Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Former Staff

Hello,

 

End?!

In 2009, began my incredible adventure in the wonderful world of Metin2. However, after 14 years, my desire and my motivation have diminished... As the owner of French and international communities on Metin2, I must be clear and transparent with you about my intentions for the future.

Throughout these years, I have evolved as a member, engineer, moderator, administrator or even owner of these communities. I developed and created to bring them to life, and to make these forums friendly and quality places. My main success is in particular the automatic downloading of screenshots on the storage server (Topic) and the systematic backup of shares (Topic) (Manual...).

Today, I'm tired and I no longer have this motivation, I no longer want to manage these communities in such an active way. Indeed, for several months now, I have been forcing myself to offer you new features and updates in order to remain an active community.

 

Closing?!

The communities aren't intended to be closed, at least as long as advertising earnings, subscriptions and donations will pay for the server and the domain names. This could be the case when the communities will be in deficit.

 

And?!

As you may have understood, I'm withdrawing from the frontal management of these communities and I will mainly maintain them technically in order to no longer be in the foreground. Indeed, the frontal and social management of communities no longer motivates me. I have more fun developing a Discord bot or developing a download platform, a platform referencing Metin2 private servers than managing entire communities. Allowing me to take a break and take a step back from it all.

In order to compensate for this absence, I would like to recruit an administrator (Topic) with a similar mindset (I insist, it’s important...). Thus, this administrator will also be able to develop and maintain communities and propose a new vision of communities (This doesn't mean that I give the domain name and all access). I will be there to support, give my opinion, advice in order to best manage these communities together. If no one is interested, too bad... Like a flame, communities will go out as soon as they run out of oxygen.

If you are motivated and interested, contact me on Discord and we can discuss the terms. This remains volunteering, the communities don't generate enough money to benefit from it and thus be paid each month.

 

Sincerely,
ASIKOO

  • Metin2 Dev 3
  • Dislove 2
  • Sad 13
  • Cry 5
  • Confused 1
  • Good 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/
Share on other sites

Oh no! Now the second administrator is leaving, and I still don't have VIP status! I registered just 2 days after DEV was founded. This is so frustrating, oh man.

So, I'm really sad that we won't have your order here anymore. You've done a lot and given a lot. I think if you don't have motivation, you can't force it, especially when you have so many other things in real life that may require motivation. Thank you for your "support" in quotes because you didn't give me VIP. As mentioned above, some people here will miss you. ?

  • Eyes 1
  • Smile Tear 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/#findComment-159450
Share on other sites

  • Former Staff

You have until the end of the month to send me your applications / questions.

You are free to ask me any questions you deem useful for applying.
Therefore, answer the following questions for your application :

  • How do you see the role of administrator?
  • Do you have short and long term plans?
  • Eyes 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/#findComment-159460
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I recently returned to the world of Metin2, after many years. Yet, one of the prominent personalities is you. It's really sad to know that we have reached the end of a cycle. I hope it's not a real goodbye, but a goodbye.

  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/#findComment-159683
Share on other sites

Very sad to hear that we are losing a well-known personality in the scene. I wish you all the best. I hope the forum still exists. The information collected here over the years is too bad for the community to lose. It would take the community back to the beginning.

  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/#findComment-159698
Share on other sites

  • Former Staff

Sunday, 23h59m59s (UTC+2), is the latest deadline to contact me.
After that all applications will be ignored.

Then the new administrator will be promoted and announced next week.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31286-its-time-to-go/#findComment-159701
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.