleaned the whole project but libserverkey was not in compilable form because of it's deprecated nature.

VDI is still uploading, give me 30mins, I have 15mb/s upload speed but mega only allows 1mb/s upload now so it takes some time.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Metin2 Dev 6
  • Think 1
  • Good 3
  • Love 1
  • Love 8

Any suggestions on this?
I've tried reinstalling VS2019, doesn't made any changes.

qEjY5ze.png

// FIXED
If you get this error just download the latest cryptopp library and build the cryptopp solution both in Debug and Release mode.Then put the rebuilded library to the extern.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1

• Contributor
9 hours ago, 4peppe said:

hi I found this bug, in the redthief2_boss2 folder you need to rename specil_attack to special_attack

Yeah there should be several little bugs like this in a basic metin2 client. But I'll include this change in next release, thanks 🙂

Edit: As I see special attack is not used for that mob so that's why this typo didn't bother anyone in the years.

Edited by TMP4

• Contributor
58 minutes ago, 4peppe said:

SYSERR: Aug 27 14:39:02 :: QueryLocaleSet: m_stLocale == 0 hi, i have this bug on db syerr...i have tried this 

with latin1 but don't work. Can you help me?

That's not a real bug just Ymir (original developer of metin2) back in the time wanted to implement some auto locale set for mysql but did not really finished it and AsyncSql never gets a value there, but until your database have correct collation you're good. 

If that syserr abuses you then change it to sys_log

if (0 == m_stLocale.length())
    {
        // sys_err("m_stLocale == 0"); //change
        sys_log(0, "m_stLocale == 0"); //to this...
        return true;
    }

Your db starting fine isn't it? I did test it with every collation so I hope so.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, TMP4 said:

That's not a real bug just Ymir (original developer of metin2) back in the time wanted to implement some auto locale set for mysql but did not really finished it and AsyncSql never gets a value there, but until your database have correct collation you're good. 

If that syserr abuses you then change it to sys_log

if (0 == m_stLocale.length())
    {
        // sys_err("m_stLocale == 0"); //change
        sys_log(0, "m_stLocale == 0"); //to this...
        return true;
    }

Your db starting fine isn't it? I did test it with every collation so I hope so.

yes, the server works perfectly! It just bothers me to have the syerr ...

• Contributor
3 minutes ago, kupa300 said:

I can not download

You have 2 option, mega.nz and metin2.download center. That should be fine enough.
And answering to your dm: No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please everybody, do not dm me here and discord if you need help with your private metin2 server even if you choose my reference serverfile.
If you need help you can find here: https://metin2.dev/board/forum/35-questions-answers/
If you need a service (a developer for your metin2 server) try here: https://metin2.dev/board/forum/46-searching/

Don't get me wrong, anybody can keep reporting bugs even in dm (but better here), I'm talking about the situation where people thinks that because they downloaded my free release, I should be their free developer to do stuffs 😂 No I will not, I'll leave all these DMs unanswered from now, sorry.

• Good 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

You have 2 option, mega.nz and metin2.download center. That should be fine enough.
And answering to your dm: No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please everybody, do not dm me here and discord if you need help with your private metin2 server even if you choose my reference serverfile.
If you need help you can find here: https://metin2.dev/board/forum/35-questions-answers/
If you need a service (a developer for your metin2 server) try here: https://metin2.dev/board/forum/46-searching/

Don't get me wrong, anybody can keep reporting bugs even in dm (but better here), I'm talking about the situation where people thinks that because they downloaded my free release, I should be their free developer to do stuffs 😂 No I will not, I'll leave all these DMs unanswered from now, sorry.

Thats not how it works..
If you publish something even for free you are responsible for it therefore it is your responisibility to help your clients.
Just don't publish something for free if you don't take the responisibility over your clients.

Like Martysama.. he asks money but he helps his clients..

• Not Good 4
  • Lmao 5

• Management
7 minutes ago, Brayle said:

Thats not how it works..
If you publish something even for free you are responsible for it therefore it is your responisibility to help your clients.
Just don't publish something for free if you don't take the responisibility over your clients.

He sells nothing, you are not his customer 😉 
These are basic serverfiles.

Community members will be happy to help if you have any difficulties 🙂 

• Love 1

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, Brayle said:

Yes that's why I said clients. Leaving clients without assistance is bad and I can't change my mind about it.

So first of all I'm not leaving my "clients" without assistance, I just don't have time to help my "clients" installing or developing new systems or so for free. That's not my responsibility. BUT! I already released 6 updates and I pretty much resolved every bugs what my "clients" reported me. That's still not my responsibility but I did them because I wanted to keep this thread maintaned.

• Good 1
  • Love 1
  • Love 9

• Contributor

1 hour ago, Brayle said:

Sorry but you don't set a good example 

1 hour ago, Brayle said:

Yes that's why I said clients. Leaving clients without assistance is bad and I can't change my mind about it.

He owes nothing to no one. He gives his time for a free service, if you're not happy it's the same 

• Good 1
  • Love 2

• Contributor
31 minutes ago, Veltor88 said:

Sorry but you don't set a good example 

He owes nothing to no one. He gives his time for a free service, if you're not happy it's the same 

Thanks 🙂

I would rather call this a free release instead a free service, because that's why some people wants me to do stuffs for their server if they choose my serverfile to start with 😅

12 minutes ago, ScroBo said:

hey guys one question for that server files

if i would like to make it on dedicated maschine all i need is to install: mysql python gmake makedepend gdb llvm devel? or some programs also i need?

I believe they're all, maybe you need devil (from graphics). But when you start db-game you'll see at console what lib you are missing and you can find with google what package contains it.

(To compile the source you need more like cryptopp)

But keep in mind I'm not provide x64 port for source, you can run the compiled game-db in x64 machine but you must compile it in x32 system like the vm I provided.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

• Premium
2 hours ago, Brayle said:

Thats not how it works..

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

Edited by Metin2 Dev

c++latest, latest libs...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.