[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

@Minion: Thanks for reporting the bug. I'll make the time for implementors too and check it then. If you specify 0 as the switching time, there'd be no waiting time anymore. I'll check if it works. GMs etc. should also be affected by the switching time in the next version.

But be careful that the time should be given in seconds, not minutes!

You can use every serverfiles. 2010 should do the job. If you want to use the features of newer files you can also enable them one by one in the CONFIG.

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

always connection refused at 34k game....help me pls =(

Here is not a free for all post. You can only post a question about vanilla core, since it's vanillas post about vanilla core >.<

Go and make your own thread and post your problem there. And be more explicit, post a screeshot with your error, so we can help you. We can't imagine your error...

I'll try the yang bug posted by K1LL3R to see if it's really a bug :D

hi, this is my first time with vanilla, and I have a stupid question. 

I need to add in CONFIG from each Cannel/core the new config ... for exp : 

Default :

HOSTNAME: channel1_1
CHANNEL: 1
PORT: 12345
P2P_PORT: 50000
DB_PORT: 15000
DB_ADDR: localhost
MAP_ALLOW: 1 3 4 5 21 23 24 25 41 43 44 45 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 26 193 121 200 189 216 217 301 302 303 304 351
TABLE_POSTFIX:
PASSES_PER_SEC: 25
SAVE_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
PING_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
PLAYER_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# player
COMMON_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# common
LOG_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# log
NO_PK: 1
VIEW_RANGE: 6000
CHECK_MULTIHACK: 0
LOCALE_SERVICE: romania
MAX_LEVEL: 105
MALL_URL: google.ro
adminpage_ip: 127.0.0.1
adminpage_password: 21279Hdfs432dsfqwa3e2qw4erKBdsaLJHGdsa323weqw
FN_log_adminpage: 1
mark_server 1
mark_min_level 1
traffic_profile: 1
empire_whisper: 1
user_limit: 1500
#hackshield_enable: 1
#hackshield_first_check_time: 10
#hackshield_check_cycle_time: 10
speedhack_limit_count: 10
speedhack_limit_bonus: 10
spam_block_duration: 10
spam_block_score: 10
spam_block_reload_cycle: 10
spam_block_max_level: 90
protect_normal_player: 1
CheckClientVersion: 1
ClientVersion: 1215955269

adds:

HOSTNAME: channel1_1
CHANNEL: 1
PORT: 12345
P2P_PORT: 50000
DB_PORT: 15000
DB_ADDR: localhost
MAP_ALLOW: 1 3 4 5 21 23 24 25 41 43 44 45 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 26 193 121 200 189 216 217 301 302 303 304 351
TABLE_POSTFIX:
PASSES_PER_SEC: 25
SAVE_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
PING_EVENT_SECOND_CYCLE: 180
PLAYER_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# player
COMMON_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# common
LOG_SQL: localhost m2user m2pass@# log
NO_PK: 1
VIEW_RANGE: 6000
CHECK_MULTIHACK: 0
LOCALE_SERVICE: romania
MAX_LEVEL: 105
MALL_URL: google.ro
adminpage_ip: 127.0.0.1
adminpage_password: 21279Hdfs432dsfqwa3e2qw4erKBdsaLJHGdsa323weqw
FN_log_adminpage: 1
mark_server 1
mark_min_level 1
traffic_profile: 1
empire_whisper: 1
user_limit: 1500
#hackshield_enable: 1
#hackshield_first_check_time: 10
#hackshield_check_cycle_time: 10
speedhack_limit_count: 10
speedhack_limit_bonus: 10
spam_block_duration: 10
spam_block_score: 10
spam_block_reload_cycle: 10
spam_block_max_level: 90
protect_normal_player: 1
CheckClientVersion: 1
ClientVersion: 1215955269

adminpage_enable: 0
adminpage_no_localhost: 0
item_floor_time: int
item_ownership_time: int
max_rank_points: long int
movement_speed: int
belt_all_allow_items: 1
attr_rare_enable: 0

I really apreciate and example :)

thx

Still some little time needed since there may be more bugs like the shop yang overflow.

It's mechanism that stops the user from going higher than the limit and will prevent him from getting - yang. I'm investigating on why it can be exploited and fix it.

@Tasho:

int is meant as the datatype you can insert here. This means, you should not type in literally 'int'. Instead, use a number within the range of int.

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

The Problem is when i give  "freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.2-RELEASE" or 8.4/9.0

Coming this Problem:

freebsd-update upgrade -r 8.4-RELEASE

Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... none found.

Fetching public key from update.FreeBSD.org... failed.

