[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

TMP4

• Contributor
23 minutes ago, GoldCash said:

When i try build client i got this error 🤔 Building Client What is wrong? I didn't change anything, I tried to build a client

ClientVS19 does not have discord rich presence, so I'm not sure what are you doing there.

You may work with Metin2-Client-Build-With-VS2022-master.zip because that have it, but that is totally untouched as I mentioned in the Readme.txt, I just left the archive there if anyone needs it and provide credit to Mali. In case you work with it, you may want to redownload it because Mali just updated it yesterday:

It's planned that I upgrade the ClientVS19 to 22 sometimes in the future. If you not wait for it, you have to do the changes on your own by checking the whole Changelog.txt, but in the client there wasen't that many change.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

51 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

ClientVS19 does not have discord rich presence, so I'm not sure what are you doing there.

You may work with Metin2-Client-Build-With-VS2022-master.zip because that have it, but that is totally untouched as I mentioned in the Readme.txt, I just left the archive there if anyone needs it and provide credit to Mali. In case you work with it, you may want to redownload it because Mali just updated it yesterday:

It's planned that I upgrade the ClientVS19 to 22 sometimes in the future. If you not wait for it, you have to do the changes on your own by checking the whole Changelog.txt, but in the client there wasen't that many change.

Yes When i redownload Mali's VS Now its work, i dont know why, but work 😃

• Contributor
2 minutes ago, GoldCash said:

Yes When i redownload Mali's VS Now its work, i dont know why, but work 😃

Probably because the old one was made for the Preview (beta) visual studio 22, not for the Release visual studio 22.
Anyway you have to apply the changes I made in the vs19 to the vs22.

But I may update the ClientVS19 to 22 sooner since as I said there wasen't that many change in the client😀

• Contributor
On 11/14/2021 at 12:56 PM, TMP4 said:

But I may update the ClientVS19 to 22 sooner since as I said there wasen't that many change in the client😀

New update 🤣:

2021.11.14: - Added ClientVS22.zip so you can use Visual Studio 2022 from now (optional). Every changes I made
              in ClientVS19 have been done in ClientVS22. Special thanks for Mali for providing the base source!
            - Fixed dump_proto, there was some missing empty subtype and while it wasen't a problem with
              Visual Studio 2019, it crashed with Visual Studio 2022. (ItemCSVReader.cpp)

ClientVS22 is optional, you can still use ClientVS19 and I will most likely maintain and keep it in the Mega drive. So you can choose what would you like to use. If you find any bug with VS22 please report it to me. It's new for me too and I couldn't test it for hours and days.

Special thanks to @ Mali for his updated & clean sources. If he never released his sources probably I would never released this whole serverfile.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Lmao 2
  • Good 2
  • Love 2

• Management

Crashing Down Crash Landing GIF by Assassin's Creed

@ TMP4 Soon... 🥳

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Lmao 1

Because these files force me to:

- use the freebsd 32 bit machine

- games do not compile and not only because they use old files that are no longer in cryptopp

- freebsd 12 will be END OF LIFE in 2 months

I consider this project without a future and these files are just files and that's it, not a functional server.

I won't get involved here at least until I see that it's a major update

16 minutes ago, CjMt2 said:

Because these files force me to:

- use the freebsd 32 bit machine

- games do not compile and not only because they use old files that are no longer in cryptopp

- freebsd 12 will be END OF LIFE in 2 months

I consider this project without a future and these files are just files and that's it, not a functional server.

What?

• Contributor
1 hour ago, 4peppe said:

What?

Basicly he objects to 2 things:

• The source does not have x64 port
  • The VM is FreeBSD12.0, not 12.2 / 13.0

My answers:

• Porting the source to the x64 platform was never a goal for this project. Please have a look here if you want a project with an x64 port.
  • It can run fine on x64 system, you just need to compile it in a x32 system. Sum it up, you can run it even in a FreeBSD13 x64 VPS, you just can't compile there.
  • VM should be used for localhost testing, not live environement. (What if I wouldn't even include a VM?)

Updating the VM is in my todo list btw. But do not except x64 port.

---------------------------

1 hour ago, CjMt2 said:

It's like going to a free shop and saying you won't buy anything in the future again for free from here until you see improvent of the free shop service.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

Basicly he objects to 2 things:

• The source does not have x64 port
  • The VM is FreeBSD12.0, not 12.2 / 13.0

My answers:

• Porting the source to the x64 platform was never a goal for this project. Please have a look here if you want a project with an x64 port.
  • It can run fine on x64 system, you just need to compile it in a x32 system. Sum it up, you can run it even in a FreeBSD13 x64 VPS, you just can't compile there.
  • VM should be used for localhost testing, not live environement. (What if I wouldn't even include a VM?)

Updating the VM is in my todo list btw. But do not except x64 port.

---------------------------

It's like going to a free shop and saying you won't buy anything in the future again for free from here until you see improvent of the free shop service.

