Updated at 2023.08.05.

Alternative download links:

This is the hidden content, please
 + 
 +

[40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

My goal was to make a reference r40250 serverfile as official as possible compared to what GF had back when their files got leaked in early 2014.
No new systems added, only bug fixes. While I spent several hours testing, there may still be bugs. Please report bugs to me so I can fix them in the
future, I want to make this project as bug free as possible.

Available languages: EN/DE/HU/FR/CZ/DK/ES/GR/IT/NL/PL/PT/RO/RU/TR
Please read Languages.txt to learn how to change the default EN language.

SSH for VM: root/123456789
MySQL: root/123456789
Ingame: admin/123456789

Aliases and it's commands:

start			cd /usr/metin2/server && sh start.sh
close			cd /usr/metin2/server && sh close.sh
clean			cd /usr/metin2/server && sh clean.sh
backup			cd /usr/metin2/server && sh backup.sh
questcompile		cd /usr/metin2/server/share/locale/english/quest && python2.7 make.py
dbclean			cd /usr/metin2/src/server/db/src && gmake clean
dbdep			cd /usr/metin2/src/server/db/src && gmake dep
dbcompile		cd /usr/metin2/src/server/db/src && gmake -j9
gameclean		cd /usr/metin2/src/server/game/src && gmake clean
gamedep			cd /usr/metin2/src/server/game/src && gmake dep
gamecompile		cd /usr/metin2/src/server/game/src && gmake -j9

Please read Changelog.txt to find more about the changes I made.

Special thanks to:

@Mali for the clean and updated client & server src files.
@Sanchez for the 2014 base client.
@Veltor88 for the translate.lua pack.
@Fazer for the locale_string pack

I made a little video about installing the serverfile (vm) and changing the language:

Spoiler

https://metin2.download/video/MjeXk7vdZ6h8igB758l4sNE7FDaZ5x2J/.mp4
Video reupload: 

PS: I know it's pretty late in 2021 but better than ever 😀

Sincerely,
TMP4

• Metin2 Dev 1329
  • kekw 87
  • Eyes 158
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislove 31
  • Angry 17
  • Not Good 11
  • Sad 14
  • Cry 5
  • Smile Tear 13
  • Think 37
  • Confused 23
  • Scream 36
  • Lmao 22
  • Good 1002
  • muscle 2
  • Love 309
  • Love 2141

• Contributor
19 minutes ago, Sonitex said:

Well done.

Just a small tip if you wish to make updates on the files, add them to a git repository for better clarity and easier update management. 🙂 

My problem is the big files. I's not possible to upload the whole project to Github. However when new version will came out i'm gonna be very clear in Changelog.txt about what I did and where I did, also commenting the source files.

Other thing, as I said in the topic I'm willing to add more languages. If somebody have any locale_xy.eix-epk file from 2014, please send me. It's enough, there are already translate.luas, locale_strings released and i can make item_names.txt & mob_names.txt from client via reverse dump_proto. Thanks in advance!

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 6
  • kekw 2
  • Eyes 1
  • Good 6
  • Love 2
  • Love 3

• Premium
8 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

My problem is the big files. I's not possible to upload the whole project to Github. However when new version will came out i'm gonna be very clear in Changelog.txt about what I did and where I did, also commenting the source files.

Not really familiar with GitHub as I mostly use GitLab and it works perfectly fine there. Add gitignore and exclude every unimportant file such as build files & log files and I am sure you will be able to upload there.

• Metin2 Dev 1

• Contributor
6 minutes ago, Sonitex said:

Not really familiar with GitHub as I mostly use GitLab and it works perfectly fine there. Add gitignore and exclude every unimportant file such as build files & log files and I am sure you will be able to upload there.

I know that I can exclude the unnecceserry files I just said that I can't upload the whole project as is, so in that case it would be seperated. However I think about it.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 4
  • Love 2

https://s5.dosya.tc/server4/3fagc2/locale_de.rar.html

this one is from invoice client 2013. 

• Metin2 Dev 33
  • Angry 1
  • Think 4
  • Confused 5
  • Scream 1
  • Good 17
  • Love 1
  • Love 22
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• Contributor
5 hours ago, Ace said:

https://s5.dosya.tc/server4/3fagc2/locale_de.rar.html

this one is from invoice client 2013. 

Thanks but as you see locale_de was already included. 😄 Also invoice one is more then a year older and missing essential things like DS and Belt.

I'm looking for 2014 RO/PL/TR/CZ or ES or other what's I don't have. I have EN/DE/HU/FR at the moment.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 16
  • Good 4
  • Love 1
  • Love 16

Anyway, thank you for your efforts for the community.

If you still need help with something let us know.

• Good 3
Spoiler

• Contributor

Added CZ/DK/ES/GR/IT/NL/PL/PT/RO/RU/TR languages in V1.1! (Both clientside & serverside)
(VDI still uploading, please wait some minutes) No more changes, if you don't need those languages you're fine.

Spoiler

How was I able to add them? We have official client collection and those have 2013 and 2015 files. While 2013 locales missing some thing and 2015 locales are totally incompatible, I could manage to extend 2013 ones with the missing 2014 things from 2015 locales, to make them 2014-ish what i need. I had to do them one by one, damn it was more time consuming then I first thought 🤣

I really appreciate that you pinned the topics @ASIKOO, thank you!

