WorldEditor ReMIX

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, LoKnarash said:

will it be possibile to use models export in granny 2.11 in this program?

Just copy granny2.dll (from your Client were you use Granny 2.11) and place it in Worldeditor and rename it in grann29.dll.

It will work without any problems and you can see your 2.11 Granny Models.

Best regards
Raylee

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

The WorldEditorRemix v26 is out! (after 5 years)

The v24 was compiled with vs2010, but the v26 is compiled with vs2019. If you find any regressions, report me all of them.

(for the download, check the mediafire folder)

Changes:

• Fixed locale/ymir/mob_proto load (autodetect struct)
  • Fixed <map>/regen.txt save/load/edit (very nice for "m" regens)
  • Fixed ./group.txt load
  • Added water texture change in msenv (you need additional client c++ code; ignore it for now)
  • Added wind strength change in msenv (for speedtree; you need additional client c++ code; ignore it for now)
  • Fixed some crashes
  • Added generation of logs/WorldEditorRemix_{target}_{date}.dmp in case of crashes
  • Updated some icons (logo, menus)
  • Updated granny to 2.11
  • Changed WorldEditor.txt config file to WorldEditorRemix.ini
  • Load from PACK is available if property/ is missing and pack/property is present! Be sure pack/Index exists! (textureset from PACK ignores textureset/ if the relative pack exists)
  • Added config flag SERVERATTR_REMOVE_WEIRD_FLAGS

Bugs to fix in the future releases:

• ObjectList empty in PACK mode
  • SkyBox textures not cleared when switching maps
  • Some random asserts (if you get any, write me which ones, so that I at least suppress them)
  • I'll probably add some more config options
Edited by martysama0134
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 24

• Honorable Member

V27 out! Here the changes:

• Fixed multi-object-selection crash
  • Fixed the missing diffuse lighting in the objects
  • Fixed a crash when previewing a missing texture
  • New config options VIEW_OBJECT_LIGHTING, MOB_PROTO_PATH, VIEW_MONSTER_AREA_INFO
  • Default texture displaying count has been increased from 8 to 255 (aka lshift+0 by default)
  • Love 9

• Premium
4 minutes ago, martysama0134 said:

V27 out! Here the changes:

• Fixed multi-object-selection crash
  • Fixed the missing diffuse lighting in the objects
  • Fixed a crash when previewing a missing texture
  • New config options VIEW_OBJECT_LIGHTING, MOB_PROTO_PATH, VIEW_MONSTER_AREA_INFO
  • Default texture displaying count has been increased from 8 to 255 (aka lshift+0 by default)

An error with the new verison (v26) and it's doing the same with v27..

And an old error when I try to add a weapon:

• Love 1

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Jawwad said:

Funny, I don't have the first error, it starts without problems for me.

@all

Spoiler

I have a small request to people using WorldEditor Remix: MartySama took the time 5 years ago and created a .txt file called "worldeditor.txt". Almost all of your questions have been answered, such as  

• move objects
  • move objects  
  • set textures to max  
  • how to do minimap and and and

look at this text file best before any other questions arise, be independent.

MartySama:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• Honorable Member
1 hour ago, Jawwad said:

I noticed it happens when property/ or pack/property is missing and the path has spaces.

I fixed it. It will be in v28. (I'm uploading it now... it contains only this fix)

Edited by martysama0134
  • Love 2

• Honorable Member

First of all thank you for that!
I have made quick overview, and i found one thing not that comf for me (i think for other mappers neither), its about object selection, basically, you don't see it's selected.

Dungeon block files (*.prd), the same for trees (*.prt) and effect files (*.pre)
063752we-problem.jpg

Edited by .plechito'
  • Love 2

plechi-frost-dungeon.gif

• Premium
15 hours ago, martysama0134 said:

The WorldEditorRemix v26 is out! (after 5 years)

The v24 was compiled with vs2010, but the v26 is compiled with vs2019. If you find any regressions, report me all of them.

(for the download, check the mediafire folder)

Changes:

• Fixed locale/ymir/mob_proto load (autodetect struct)
  • Fixed <map>/regen.txt save/load/edit (very nice for "m" regens)
  • Fixed ./group.txt load
  • Added water texture change in msenv (you need additional client c++ code; ignore it for now)
  • Added wind strength change in msenv (for speedtree; you need additional client c++ code; ignore it for now)
  • Fixed some crashes
  • Added generation of logs/WorldEditorRemix_{target}_{date}.dmp in case of crashes
  • Updated some icons (logo, menus)
  • Updated granny to 2.11
  • Changed WorldEditor.txt config file to WorldEditorRemix.ini
  • Load from PACK is available if property/ is missing and pack/property is present! Be sure pack/Index exists! (textureset from PACK ignores textureset/ if the relative pack exists)
  • Added config flag SERVERATTR_REMOVE_WEIRD_FLAGS

Bugs to fix in the future releases:

• ObjectList empty in PACK mode
  • SkyBox textures not cleared when switching maps
  • Some random asserts (if you get any, write me which ones, so that I at least suppress them)
  • I'll probably add some more config options

This is awesome man, thank you a lot!

