Server crash on window moving

Go to solution Solved by lTz,

Hello, so right now i discovered 1 bug , a big one to

So when i connect to the server nothing happen all god i can play the game

When i connect and start to move the game window around the game froze and the server crash

My only err is in the client side :

Phase HandShake does not handle this header (header: 86, last: 250, 86)

idk the reason i will come back later with the core dump , maybe that will help

Ty

Edit
core_dump

#0  CItem::GetName (this=0x50a38740) at item.h:104
#1  0x08192fd0 in ITEM_MANAGER::CreateItem (this=0xffffa3a8, vnum=41012,
    count=1, id=10003202, bTryMagic=false, iRarePct=-1, bSkipSave=false)
    at item_manager.cpp:178
#2  0x0816ab87 in CInputDB::ItemLoad (d=<optimized out>,
    c_pData=<optimized out>, this=<optimized out>)
    at ../../common/singleton.h:24
#3  0x0816d5b6 in CInputDB::Analyze (d=0xffff9cf8,
    c_pData=0x2a019e6e "]participante.", bHeader=0 '\000', this=0x2a8d647c)
    at input_db.cpp:3128
#4  CInputDB::Process (this=0x2a8d647c, d=0x2a8d6000, orig=0x2af9fe80,
    bytes=21875, r_iBytesProceed=@0xffff9cf8: 1857) at input_db.cpp:3491
#5  0x0812f7ee in DESC::ProcessInput (this=0x2a8d6000) at desc.cpp:312
#6  0x08294601 in io_loop (fdw=0x295b1540) at main.cpp:1022
#7  0x082947a1 in idle () at main.cpp:915
#8  idle () at main.cpp:884
#9  0x0807541d in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>)
    at main.cpp:553

i don't see why it crash from an item or something cuz it was doing the same crash even before adding that , so rn my only lead is the client sys
Phase HandShake does not handle this header (header: 86, last: 250, 86)

Edited by lTz

ty for answer
i tried an /ip all
i deleted that item nothing worked
the main problem is that when i log in the game and press start and the loading window come if i move the game window around a lot the server crashes
if i dont move it is ok

i gues is because when i move the window the game freeze and data are kept floating and never reaching the server
this is my ques i may be wrong

• Premium
4 minutes ago, lTz said:

ty for answer
i tried an /ip all
i deleted that item nothing worked
the main problem is that when i log in the game and press start and the loading window come if i move the game window around a lot the server crashes
if i dont move it is ok

i gues is because when i move the window the game freeze and data are kept floating and never reaching the server
this is my ques i may be wrong

Its a test server? Did you also try truncating the player.item table?

I don't see any logic relation by the "move" you were explaining 😨

yes is a test server
all stuff is repaired ,fixed in the limit that i can
i don't know either why it does that , the problem is that beside that core dump i got nothing else
and about the move
the client window when is getting moved at the speed of light it make the game froze and then server crash idk how to how but its happening 🙂
 ty for ur answers

• Solution

hi , ty all for ur answers
i finaly found the problem
That item was somehow dupping in my inventory , and that was what made the sv crash (hard to see that cuz that item was invisible and stacked over another visible one, and no sys)
but i stil don't get why was crashing the server just when i move the window around , normal login didn;t have any problem
As for the window freeze i try this one

and i make it so i cant right click the window to so it avoid game freze

Ty all

• Premium
6 hours ago, lTz said:

That item was somehow dupping in my inventory , and that was what made the sv crash (hard to see that cuz that item was invisible and stacked over another visible one, and no sys)
but i stil don't get why was crashing the server just when i move the window around , normal login didn;t have any problem

Ty all

That's why I told to truncate the player.item table, but surely you didn't understand what I was meaning.

Good luck.

• Contributor
Spoiler

On 1/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, lTz said:

Ty all

That's just some experiment I fucked around with, but it doesn't fix all the ways one could freeze the client(read the comments) and I also consider it unstable(doesn't work at all with py3).

Had no time to make an update, but anyway, I would avoid going live with it.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Amun said:
  Hide contents

That's just some experiment I fucked around with, but it doesn't fix all the ways one could freeze the client(read the comments) and I also consider it unstable(doesn't work at all with py3).

Had no time to make an update, but anyway, I would avoid going live with it.

Hi, and ty for answer 

I already tried with p3 and the only bug i found was that the client crash when over 2 clients are on on multiple occasions(this happen if in dungeon with multiple players but not everytime i think is a memory problem)(just for me idk others)

I use 2.7 rn and all feels good, i even edited ur code so that it work with right click as well (hope u don't mind that )

Ty for ur release and have a good time

If u don't mind i can look into it and give updates 

Edited by lTz
  • Love 1

• Contributor
On 1/7/2024 at 8:57 PM, lTz said:

Hi, and ty for answer 

I already tried with p3 and the only bug i found was that the client crash when over 2 clients are on on multiple occasions(this happen if in dungeon with multiple players but not everytime i think is a memory problem)(just for me idk others)

I use 2.7 rn and all feels good, i even edited ur code so that it work with right click as well (hope u don't mind that )

Ty for ur release and have a good time

If u don't mind i can look into it and give updates 

No worries, feel free to do whatever you want with it. I just wanted to give you a heads up because most people just copy/paste the code without even reading/trying to understand what's going on and then come back crying that their shit breaks or isn't working properly(even if I explicitly said it's an experiment or a first version that should only be used as base).

Hell yeah, if you have the time to look more into it and find some permanent(or better) fix, feel free to do so, that'd be great.

Cheers!

- Amun

Edit: Came up with a permanent, stable fix. The previous answers no longer apply.

Edited by Amun
Update regarding freeze fix