How To Compile the Source code on FreeBSD

Exynox

Description:

Today's New Year's eve, and I felt that I should help the people who can't compile the gamecore/db on FreeBSD, because of the library mess that's usually going on - most people compile DevIL, mysqlclient etc from the ports collection, as this takes a lot of time, hardware resources, and even knowledge for some.

Given this situation, I've decided to compile from the official sources of all the required libraries, and tidy a bit up the all lib-includes files, by putting them all into the Extern folder (link below). This allows to brush away some stuff from the Server folder:

(Yay, it's so clean and shiny  :wub: )

MhSYd.png

I've also changed the makefiles according to the needs (link also below).

This pre-done stuff should easy the process of compilation a lot for others, not to mention that it should work on all branches (I'm gonna test this next year lol  :rolleyes: )

Usage:

• Decompress your Server folder from your favourite branch, and upload it to a FreeBSD machine, which has gmake, makedepend and python installed. Nothing more is needed (except for gcc/g++ ofc).
  • Upload the Extern.tgz archive into the same folder where you put the Server folder, and extract it.
  • Patch the Makefiles in the Server folder with the ones from Makefiles.zip.
  • Compile using gmake / gmake all / gmake game / gmake db from within the Server folder.

Video (da n00b prooph part):

Note: my English pronounciation isn't that great; I'll be adding subtitles asap.

Downloads:

Extern.tgz: https://mega.co.nz/#!EZMzxD4R!w1HSgj5F14-K0nB2oLOMzvXZan-UOVKtYjNiGjc3Ioo

Makefiles.zip: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZY1FGBzD!3tgmBRLfAfVTwC-qWo4oDAW2sq_jkGX7gADzkExn3_c

Happy New Year!  :lol:

You Are BIG BOSS !!! I went to the instructions and IT WORKS ! Thank you very much boss ! :D

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h: In member function 'bool CryptoPP::NameValuePairs::GetValue(const char*, T&) const [with T = std::string]':
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h:277:   instantiated from here
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h:264: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h: In member function 'bool CryptoPP::NameValuePairs::GetValue(const char*, T&) const [with T = int]':
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h:283:   instantiated from here
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h:264: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

What with this? Thanks

Plz help-me ?

• Premium

../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h: In member function 'bool CryptoPP::NameValuePairs::GetValue(const char*, T&) const [with T = std::string]':
../../../Extern/include/cryptopp/cryptlib.h: In member function 'bool CryptoPP::NameValuePairs::GetValue(const char*, T&) const [with T = int]':

What with this? Thanks

Plz help-me ?

Try:

Add this in your makefile: (CFLAGS)

-fno-strict-aliasing
Edited by cCorax

What with this? Thanks

Plz help-me ?

Try:

Add this in your makefile: (CFLAGS)

-fno-strict-aliasing

Not working :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium

Hey, first good job.
I'll do the whole thing again but in German.
And I made a script that almost everything installed)

the video then comes soon on my channel;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3J9ICDf_g  <---video!

I love the German language so much :wub:. I wish I could speak it better.

Anyway, the shell script is a nice idea, didn't thought of that. Nice job too!

• Love 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.