I really like the initiative regarding different water textures. Hopefully it will come to an successful end so we do not have to rename the water folders everytime we do something like that. Really, really, big up for that! Anyway I wonder if it is a good idea to place this functionality into the .msenv since imho it is related to the map itself much more rather than to the environment even if it feels more natural like that. Maybe I'm wrong, change my mind. What I wanted to say is that I am the "keep it as clean as possible" guy in terms of the pack and I do not want to have redundant .msenv files only because of that I want to have two different maps with the same env settings but with different water textures. I think it should work more like this. It is not perfect either. You would have to change all of the maps which I belive should be done differently. Like to have some default state if no water texture info was found. Anyways this is just a spec and I believe you know what you're doing.

The other thing is that I noticed the character's shadow now renders a bit different. I've got no problem with that, just saying.

Regarding to the bugs or misfunctionality there is a thing that's really pi***** me off. It is the treeview in the obj tab. You cannot unselect completely which means if you want to create a new root node, you have to close the editor, create it manually in Win and relaunch the editor again. It may seem like it is not a big deal but when you work with that sw everyday it becomes frustrating after some time. Imagine that you need to relaunch VS everytime you create a new "whatever". ? And that leads me to one more thing that comes up to my mind right now. (edit: you can unselect but no root node can be created)

I do not know how complicated it could be to recache all the stuff right from the inside of the editor. Same as for the nodes, having to relaunch the editor after you change a texture of your model becomes really frustrating after the first time you do it. :D (edit: it would be really nice to have the possibility to f.e. rightclick the object you want to reload, the context menu appears, you click reload and voilà..)

There is really a lot of such small things and I will update this answer when I have more time and when the ideas come.

EDIT:
1) The trees get smhw messed up after you use the 10m grid.
2) A "Load latest" button at the first tab or "File -> Recent -> metin2_map_latest" would be a really nice feature to have.
3) If the attr slider under the ATTR tab in the Attribute Number GroupBox is really as useless as everyone claims, it should be removed. It only causes weird bugs (the attr higlighter starts to behave in a really weird way) and it is really easy to slide that without noticing.
4) Not important but still buggy imho - the Fake portal CheckBox (I do not even know what is that for xD) hides all of the objects on the map.
5) If you want to use the Goto (Alt+G) function, you cannot get over 512x512 which can be a problem sometimes. F.e. I worked on a map where there was a need to create an imaginary circle that was detected as a PvP arena by the server as you walk into it and it has never been done 100% accurately because it is barely possible to move to the center with mouse only.
6) It is almost impossible to select the timestamps.. I love you, you fixed the timestamps in the time events of effect's particles ? It even seems it displays a lot better now

Once again, thank you a lot! I really appreciate that you came back to us with such a huge amount of changes.

Btw. I am truly stoked to see the encryption that is comming. Hopefully the work of great @.plechito' won't get stolen ever again.

Best Regards,

sandbone

Edited by Sandworks
Still investigating
  • Love 3

• Premium
1 hour ago, Sandworks said:

This is awesome man, thank you a lot!

I really like the initiative regarding different water textures. Hopefully it will come to an successful end so we do not have to rename the water folders everytime we do something like that. Really, really, big up for that! Anyway I wonder if it is a good idea to place this functionality into the .msenv since imho it is related to the map itself much more rather than to the environment even if it feels more natural like that. Maybe I'm wrong, change my mind. What I wanted to say is that I am the "keep it as clean as possible" guy in terms of the pack and I do not want to have redundant .msenv files only because of that I want to have two different maps with the same env settings but with different water textures. I think it should work more like this. It is not perfect either. You would have to change all of the maps which I belive should be done differently. Like to have some default state if no water texture info was found. Anyways this is just a spec and I believe you know what you're doing.

The other thing is that I noticed the character's shadow now renders a bit different. I've got no problem with that, just saying.

Regarding to the bugs or misfunctionality there is a thing that's really pi***** me off. It is the treeview in the obj tab. You cannot unselect completely which means if you want to create a new root node, you have to close the editor, create it manually in Win and relaunch the editor again. It may seem like it is not a big deal but when you work with that sw everyday it becomes frustrating after some time. Imagine that you need to relaunch VS everytime you create a new "whatever". ? And that leads me to one more thing that comes up to my mind right now. (edit: you can unselect but no root node can be created)

I do not know how complicated it could be to recache all the stuff right from the inside of the editor. Same as for the nodes, having to relaunch the editor after you change a texture of your model becomes really frustrating after the first time you do it. :D (edit: it would be really nice to have the possibility to f.e. rightclick the object you want to reload, the context menu appears, you click reload and voilà..)

There is really a lot of such small things and I will update this answer when I have more time and when the ideas come.

EDIT:
2) A 'Load last' button at the first tab would be a really nice feature to have.
3) If the attr slider under the ATTR tab in the Attribute Number GroupBox is really as useless as everyone claims, it should be removed. It only causes weird bugs (the attr higlighter starts to behave in a really weird way) and it is really easy to slide that without noticing.
4) Not important but still buggy imho - the Fake portal CheckBox (I do not even know what is that for xD) hides all of the objects on the map.

