Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Honorable Member

I've extended the WorldEditor using Python3(9.6 static).

If you have some interesting ideas, I can consider them and make new functions for them.

Right now, it's just this bunch:

mqBP6YY.png

And this small test script: https://pastebin.com/as1ULyQY

(available in the next version)

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 9
  • Think 4
  • Good 9
  • Love 7
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-142593
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member
41 minutes ago, RazadorError said:

maybe we got other link for the latest version ? because you need a premium to unlock it

What do you mean? I was able to download it from another browser:

MGxc9xY.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-142968
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, martysama0134 said:

What do you mean? I was able to download it from another browser:

MGxc9xY.png

i found it thanks a lot maybe can someone share me the property folder because i am to comfused with the dedicated

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-142982
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Honorable Member

Could you add the ability to display collision height to the WorldEditorRemix.ini option? Currently, the world editor does not display this kind of collision.
PS: If you can do it, it's cool if that collision was marked in a different color.

072007collision.gif

Edited by Tatsumaru
  • Good 5

GhwYizE.gif

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-143999
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

xupIu2p.png


 

void CAttributeInstance::Render()
{
    for(const auto& vertex : m_v3HeightDataVector) {
        uint32_t dwColor = 0xff0000ff;

        Engine::GetDevice().SetTextureFactor(dwColor);
        Engine::GetDevice().SetFvF(D3DFVF_XYZ);
        Engine::GetDevice().SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, Matrix::Identity);
        Engine::GetDevice().SetCullMode(D3DCULL_NONE);
        Engine::GetDevice().DrawPrimitiveUP( D3DPT_TRIANGLELIST, vertex.size() / 3,(void*)vertex.data(), sizeof(Vector3));
    }
}

It's not really a collision it's saved as height in the mdatr file

The rendering code i provided is also not the best ...

But it works one has just to adjust ist for the old STATEMANAGER interface and call it like

if (po->pAttributeInstance)
{
    po->pAttributeInstance->Render();
}
  • Metin2 Dev 9
  • Good 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-144866
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management
35 minutes ago, FreZzwe said:

hello guy,

 

i try to create a 32x32 map and I got :

 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

abnormal program termination

It is not possible to create a map with this size?

 

The biggest map ever map is 16x16, which is 4 times the size of the desert (4x4), why the hell do you want a map 32x32?

This is a 32 bit application, probably it's running out of memory. 32 bits applications can only use up to 2GB, or 4GB if compiled large addresses aware, which is the default, at least for the client source, which is also a 32 bit application.

Summing up, don't be crazy and try to build a gigantic map that has absolutely zero use cases on metin2. Even the 16x16 I never saw any server using it...

raw

raw

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145319
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Karbust said:

The biggest map ever map is 16x16, which is 4 times the size of the desert (4x4), why the hell do you want a map 32x32?

This is a 32 bit application, probably it's running out of memory. 32 bits applications can only use up to 2GB, or 4GB if compiled large addresses aware, which is the default, at least for the client source, which is also a 32 bit application.

Summing up, don't be crazy and try to build a gigantic map that has absolutely zero use cases on metin2. Even the 16x16 I never saw any server using it...

Hey,

thanks for the answer.

Yeah, I know that the 32 bits make there Problems and i try it with 4GB but I can only make the half of the Map. with 2 GB just 1/4.

I Know that "KillMoves" make a 27x27 Map a long time ago. 

 

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145331
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Karbust said:

The biggest map ever map is 16x16, which is 4 times the size of the desert (4x4), why the hell do you want a map 32x32?

This is a 32 bit application, probably it's running out of memory. 32 bits applications can only use up to 2GB, or 4GB if compiled large addresses aware, which is the default, at least for the client source, which is also a 32 bit application.

Summing up, don't be crazy and try to build a gigantic map that has absolutely zero use cases on metin2. Even the 16x16 I never saw any server using it...

The size of the map will not affect the amount of memory. When you reduce the cache clear time, old area are deleted when the player moves away from the area. This way you can even use an 1024x1024 size map.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145332
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Denizeri24 said:

The size of the map will not affect the amount of memory. When you reduce the cache clear time, old area are deleted when the player moves away from the area. This way you can even use an 1024x1024 size map.

Yeah, but how to create with the Worldeditor... that is the Question.
If i would make the Shadowmap and Minimap, the WE crash at the half process because i can only use the 2-3gb. I can see it in my Task Manager.. the adresset wit >2GB Ram is not the solution

Edit: 

I make a video

Quote

 

Edited by FreZzwe
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145333
Share on other sites

  • Bot

I recently created a 8x8 map after that I already tested the max size of maps in the world editor and it's somewhere about 90x90. As for the shadow creation . You can split maps into pieces you don't have to render a picture in one path. Split it up to more stripes like in a 8x8 you make 8 maps and copy paste the first 8 folders from it into an empty 8x8 map copy paste the textureset and go on for shadow rendering. After you created all 8 Shadowmaps you can put them in paint(or whatever) together 

I could create a 60*60 map without any ram problems or crashes if you need help about it add me in discord ToXiC4k#9214 

 

  • Think 1
  • Good 1

english_banner.gif

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145451
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bot

@ martysama0134one question: is it possible to make a texture picker by using like an F key or CTRL or something where the curser is?

cause the texture switching is sometimes really aids. Just if its possible

english_banner.gif

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-145912
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

I think a good feature would be to add shadowmap exclusion. For example a list of objects that doesn't cast shadow when you regenerate the shadowmap. I am currently thinking about grass, as we do not always want grass to cast any shadow.

Gurgarath
coming soon
My Services

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-146006
Share on other sites

  • Premium
47 minutes ago, Gurgarath said:

I think a good feature would be to add shadowmap exclusion. For example a list of objects that doesn't cast shadow when you regenerate the shadowmap. I am currently thinking about grass, as we do not always want grass to cast any shadow.

There is a Shadowflag which does that for any property file except effects which never have shadows and trees which always do. In WE, it can be toggled by double clicking on an object in the list and checking/unchecking the Shadow box.

  • Metin2 Dev 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-146007
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm using the latest version of the software (v.44) and I've noticed many problems.
For example, one day during a 4-hours work session, the software crashed 6 times without any .dmp files in the logs folder. And sometimes I find my buildings and effects underground when I reopen the software after a crash.
It also crashes during simple move actions quite often.
And I've noticed several missing objects on the minimap while editing the big map.

I don't know if you'll have the time or will to correct this, but I wanted to share it with you in case you would.
Thank you for your work, I appreciate it.

  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-147152
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 3:50 PM, Tatsumaru said:

Another old problem that nobody seems to have reported yet.
The world editor seems to have problems displaying objects where transparency has been applied. Such objects are not visible in the program, but they are visible in the game. For an example, you can check this object:
D:\ymir work\zone\dungeon\dawnmistwood_dungeon\prayer_banner01

giphy.gif

Any News about this Problem?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/2747-worldeditor-remix/page/11/#findComment-147664
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.