WorldEditor ReMIX

10 hours ago, Karl$Lama said:

Any News about this Problem?

Did you read this?

On 5/31/2021 at 6:27 PM, Ace said:

I asked myself a few times and also researched. At the end I was told that something has to be changed in Worldeditor.

Alternative: saves the objects transparently in clients and nontransparently in worldeditor.

Edited by Ace
  • Metin2 Dev 1
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, would there be an option to reload textures in the Effects tab? (or set as default)
Because now you need to restart the application to view the edited texture.

When I edit a texture (overwrite the file), the previous texture is still visible in WE, even if I will select that texture for a new effect.  

Edited by pewi
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Hi,

A small suggestion would be to allow to switch the selection of nearby objects (can be done within the same square) using tab to quickly select a nearby object. It would come in handy when multiple objectifs are actually inbricked one within another. Only workaround I found was to move all the objects away, to finally reassemble them again.

• Good 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

• Honorable Member
On 3/25/2022 at 5:15 PM, Gurgarath said:

Hi,

A small suggestion would be to allow to switch the selection of nearby objects (can be done within the same square) using tab to quickly select a nearby object. It would come in handy when multiple objectifs are actually inbricked one within another. Only workaround I found was to move all the objects away, to finally reassemble them again.

It's a good idea. Vision from my head:

.gif

• Metin2 Dev 1
  • Eyes 1
  • Good 4
  • Love 2

GhwYizE.gif

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Shizer said:

Hello, I ran into a problem and I don't know how to solve it, namely my 24 inch monitor broke down recently, and I bought a new 28 inch, and part of the side panel is cut off in the world editor, how can I fix it? changing the resolution does not help, in the current one is 150 recommended, everywhere in other programs it works properly, and with world editor I have a problem unfortunately, can someone help me with it?

https://metin2.download/picture/EbYmB3mGSKV2ddrA2ytVIEYw4K50nsDz/.png

Have you tried this before?

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1

• Bot
7 hours ago, Shizer said:

Hello, I ran into a problem and I don't know how to solve it, namely my 24 inch monitor broke down recently, and I bought a new 28 inch, and part of the side panel is cut off in the world editor, how can I fix it? changing the resolution does not help, in the current one is 150 recommended, everywhere in other programs it works properly, and with world editor I have a problem unfortunately, can someone help me with it?

Go to display settings and resize the UI scaling to 100% that should fix it. I use a resolution of 5760*1080 and it works perfectly wo it only can be this with the windows gui scaling i guess

Edited by Metin2 Dev

english_banner.gif

• Honorable Member
On 5/31/2022 at 4:38 AM, Shizer said:

Try the latest version. If I remember correctly, it should fix it even without the external dpi manifest fix.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to create a new ATTR type, I mean there is "Save, Block, Water etc." A new type that ignores when entering "Hightplane". In other words, I can walk under bridges because this type ignores the "hightplane".

I don't mean it's impossible, and something like that shouldn't be too hard to code, I mean serverside now.

By something like this you can save a lot of space when mapping. So you can also build a house under bridges and move in there without being thrown up.

Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

It would be interesting to allow for Drag&Drop in panes where it is actually meaningful, most notably "Msm" "Effect" and "Fly", where it could make up for a good gain of usability and speed. 

• Good 1
  • Love 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

1 hour ago, Gurgarath said:

It would be interesting to allow for Drag&Drop in panes where it is actually meaningful, most notably "Msm" "Effect" and "Fly", where it could make up for a good gain of usability and speed. 

Or  recently/last used items/objects/effects could be stored on side panel.

Edited by arlinamid
  • Good 1
  • Love 1

giphy.gif

Best regards, Arlinamid

• Forum Moderator

Memory Leak, crash, any %, speedrun, world record (0m32s) (It happens when loading and """"unloading"""" chunks of the maps.)

Some random ideas :

- Allow to save multiple textures, let's say, rock textures, and allow to select them right off the bat. Like "folders" within the texture selection that allows to select multiples textures at once, like you can with layer folders in photoshop.

- Create a intermediary brush between "0" (very faint) and "1". Like, one with still a visible circle but smaller than the brush number one.

- Allow more options on prt (trees) files: it lacks the "no shadow" options and it would be interesting to place a tree sideways or slightly tilted, without having to create a whole prt for this.

• Scream 1
  • Good 1

Gurgarath
coming soon

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/8/2022 at 16:07, Gurgarath said:

- Consenti più opzioni sui file prt (alberi): manca l'opzione "nessuna ombra" e sarebbe interessante posizionare un albero di lato o leggermente inclinato, senza dover creare un intero prt per questo.

I don't think it is very useful of the intermediate brush, but this of the trees would not be bad, I would also add the possibility of resizing (also on objects).

As for the textures of the grounds, more than a brush between 0 and 1, I would put the possibility of choosing the opacity of the texture, which I think is more or less what you said in the first point.

Anyway, thanks  @ martysama0134 for the work you have done over the years on this tool.

• Good 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to increase the image size when saving the atlas? I also looked in part of the source and I think I found what I was looking for.

spacer.png

I would try it myself but the source part of the World Editor is not complete for me

Thanks 🙂

Edited by Metin2 Dev

• Honorable Member
9 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Is it possible to increase the image size when saving the atlas? I also looked in part of the source and I think I found what I was looking for.

That function generates the _atlas.bmp by taking every generated minimap.dds 1:1.

Are you trying to increase the minimap size?

The ingame big map is usually created by downscaling the dumped _atlas.bmp to 256px.

Yes, I would like the atlas image file to be rendered larger. At that time the display resolutions were smaller and the minimap size was ok. But today you can hardly see anything beyond FULLHD. It would be great if you could have different render sizes. Do you have to see how "beautifully" the world editor can do it? 😄

Edit:

Sorry, I just tested something.. Yes, it's true, the world editor renders the atlas larger.. >.< sorry, I'm currently only using the original atlas from .de.. they are all no larger than 256

Edited by Aslan
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Lmao 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.