1. this project NOT RUN on updated x86 machine

2. this project NOT COMPILE on updated x86 machine

3. If your goal is to run forever in x86 machine must be a joke in 2021, please see news from last 10 years from, intel, amd.

I also tested in the virtual machine and on the real physical server before deciding to say about this files, both on the image downloaded here and on 12.2 i386, 12.2 amd64, 13 i386, 13 amd64.

The only way to compile files is to use 12.0 i386 from this vdi WITHOUT ANY UPDATE. Why is must to make a game or db with all these vulnerabilities and then put it on a live server?

• Not Good 4
  • Think 1
  • Confused 1

• Contributor
3 minutes ago, CjMt2 said:

3. If your goal is to run forever in x86 machine must be a joke in 2021, please see news from last 10 years from, intel, amd.

I also tested in the virtual machine and on the real physical server before deciding to say about this files, both on the image downloaded here and on 12.2 i386, 12.2 amd64, 13 i386, 13 amd64.

The only way to compile files is to use 12.0 i386 from this vdi WITHOUT ANY UPDATE. Why is must to make a game or db with all these vulnerabilities and then put it on a live server?

I'm not gonna repeat myself. There is something you are right about, there is something you are not. Thank you for the feedback.

• Contributor
7 minutes ago, narcisxb said:

How do I read a crash core? I get some files in var/crash (core.txt.0 and vmcore.0) but nothing in ch1/ch2/etc. and my server keeps rebooting after start command. (sorry for newbie questions)

But did you edit the game-db? It really shouldn't crash with default things.

7 minutes ago, CjMt2 said:

See syslog, syserr form any channel. /var/crash it is with problems from bsd not from metin server

I literally don t have any syserr or syslog in any of them. I can t even start the server, as soon as I type start and select channel number it dumps stuff in var/crash and reboots freebsd. Any ideea what I m doing wroing? It worked great until last night and this morning I got this crash. 😕

6 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

But did you edit the game-db? It really shouldn't crash with default things.

I added a bunch of stuff (mainly malis and p3nger) but I always did a lot of testing and made sure everything worked. Last night I had 0 errors but this morning I just started getting this crash. 

I get this: 

savecore 560 - - reboot after panic: ffs_write: type 0x19307360 0 (0,57)
savecore 560 - - writting core to /var/crash/vmcore.0
Writing crash summary to /var/crash/core.txt.0
Edited by narcisxb

• Contributor
16 minutes ago, narcisxb said:

I literally don t have any syserr or syslog in any of them. I can t even start the server, as soon as I type start and select channel number it dumps stuff in var/crash and reboots freebsd. Any ideea what I m doing wroing? It worked great until last night and this morning I got this crash. 😕

I added a bunch of stuff (mainly malis and p3nger) but I always did a lot of testing and made sure everything worked. Last night I had 0 errors but this morning I just started getting this crash. 

I get this: 

savecore 560 - - reboot after panic: ffs_write: type 0x19307360 0 (0,57)
savecore 560 - - writting core to /var/crash/vmcore.0
Writing crash summary to /var/crash/core.txt.0

Then it is a FreeBSD error most likely. To make things easy I would make a backup via backup.sh then redownload the vdi and restoring your backup.

1 hour ago, SmyleMDFK said:

Perché non crei solo files.patch , per server? perché se ho modifiche su questo, ho bisogno di scaricare tutti i file e prendere tutto a portata di mano..

I simply download the changelog first and then I am going to edit / replace the files

3 hours ago, CjMt2 said:

if you put the libs, the server will START on an updated freebsd system, tested by me in first person (you also have the pkg list);  maybe it is true that it does not compile on an updated freebsd, in fact you have the VM included!  What would be the sense of compiling externally ?;  The third point is simply a poor repetition of the first

3 hours ago, TMP4 said:

Then it is a FreeBSD error most likely. To make things easy I would make a backup via backup.sh then redownload the vdi and restoring your backup.

Welp it turns out your backup command creates a src folder but does not backup the actual source files. As I just deleted a months worth of work on the source now I m just going to go fkin kill (shot or hang - not decided as of yet -) myself in the livingroom.

Edited by narcisxb

• Contributor
6 hours ago, narcisxb said:

Welp it turns out your backup command creates a src folder but does not backup the actual source files. As I just deleted a months worth of work on the source now I m just going to go fkin kill (shot or hang - not decided as of yet -) myself in the livingroom.

It is a lie, sorry.

Backup.sh do nothing but a tar -cf metin2.tar.gz metin2 command to make tar archives.

The tar gz archives what are in mega are created with the backup.sh, and it does include src. 

If your metin2/src folder are empty, it wasent existed there when you did the backup.sh. 

Spoiler

Not to mention not doing any backup for months... It's better I not comment on this.

• Management
10 hours ago, TMP4 said:

He is right, .patch files are the correct way but since the changes are so tiny I didn't feel the need. But I may include them in the future.

Github?
It can be a good solution haha

• Good 2

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.