No mirrors remaining giving up

I use Oracle VM Virtualbox (Hamachi)

Pls help me :(

The Problem is when i give  "freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.2-RELEASE" or 8.4/9.0

Coming this Problem:

freebsd-update upgrade -r 8.4-RELEASE

Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... none found.

Fetching public key from update.FreeBSD.org... failed.

No mirrors remaining giving up

I use Oracle VM Virtualbox (Hamachi)

Pls help me :(

you cant connect internet with hamachi network. 

Something occured. I upgraded to lua 5.2 but there's something new on it. The new version requires more exact operations.

The operator != won't work in this new version. So you'll have to replace it with ~=

Also there seems to be problems with some strange escaping symbols (they occur in the questlib made by mijago and in the locale, chinese stuff that will be counted as escape strings).

So you people would need to make some adaptions to run the new vanilla version.

Now I'm asking you: Do you still want lua 5.2? In that case, you'd have more options and functions than ever before, you'd have the newest version out there. But on the other hand you'd have to make some adaptions on your quests (only small changes, nothing big).

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

• Developer

In my opinion you shouldn't upgrade to lua 5.2, since your core is used mostly by those who can't or who doesn't know how to compile their own cores.

Let's say it's for beginners, and as you might know, there are some functions that were deprecated too.

So instead of being easier using your cores, it'd harder for beginners.

Anyway, keep up the awesome work you've been doing.

when you return 0 and server doesn't boot:

unknown.png

• Premium

Something occured. I upgraded to lua 5.2 but there's something new on it. The new version requires more exact operations.

The operator != won't work in this new version. So you'll have to replace it with ~=

Also there seems to be problems with some strange escaping symbols (they occur in the questlib made by mijago and in the locale, chinese stuff that will be counted as escape strings).

So you people would need to make some adaptions to run the new vanilla version.

Now I'm asking you: Do you still want lua 5.2? In that case, you'd have more options and functions than ever before, you'd have the newest version out there. But on the other hand you'd have to make some adaptions on your quests (only small changes, nothing big).

If you make a list "changes to do": then i personally approve it. 

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

I'm now trying to make it more comfortable. The problem with the escape strings should be solved now.

Also I've got some work on the operatores done. Welcome back beloved != operator!

It'll now work with both operatores, either ~= or !=

Also there are some new instructions you can use. For example now the goto-instruction is implemented and you can also use ::

If I'll keep up with the work there won't be any changes needed. It'd be adaptable to the old way of writing quests while still being able to fully understand the new instructions.

Also I've activated the loading of every standard lib provided by lua. Now there's also a package-lib you're free to use.

Additionally I monitored a drastically shortened boot time until the server worked through everything. I don't know if it's related to this but it'd maybe lead to a faster initializing of the lua components. Or it's the rebuilt and work with gcc4.9, I don't know, fact is: It's damn faster.

Deprecated functions could still work. Testing is needed. But I've enabled compatibility options to make sure the old functions still work. They'll automatically be redirect to the newer functions by lua.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

• Premium

I'm now trying to make it more comfortable. The problem with the escape strings should be solved now.

Also I've got some work on the operatores done. Welcome back beloved != operator!

It'll now work with both operatores, either ~= or !=

Also there are some new instructions you can use. For example now the goto-instruction is implemented and you can also use ::

If I'll keep up with the work there won't be any changes needed. It'd be adaptable to the old way of writing quests while still being able to fully understand the new instructions.

Also I've activated the loading of every standard lib provided by lua. Now there's also a package-lib you're free to use.

Additionally I monitored a drastically shortened boot time until the server worked through everything. I don't know if it's related to this but it'd maybe lead to a faster initializing of the lua components. Or it's the rebuilt and work with gcc4.9, I don't know, fact is: It's damn faster.

Deprecated functions could still work. Testing is needed. But I've enabled compatibility options to make sure the old functions still work. They'll automatically be redirect to the newer functions by lua.

Compliments, gigantic work.

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

• Premium

Hello,

It's now possible to make donations for the development of Vanilla Core through our forum.

8loqQ.jpg

We will forward your donations to Vanilla so she sees some compensation for all the work put in this project.

Regards

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 4

Hey, good new to you folks!

Vanilla rev 53180 (v2.4) succesfully booted again! It now correctly interprets when-blocks and damn it's fast!

Now the booting time is drastically reduced due to the new changes. I'm working on implementing old functions now and bring them back (like getn). It's no problem to do this so except a release very soon!

Oh, and the operators came all back. I'm now only working on compatibility with the old quests, but everything else works fine!

• Love 6

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.