[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

• Premium

Try to output syserrs.

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

Try to output syserrs.

item not found is the error.

but on 40250 it works without problems

syserr output:

SYSERR: Apr 21 16:24:28 :: ReadSpecialDropItemFile: ReadSpecialDropItemFile : there is no item 110010 : node °­·ÂÇÑ¿ëÈ¥¿ø¼®_ÀϹÝ-È­·Á

SYSERR: Apr 21 16:24:28 :: Boot: cannot load SpecialItemGroup: locale/germany/special_item_group.txt

and if i remove the item, the same error with a other vnum appears.

greetz

Did you check if the item exists in your item_proto?

In my files it wasn't the case.

Next version coming soon with toggleable global chat, immun bug fix and some other tweaks.

it doesn't exist, but in the blank 40250 game - who would have thought it - it also doesn't exist! and the server works fine...

greetz

• Premium

Try to output syserrs.

syserr output:

SYSERR: Apr 21 16:24:28 :: ReadSpecialDropItemFile: ReadSpecialDropItemFile : there is no item 110010 : node °­·ÂÇÑ¿ëÈ¥¿ø¼®_ÀϹÝ-È­·Á

SYSERR: Apr 21 16:24:28 :: Boot: cannot load SpecialItemGroup: locale/germany/special_item_group.txt

greetz

The item doesn't exist in your protos, isn't vanilla's fault.

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

Try to output syserrs.

syserr output:

greetz

The item doesn't exist in your protos, isn't vanilla's fault.

The "~" in the item_proto File isn't used as i see this... (example: 8hGIP.png )

don't know if it's a vanilla error

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

If the item just doesn't exists it's not a problem with the game core, it's just a normal error. I'd let the game run despite having this error but it'd just make no sense cause the special_item_group is clearly damaged through this. And the server can't give out items which doesn't even exist.

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

The double kill count will be fixed in the next version. Thank you for telling me.

Connection refused = the server can't connect to the database because it refuses the connection (maybe wrong user/password or something else that doesn't allow the server to connect). This has literally nothing to to with the revision change.

You can also update your current freebsd version to 9.2! You don't have to install a new machine (but I'd recommend doing so).

A full tutorial was already written in this thread, but you can view it in the freebsd manual too. It's really easy to upgrade the system.

€: Today is patch day!

I'll rebuilt vanilla with the newly released gcc 4.9 (now that it's relesead I'm ready to use it instead of 4.8). Tell me your thoughts about the new gamefile compiled with 4.9 then!

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.