[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

Sorry, I almost forgot to mention the changes made to the mounts.

It'd of course work now since there's no upper limit anymore (therefore your mounts should work now as intended).

I'm kinda thinking about the open source stuff. Not quite sure. Plenty points against it showed up that's why I'm still thinking about it.

Planned for 2.5:

Extracting more tables to text-files.

This means that I'm trying to make things like the exp table outside of the game. It'd read a text file line by line and therefore set the maximum level and the exp needed. This could also work for horses (which would allow you to make more different horse skins). Also I'm trying to make it possible to let you include libraries from a special directory which will be the first step to a plugin system.

Also quest functions could be enhanced by this mechanic - reading text files line by line and therefore allowing you to add more quest functions - which you can provide in your libraries.

So 2.5 will be a big patch. That's the reason why there will be no 2.4.2, if there are problems I'm gonna update the current 2.4.1 download link with a hotfixed version.

Also: What do you think about giving you the possibility to install a quest that checks your vanilla version every new day and notices you when there's a new version?

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

I read your reply I have the following questions: 

Version 2.4.1 will not post? will wait to post 2.5? I misunderstood .. 

The second is whether you have one bin can do public, I guess you'll have test client, no? 

And I end up giving my opinion about the game auto update or check for updates, I think if you put this many people not use will be wary of the game like they do compilers. 

PS: As they say here the release of the source would advance much of the game and the development of your project but then most do not work together I'm sure the little problems that arise are solved faster that you working alone

Sorry, I've made a typo. I meant that there will be no 2.4.2! If there are problems with 2.4.1, I'm just gonna make some hotfixes. But I'll not release a 2.4.2. Next version is 2.5.

The update checking would be just a simple quest. The only thing made in the core would be a quest function to print out the current version - I'd made some clarity with this and additionally you're free to choose wheter you want to use the quest or not.. It's just a quest that's going to connect to a webspace, looking up for the newest version and comparing it with the current. If there's a new version and you've got IMPLEMENTOR-rank, then you're receving a message in the chat. It also won't check every login. It'll just check every new day when you log in.

Also how about fixing a strange bug? If you're gonna make a new gm, why not be able to give him the rights without reloading the complete gmlist and just do it ingame?

I'm currently thinking about something like the /op-Command minecraft uses. But! This command will only be able to be used by Implementor! And you'll have to specify the rank you want to give.

As I told you. There're some problems with open source and no, they can't be fixed easily.

• Love 3

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

Hey Vanilla could you take a look into these things:

Increase the view/load distance of objects, textures and creatures/npcs. If that is possible it propably would kill the performance due to enginge limitations but it would be nice to know if it works and maybe it could be optimized.

stand_still_to_equip: 0/1 (if set to 1 the function that you need to stand still to equip an item is disabled)
g_skill_jump: 0/1 (if set to 1 a skill can jump instantly from g7,g8,g9 to perfect ) maybe add the config options you made for master skill aswell
potions_at_up: 0/1 (if set to 0 you will no longer get red potions after a status or level up)

Ifr a gm types in /help commands in the chat a window will open including all the gm commands so easy ingame acces

if a gm types in /help "itemname" he will recieve the value of the item. if it is an upgradebale item he will recieve the +0 value unless he typed in /help "itemname +x"

Looking forward to the next version. Keep it up :)

I've deleted some unnecessary variables etc... But it's nothing big. I don't expect 4 inventories to work 100% but it's a problem every gamefile has. I can't fix these bugs unless I have 4 inventory pages in my client too (and I don't have that).

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

Vanilla core 2.4.1 mega : https://mega.co.nz/#!UwJnQJpR!wKV4nXLTo7KoEHnAXe63UxOnv_KHu8nfUBVLP1Cb1Lc

After putting the vanilla core 2.4.1 always tells me that the data are incorrect. 

SYSERR auth: 

SYSERR: Jun 7 12:41:25 :: ChildLoop: AsyncSQL: Query failed: Table 'account.string' does not exist (query: SELECT name, text FROM string errno: 1146)

After putting the vanilla core 2.4.1 always tells me that the data are incorrect. 

SYSERR auth: 

SYSERR: Jun 7 12:41:25 :: ChildLoop: AsyncSQL: Query failed: Table 'account.string' does not exist (query: SELECT name, text FROM string errno: 1146)

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `string`;
CREATE TABLE `string` (
  `id` int(225) NOT NULL,
  `name` varchar(225) NOT NULL,
  `text` varchar(225) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

In account database.

SYSERR auth: 

CREATE TABLE `string` (
  `id` int(225) NOT NULL,

In account database.

I did not understand. Explain in simple words xD

SYSERR auth: 

CREATE TABLE `string` (
  `id` int(225) NOT NULL,

In account database.

I did not understand. Explain in simple words xD

Connect via Navicat to your account database, press F6 for console put the query in it and run, finish.

• Premium

Hello, I've got  Connection refused and it's impossible to connect :/

Auth syserr :

SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:24 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:27 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:30 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:33 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:36 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:39 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:42 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:45 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:48 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:51 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:54 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.
SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:57 :: socket_connect: HOST localhost:15000, could not connect.

Db syserr :

SYSERR: Jun  7 18:33:22 :: pid_init:
Start of pid: 2903

FreeBSD 9.2

This is no vanilla error.

I'm currently reuploading.

In the future I'll provide a webspace from where the version check could be realized. Also there you can download the newest vanilla core.

Oh and yes, download is in the second post of this thread as usual. Reup is coming soon since multiupload got some problems it seems.

New download link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!vJNQGSyS!s5GTXSuqgrg4bArWQpldyQkPg9IKTobrltGOCEGCsbQ

• Love 4

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.