Once again, thank you a lot! I really appreciate that you came back to us with such a huge amount of changes.

Btw. I am truly stoked to see the encryption that is comming. Hopefully the work of great @.plechito' won't get stolen ever again.

Best Regards,

sandbone

I agree with the idea of moving water texture setting to the map itself. It is much easier to handle and works perfectly fine on my client. Default water texture is no biggie either, one more if statement. 

Great job and thank you for your contributions with the WorldEditor;) 

• Honorable Member
5 hours ago, Sandworks said:

Fixed in the incoming v29

7 hours ago, .plechito' said:

Dungeon block files (*.prd), the same for trees (*.prt) and effect files (*.pre)

Fixed in the incoming v29

3 hours ago, Paikei said:

saving server_attr from a map crashes my worldeditor, and doesn't generate anything

happens with SERVERATTR_REMOVE_WEIRD_FLAGS both on and off

I have no crashes at all with it. Upload the logs/.dmp somewhere, or send me your map.

It's the related to the diffuse object lighting fix.

I really like the initiative regarding different water textures.

It was a feature I did in 2015-2016 so I kinda forgot, but I'm already saving them in the map settings.txt (and not msenv) ?
SpecialWaterPath    "D:/ymir work/special/lava"
SpecialWaterCount    30

That slide looks like "16 photoshop layers" in which you can kinda split your attrs. Useful? Probably not. Confusing? Maybe.

3 hours ago, Sonitex said:

I don't understand it.

3 hours ago, Sonitex said:

I think ymir wanted to show the "warp" objects by hiding the """pillar""" model and show only the warping effect.

V29 out!

• Fixed multi-object-selection box display
  • Fixed creating new property folders in root tree
Edited by martysama0134
  • Love 7

• Premium
15 minutes ago, martysama0134 said:

It toggles the wireframe of the trees, and when you enable the view->render-mode->wireframe... it toggles off... and vice versa. It's kinda broken/inverted.

I see what you mean but it never really disappears until you restart the editor. I do not really care about it, I can live with that. I just wanted to show you what I found. It did not behave like this in the previous versions. I use the grid very often and never noticed such a thing.

• Love 1

Not important but still buggy imho - the Fake portal CheckBox (I do not even know what is that for xD) hides all of the objects on the map.

Detail bro,

even though i did not understand much of the logic of the ymir workers, they did have their reasons. This function is very helpful, especially with ATTR.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Oh Marty, please do not change it... it's looks very nice

Such small things are not worth changing, because it is only luxury. The most important things have already been fixed, everyone else is sure to come, but patience is required.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Spoiler

• Premium
19 minutes ago, Ace said:

Detail bro,

even though i did not understand much of the logic of the ymir workers, they did have their reasons. This function is very helpful, especially with ATTR.

Hmm, I cannot come up with a reasonable usage.
Edit: Ah, ok. But there's an object output option as well which does basically the same thing.

19 minutes ago, Ace said:

Such small things are not worth changing, because it is only luxury. The most important things have already been fixed, everyone else is sure to come, but patience is required.

Sure they are worth it. But do not get me wrong, I am not forcing anyone to do so. I am pretty ok with the v24. I just wanted to point out a few things that I noticed (based on what marty wrote above) and that would be really nice to have. Not must have.

Edited by Sandworks
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Sandworks said:

Hmm, I cannot come up with a reasonable usage.
Edit: Ah, ok. But there's an object output option as well which does basically the same thing.

Ymir.

I will do tests in the near future to see what they thought.

#Edit

Ah, Effects.

Edited by Ace
Spoiler

When I try connect the sword on the body after two seconds it crash. If you can fix this problem....

https://metin2.download/picture/9E0wMM0I0891zlC1u7W61TyMHQ2Lp1E4/.png

Thanks.

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Honorable Member
8 hours ago, LoKnarash said:

When I try connect the sword on the body after two seconds it crash. If you can fix this problem....

https://metin2.download/picture/9E0wMM0I0891zlC1u7W61TyMHQ2Lp1E4/.png

Thanks.

In practice, the generated deformable vertex buffer was broken for the attached objects. By temporarily disabling it (on those attached objects), I could create and attach many objects (hair+weapon left+weapon right) without any crashes.

I should make a proper fix about it.

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Love 1

• Management

Some models exported on granny 2.11.8 don't show on the character, but if loaded alone it shows correctly...

https://metin2.download/picture/8OT9oKxEb68ArRj5PB7U3I4VoW3z392m/.png

Same model but alone, without character.

https://metin2.download/picture/vO7YDbp4BUDl959q10cnIyhhy0Ltf36w/.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev

raw

raw

• Honorable Member

V31 out!

• Removed useless File Dialog options
  • Removed useless Toolbar options and added Redo
  • New config options:
    • RENDER_CURSOR_COLOR_{R|G|B}
    • OBJECT_HEIGHT_MAX
    • OBJECT_HEIGHT_SLIDER_MAX
    • ATTR_SLIDER_REMOVAL

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Good 1
  • Love 10

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.