GF shutdowned a lot of czech private servers

• Premium

ashia2.cz - decision of another OVM - 31.5.2024

titania2.cz - decision of another OVM - 31.5.2024

titaniagame.cz - decision of another OVM - 31.5.2024

quadcore.cz - decisions of law enforcement authorities - 3.5.2022

It can be due to copyright infringement or tax evasion

Decision of another OVM
These are decisions issued by other public authorities - e.g. the Customs Administration.

• Eyes 1
  • Flame 3

On 6/1/2024 at 4:26 PM, Distraught said:

So, I think they were closed down because of tax evasion or something. Not because of copyright infringement, as the latter is a private matter between two parties settled on court and not by some authority.

Im betting tax evasion or something else. Czech pservers aren't popular enough to launch international IP law suits against them. It just doesn't happen outside of germany I think, except for very large servers like rubinum and aeldra that take away a noticeable chunk of players from official.

1 hour ago, Filachilla said:

If all the players of the official servers went on strike for a week, then gayforge can close all the servers.. Metin lives only on the community for so long, if there were no privates, then a good 70% of the current players of metin don't even know what metin actually is.

that's absolutely true. official is just a badly designed pay2win horror that's only kind of populated because its deemed stable (which isn't really true even compared to pservers) and also players have sentiment 

• Honorable Member
8 hours ago, b6d4a82c15 said:

that's absolutely true. official is just a badly designed pay2win horror that's only kind of populated because its deemed stable (which isn't really true even compared to pservers) and also players have sentiment 

You will hate me but official > any pvp server all day.

• Active+ Member
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mali said:

Gameplay is good, but definitely not the way they manage metin nowadays (and we don't know how much % of gameplay comes from gf brains)

Spoiler

there is reason why almost everything is taken from official to pvp servers 

21 hours ago, TAUMP said:

.jpg .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png .png

this is probably the most active gf person I've ever seen ?

Edited by m2Ciaran
  • kekw 1

9 hours ago, Mali said:

I agree with you, but if metin was open source, free to use, it would change.. The only problem is that gameforge basically holds a monopoly on copyright throughout Europe and jerks metin as such.. He is the difference in whether a small team will make a server, or a large company that can afford to invest.. In another position, I believe that a strong community with a distro, like Linux systems, could be created and it would find sponsors.

7 hours ago, m2Ciaran said:

Gameplay is good, but definitely not the way they manage metin nowadays (and we don't know how much % of gameplay comes from gf brains)

Hide contents

there is reason why almost everything is taken from official to pvp servers 

this is probably the most active gf person I've ever seen ?

I highly disagree with statement that pserver take everything from official servers. You probably didnt play any poland servers. No hate, but I played many servers and the most boring for me were the ones, which looked like official server.

• Active+ Member
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Baltazar said:

I highly disagree with statement that pserver take everything from official servers. You probably didnt play any poland servers. No hate, but I played many servers and the most boring for me were the ones, which looked like official server.

Well, i'm Polish. And almost all the updates that were implemented after 2012 are used on many of them (tdd, dss, sash, aura, ui, changelook and so on) let's face the truth ?

Edited by m2Ciaran
  • Love 1

On 6/10/2024 at 3:01 AM, granpa123 said:

not being in Europe (other side of the world) helps as they have no  jurisdiction here so can do whatever i want

To my knowledge the always go for the lowest hanging fruit which are the most popular german pservers. International copyright infringement prosecution is not only expensive and lengthy but often impossible (copyright laws aren't international)

Edited by b6d4a82c15