How To Install an Metin2 Server on FreeBSD 9 64-bit

Rumor

Why are you posting about the same problem in 2 threads? Also where is your db and game output? You have a warning.

Today this guide does not work with a new server Freebsd and game 40250

I have thought it appropriate to put the post from my mistake, thus update the guide for the game 40250

Someone else happens this with a recently installed freebsd and game 40250?

Sorry for my English

Why are you posting about the same problem in 2 threads? Also where is your db and game output? You have a warning.

I have thought it appropriate to put the post from my mistake, thus update the guide for the game 40250

Sorry for my English

The guide works fine. The guide is only a tutorial of installing things on FreeBSD that Metin2 needs to run. If your game file requires something special, it doesn't mean the tutorial is wrong. It means you need to make the appropriate changes to your installation to support your custom things that are not compatible with a normal install.

• Love 1

Sorry for my English

The guide works fine. The guide is only a tutorial of installing things on FreeBSD that Metin2 needs to run. If your game file requires something special, it doesn't mean the tutorial is wrong. It means you need to make the appropriate changes to your installation to support your custom things that are not compatible with a normal install.

I am using the game of ymir 40250 and db files and the GF.

I used this guide worked fine for a while but something changed in FreeBSD and no longer works

Well it works in 9.2 .. if something changed you changed it.. if "something changed in freebsd" it means you are using a newer version of freebsd :o

What you're saying doesn't make any sense.. you just said it works and then that it "doesn't work anymore". This is a guide for installation, not a guide of preventing your own changes from stopping the server from working. If it worked in the beginning, it has achieved it's goal.

• 5 weeks later...

everything went good but how do i start the server i have it in the directory /home/home/game and there , there is the start.sh but i don't know what code to use

You just need to change your path to match the start script or change the start script to match your path. Use Notepad++ and be patient.

When I try to enter the web page content is blank. Any idea?

I don't remember exactly which setting it was but it's related to something in the nginx.conf I think.

everything went good but how do i start the server i have it in the directory /home/home/game and there , there is the start.sh but i don't know what code to use

You just need to change your path to match the start script or change the start script to match your path. Use Notepad++ and be patient.

When I try to enter the web page content is blank. Any idea?

I don't remember exactly which setting it was but it's related to something in the nginx.conf I think.

Solved. is php.ini settings

Hello, I`m trying to follow this tut, but at step 4. Compat7x, i`m getting this error

Unable to get

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9.2-r elease/Latest/compat7x-amd64.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no acc ess)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages- 9.2-release/Latest/compat7x-amd64.tbz' by URL

what can i do?

"FIXED! "

I had old version of freebsd

• 3 weeks later...

hi,at point 5 i have this error:

root@mfsbsd:~ # service mysql-server start
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
/etc/rc.conf: mysql: not found
Cannot 'start' mysql. Set mysql_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use 'onestart' instead of 'start'.

i use freebsd 9.2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm stuck on step 1 of this tutorial. When i run "portsnap fetch extract" i get this: "Looking up portsnap. FreeBSD,org mirrors.... none found. Fetching public key from portsnap.FreeBSD.org...failed. No mirrors remaining, giving up." Apparently i did something wrong with setting up freeBSD network or something... Has anyone any clue what could i do wrong? Is there maybe any good tutorial how to install metin2 to freeBSD (including freeBSD installation)?

Thank you for all your help.

• Bot

hi,at point 5 i have this error:

root@mfsbsd:~ # service mysql-server start
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
/etc/rc.conf: mysql: not found
Cannot 'start' mysql. Set mysql_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use 'onestart' instead of 'start'.

i use freebsd 9.2

try deinstalling mysql

english_banner.gif

• Bot

Hi!

I'm stuck on step 1 of this tutorial. When i run "portsnap fetch extract" i get this: "Looking up portsnap. FreeBSD,org mirrors.... none found. Fetching public key from portsnap.FreeBSD.org...failed. No mirrors remaining, giving up." Apparently i did something wrong with setting up freeBSD network or something... Has anyone any clue what could i do wrong? Is there maybe any good tutorial how to install metin2 to freeBSD (including freeBSD installation)?

Thank you for all your help.

if you are using virtual machine . DONT RUN fetch with hamachi connection  , connect it with your internet and it will just work fine

english_banner.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hey m2dev, i just wanted to ask, in what should i rename this future file?

user  www;
worker_processes  2;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
    multi_accept on;
}

worker_rlimit_nofile    20000;

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

#log_format  main  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
   #                  '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
   #                  '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

#access_log  logs/access.log  main;
    sendfile    on;
    keepalive_timeout  10;
    client_max_body_size 64M;
    server_tokens off;
    client_body_buffer_size 128k;
    keepalive_requests 10000;
    reset_timedout_connection on;
    send_timeout 5;
    open_file_cache max=20000 inactive=20s;
    open_file_cache_valid 30s;
    open_file_cache_min_uses 2;
    open_file_cache_errors on;
    directio  50m;

server {
                listen 80;
                server_name www.patch.mysite.com;
                rewrite ^(.*)$ $scheme://patch.mysite.com$1;
        }

server {
                types {
                        application/octet-stream lz;
                        text/plain xml;
                        text/css css;
                }

listen       80;
                server_name  patch.mysite.com;
                root /usr/local/www/nginx/patch.mysite.com;
                rewrite  ^/$  /index.php  permanent;
                index  index.php;

location ~*  .(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|ico|css|js)$ {
                        expires 7d;
                }

location ~ .php$ {
         try_files $uri =404;
         fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
         fastcgi_index index.php;
         fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
         fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
         include fastcgi_params;
      }

location ~ /. {
                        deny all;
                }

}
}

cause when i add it on nginx.conf it gives an error that i doesnt can use "rewrite" and some others features :x

have i done something wrong? i just installed all
i can acces to the nginx index.html trhought direct server IP, but i doesnt advance since that u,u

any suggestion? thanks for your how2 again xD

• 4 weeks later...

this is not working on game 40k +

you mean 40k+ isn't working on freebsd..

explain your error or nobody can help you.. simply saying it isn't working isn't going to get anyone anyhwere

i last time give error and anyone no help but okey here problems

Screen_Shot_09_23_14_at_04_08_PM.jpg

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.