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 8
  • Scream 3
  • Good 4
  • Love 2
  • Love 16

• Contributor

@TheHypnosis

No, there are no known bug at the moment. However I don't say it is completly bug-free. Report bugs here and I'll keep fixing them as I can.

I've been tested it for several hours and still doing it. Ofc I can't hire a professional software tester team for a free project 😂 

Base src from Mali, here and here you can find more info about the extern side.

• Metin2 Dev 7
  • Love 1
  • Love 10

3 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

@TheHypnosis

No, there are no known bug at the moment. However I don't say it is completly bug-free. Report bugs here and I'll keep fixing them as I can.

I've been tested it for several hours and still doing it. Ofc I can't hire a professional software tester team for a free project 😂 

Base src from Mali, here and here you can find more info about the extern side.

then Good luck to all of us, I hope we can come to the best places

• Good 1

@TMP4 I can supply a reorganized client if anyone is interested...

What I means?

1. All granny files converted to 2.11.0 version, optimalized shaders and without compress. + bonus reorganized textures + optimalized textures, renamed such names and created new string for all things..

2. Reorganized PC, PC2 to better format string and without files whats are not for character works..

2.1 Reorganized all armours too new pack.. + same as things as 1. Point..

And too much things so I can too late add more informations + images about it..

I don't think many people here have a client like that.

EDIT: Btw.. .msm is too reorganized, item proto too (official) and little changes in sourxe.. All can be make.. 

Edited by Cunoo
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 2
  • Love 3

• Contributor
4 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

@TMP4 I can supply a reorganized client if anyone is interested...

What I means?

1. All granny files converted to 2.11.0 version, optimalized shaders and without compress. + bonus reorganized textures + optimalized textures, renamed such names and created new string for all things..

2. Reorganized PC, PC2 to better format string and without files whats are not for character works..

2.1 Reorganized all armours too new pack.. + same as things as 1. Point..

And too much things so I can too late add more informations + images about it..

I don't think many people here have a client like that.

EDIT: Btw.. .msm is too reorganized, item proto too (official) and little changes in sourxe.. All can be make.. 

Thank you but I want to keep this project's client and server 100% official since it is a reference serverfile.

But feel free to release it, I'm sure there are people who loved that optimized client 😇

• Metin2 Dev 4
  • Good 2
  • Love 2

Hey guys, does it make a difference if I only have an "item_list" and "item_desc"? So instead of just "item_desc" I do

"weapons_desc, armor_desc, ohrringe_desc etc" and the same for item_list. Does that lead to laggs or something else?

Speaking of these files, does the client close as with fly files after porting 5 times?

here debug fail: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

Edited by Ace
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Think 1
Spoiler

• Contributor

@Ace If you do that modification I don't think that would cause lags at all. However I'm not gonna provide such modification with the released version because I want to keep this project official, just as Gameforge had these files back in 2014.

I'm pretty sure the client does not close after 5 times of teleport/warp because I would have experienced that a lot while testing 😂

• Metin2 Dev 4
  • Good 2
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Thank you but I want to keep this project's client and server 100% official since it is a reference serverfile.

But feel free to release it, I'm sure there are people who loved that optimized client 😇

True, but true is too just 90% of client are duplicated files + ymir organized structure is really bad.. So this is only offer.. I don't want release it, because I did it for myself.. I only offered this as team work.. Btw. All my work is official like 2014.. New is only structure for better fastest work and simply updates + performance.. And I rewrited all data files to one string + all motlist are same as animation.. This is my work for the last 4 years and it really took me a lot of time.. 

EDIT: Btw. I have too all synchronized mysql tables with source. (originál kraizy just too 2014)

57 minutes ago, Ace said:

Hey guys, does it make a difference if I only have an "item_list" and "item_desc"? So instead of just "item_desc" I do

"weapons_desc, armor_desc, ohrringe_desc etc" and the same for item_list. Does that lead to laggs or something else?

Speaking of these files, does the client close as with fly files after porting 5 times?

here debug fail: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

Why you want did this change? So you can select simple empty space for selected data.. Okey for item_desc maybe but idk 50/50% for sure.. For item_list definitively not.. Just why? You can insert free spaces how much you want.. Btw. I dont think this is performance problem..

Edited by Cunoo
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 2

50 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

Why you want did this change? So you can select simple empty space for selected data.. Okey for item_desc maybe but idk 50/50% for sure.. For item_list definitively not.. Just why? You can insert free spaces how much you want.. Btw. I dont think this is performance problem..

i like it when everything is neat and tidy. we are on metin2dev and not on turkmmo 😛

Edited by Ace
  • Metin2 Dev 33
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 2
  • Scream 1
  • Good 9
  • Love 2
  • Love 14
Spoiler

• Contributor
3 minutes ago, TheHypnosis said:

I'm so confused which one should I start with the original marty files?

Well I don't think it is right to compare a free project to a paid service.
But if you have the money, just buy Marty's. It's 200€ afaik. He made several improvement in the source and having a good, widely tested files.
Marty's goal was to make a better metin2 files with improvements, some newer systems, my goal was to make a reference serverfile (free of charge 😉).

• Metin2 Dev 3
  • Good 2
  • Love 4
  • Love 11

44 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

This is public long time ago.. WTF

Only locale.lua and locale_stringn was public.

Item_names, mob_names.txt, complete clientside. I never seen all these in one place.

Its not hard to do the rest but probably takes a hella lot time so i respect him that he did and made the files public.

Edited by Halodorel
  • Metin2 Dev 3
  • Not Good 1
  • Good 2

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.