Fix Kill-Aura and every long distance bots

• Forum Moderator

Disclaimer: This fix is intended for correct server data. I really advise you not to ban any player based on data gathered by this, but just to take into consideration that one player appearing a lot in this list (in different maps) is suspicious. I strongly recommend you to inspect which mobs are problematic for false positives, then to fix them.

Hello everyone,

While working on some clientside thing. I noticed one big exploit that I was able to reproduce. Long story short, I was basically able to extend any collision and be able to reproduce (in a makeshift dirty way) the famous "kill aura" or whatever you call it. Basically allowing you to hit monsters from really far away without any problem. That's one of the most common thing the bots are using.

Videos of the bug:

Spoiler

.gif
.gif

Videos of the fix:

Spoiler

.gif
.gif

The fix

Spoiler

This is the hidden content, please

Have a nice day! 😄

Edited by Gurgarath
Fine-tuned the detection range to avoid RedWood false positives
  • Metin2 Dev 157
  • Eyes 1
  • Dislove 1
  • Angry 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 2
  • Confused 1
  • Scream 2
  • Lmao 2
  • Good 24
  • Love 5
  • Love 48

Gurgarath
coming soon

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Skaira said:

Nahhh, you still need to fix SyncHack 😄 

for example;

-> sync packet to x,y

-> attack packet;

and say bb fix

Where you are right is that SyncHack isn't working, distances aren't remotely good, checks will never trigger. You can fix the SyncPosition function, but it would still be called during ownership and SyncPackets. I preferred to make the check directly into the Attack function so that it doesn't process dirty packets further.

Gurgarath
coming soon

• 3 months later...
  • Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Mafuyu said:

Bugged bro. Pulling mobs on maps with many mobs gets always detected. For us, red forest every pull with bravery cape triggers the "fix".

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce please, with a gif eventually?

It's possible that false positive occurs and it's very easy to fine-tune the detection based on specific cases. I personally just tried to exp 30 minutes in the redwood in multiple spots and with multiple mobs, even destroyed a stone and spawned two hundred monsters of different kind and I didn't manage to get a single report (until I fought the redwood boss, in which I got two reports during all the fight that I couldn't reproduce).

I have had a few false positives so far, that I am logging and investigating, but please, note that for this fix to work, you must have correct server data for monsters (with correct accumulations and so on). Every fix on the server that relies on sectree (speedhack etc.) must have correct data for the server to correctly process what is going on. It is slightly prone to lags and you must be careful of your server's data.

Spoiler

A mismatch will occur if your client have different data than the server, for example on the client you will see a monster that is in your vicinity and attack it, while based on the server data, notably motion accumulation, this mob is 7 meters behind because on his motion data, he cannot travel the distance it does on the client, and the "fix" (as you call it) is rightfully telling you that you cannot attack a monster that is this far (because for the server, he is far).

I do not say that the fix is perfect, far from that, but if your server data are correct, you are not supposed to get spammed like this and the amount of false positive is relatively small. The goal of the system is not to ban players, but to mitigate obvious abuse. If you are getting spammed ONLY in specific places, then it is more your fault than the system's fault. I would however gladfully fix the system if you provide me with enough informations, but so far, I only had a small amount of false positive, nothing that hinders the gameplay (I didn't notice once that I was flagged and that my hit was cancelled) and I log every single one of them to make sure they won't happen twice.

I am genuinely interested on the issue, thank you for your report.

Edited by Gurgarath
  • Metin2 Dev 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

9 hours ago, Gurgarath said:

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce please, with a gif eventually?

It's possible that false positive occurs and it's very easy to fine-tune the detection based on specific cases. I personally just tried to exp 30 minutes in the redwood in multiple spots and with multiple mobs, even destroyed a stone and spawned two hundred monsters of different kind and I didn't manage to get a single report (until I fought the redwood boss, in which I got two reports during all the fight that I couldn't reproduce).

I have had a few false positives so far, that I am logging and investigating, but please, note that for this fix to work, you must have correct server data for monsters (with correct accumulations and so on). Every fix on the server that relies on sectree (speedhack etc.) must have correct data for the server to correctly process what is going on. It is slightly prone to lags and you must be careful of your server's data.

Reveal hidden contents

A mismatch will occur if your client have different data than the server, for example on the client you will see a monster that is in your vicinity and attack it, while based on the server data, notably motion accumulation, this mob is 7 meters behind because on his motion data, he cannot travel the distance it does on the client, and the "fix" (as you call it) is rightfully telling you that you cannot attack a monster that is this far (because for the server, he is far).

I do not say that the fix is perfect, far from that, but if your server data are correct, you are not supposed to get spammed like this and the amount of false positive is relatively small. The goal of the system is not to ban players, but to mitigate obvious abuse. If you are getting spammed ONLY in specific places, then it is more your fault than the system's fault. I would however gladfully fix the system if you provide me with enough informations, but so far, I only had a small amount of false positive, nothing that hinders the gameplay (I didn't notice once that I was flagged and that my hit was cancelled) and I log every single one of them to make sure they won't happen twice.

I am genuinely interested on the issue, thank you for your report.

dunno how i should post a gif for it, we are simply using bravery cape at the end of red forest and we get hundreds of spam messages in chat from the fix. The thing is, i didnt removed the return in the function so the outranged mobs should still gets "ignored" but for us, every mob dies fine. Its not like we are hitting 20 times on specific mobs and they wont die because of desync so they should be all in range but i dont know why we then get all those false positives. Can you give me your red forst mob folders so i can check their accumulation and compare with mine. 

Also we have this issue with the red forest boss as you mentioned.

• Good 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator
On 10/30/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mafuyu said:

dunno how i should post a gif for it, we are simply using bravery cape at the end of red forest and we get hundreds of spam messages in chat from the fix. The thing is, i didnt removed the return in the function so the outranged mobs should still gets "ignored" but for us, every mob dies fine. Its not like we are hitting 20 times on specific mobs and they wont die because of desync so they should be all in range but i dont know why we then get all those false positives. Can you give me your red forst mob folders so i can check their accumulation and compare with mine. 

Also we have this issue with the red forest boss as you mentioned.

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, I had to sort out other things before going back to this issue. I checked everything and the only time it occured so far with me was with the "Red Dryads". The maximum distance recorded was "8.60". It can also be related to the motion itself. So cranking it up to 9 should reduce most of the issues. I updated the tutorial and I will keep my informations like that to eventually make some fine-tune and publish it. Thank you for your report!

Edited by Gurgarath

Gurgarath
coming soon

On 11/8/2022 at 1:00 AM, Gurgarath said:

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, I had to sort out other things before going back to this issue. I checked everything and the only time it occured so far with me was with the "Red Dryads". The maximum distance recorded was "8.60". It can also be related to the motion itself. So cranking it up to 9 should reduce most of the issues. I updated the tutorial and I will keep my informations like that to eventually make some fine-tune and publish it. Thank you for your report!

even with 9.0f we get false positives^^ way less but still few 

i get ranges over 13 with 2hand weapons sometimes^^

dunno, somehow only on few maps. guess have to crank it even higher

Edited by Mafuyu

• 8 months later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.