Hack GameMaster Effect Fix

Draveniou1

Hello. Today we made the effect on [GM]

Players can not put the effect with the hack because now we put a count in GameMaster 🙂

This code counts [GM] from ran 3 to 5

Before there was no counting and he could count from LOW_WIZARD to the point in order to do the opposite and count the players as [GM] with the hack

😘😎

After this fix you can try to test hack GM effe  🙂    

1. Open char.cpp
search:
		if(GetGMLevel() > GM_LOW_WIZARD)
		{
			m_afAffectFlag.Set(AFF_YMIR);
			m_bPKMode = PK_MODE_PROTECT;
		}

change with:

if(GetGMLevel() >= 3 && GetGMLevel() <= 5)
		{
		}

• Sad 1
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Lmao 3
  • Good 1

• Contributor

The GM logo hack are not coming from a serverside error. There is a totally unnceserry SetAffect function in the client what allows players to have GM logo, but only they can see it, others can't, it's just visual. You can remove it in PythonCharacterManagerModule.cpp

{ "SetAffect", chrmgrSetAffect, METH_VARARGS },

But once again, that is only a visual hack in clientside, nothing serious. If your players really can claim a real GM affect in serverside then you have a much bigger problem...

he could count from LOW_WIZARD to the point in order to do the opposite and count the players as [GM] with the hack

If they actually could do such magic in your serverside then they could use GM commands in the same way, since the command's check works the same:

if (cmd_info[icmd].gm_level && cmd_info[icmd].gm_level > ch->GetGMLevel()) // cmd.cpp, it's the same because cmd_info contains gm_level like GM_LOW_WIZARD....

I know you'll write that it is how you fixed and you have 1.000 players but at least provide us a sample code for that magic svside hack because at this point you are drinking wine and preach water.

I'm playing Metin2 more than 10 years but I never saw a single server where a player could actually get a REAL serverside GM affect.

Edited by TMP4
  • Lmao 2
  • Love 2

• Forum Moderator

This is just a local hack that displays the effect. You can add whatever check on the server and it won't change anything except for LOW_WIZARD and WIZARD ranks. Your code is actually doing this:

if(GetGMLevel() >= GM_HIGH_WIZARD && GetGMLevel() <= GM_IMPLEMENTOR)
{
}

Edited by Gurgarath

Gurgarath
coming soon

10 hours ago, Gurgarath said:

This is just a local hack that displays the effect. You can add whatever check on the server and it won't change anything except for LOW_WIZARD and WIZARD ranks. Your code is actually doing this:

if(GetGMLevel() >= GM_HIGH_WIZARD && GetGMLevel() <= GM_IMPLEMENTOR)
{
}

We who tried packet hack can not have [GM] effect also make this correction and try packet hack in [GM] effect

Cannot hack packet on GM Effect

10 hours ago, TMP4 said:

The GM logo hack are not coming from a serverside error. There is a totally unnceserry SetAffect function in the client what allows players to have GM logo, but only they can see it, others can't, it's just visual. You can remove it in PythonCharacterManagerModule.cpp

{ "SetAffect", chrmgrSetAffect, METH_VARARGS },

But once again, that is only a visual hack in clientside, nothing serious. If your players really can claim a real GM affect in serverside then you have a much bigger problem...

If they actually could do such magic in your serverside then they could use GM commands in the same way, since the command's check works the same:

if (cmd_info[icmd].gm_level && cmd_info[icmd].gm_level > ch->GetGMLevel()) // cmd.cpp, it's the same because cmd_info contains gm_level like GM_LOW_WIZARD....

I know you'll write that it is how you fixed and you have 1.000 players but at least provide us a sample code for that magic svside hack because at this point you are drinking wine and preach water.

I'm playing Metin2 more than 10 years but I never saw a single server where a player could actually get a REAL serverside GM affect.

Correct  and try to hack packet [GM] effect and then tell me if players can hack with GM Effect through packages

Try hacking the GM effect and tell me later

• Sad 1
  • Lmao 2

• Contributor
2 hours ago, Draveniou1 said:

We who tried packet hack can not have [GM] effect also make this correction and try packet hack in [GM] effect

Cannot hack packet on GM Effect

Correct  and try to hack packet [GM] effect and then tell me if players can hack with GM Effect through packages

Try hacking the GM effect and tell me later

There is no packet hack for getting a serverside GM affect as a player. As I said I never saw anything like that in any server, and if your server's players could really get one, you have a big trouble in your source. If you believe there are any hack like that, once again include a sample code. (You can't because it is not exists, but if you will and it's working I'll apologize)

There are only a clientside SetAffect function JUST VISIBLE FOR YOU what is totally different from the char.cpp's if(GetGMLevel() > GM_LOW_WIZARD) { m_afAffectFlag.Set(AFF_YMIR);... check because it only happens on clientside.

Not to mention Gurgarath is totally right, you are not doing anything on char.cpp besides you take away the GM affect from GM_WIZARD because that is number 2 and not 3.

Spoiler

I appreciate you trying to add to the community and I don’t want to offend you in any way, but you’re simply wrong a lot.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1

4 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

There is no packet hack for getting a serverside GM affect as a player. As I said I never saw anything like that in any server, and if your server's players could really get one, you have a big trouble in your source. If you believe there are any hack like that, once again include a sample code. (You can't because it is not exists.)

There are only a clientside SetAffect function JUST VISIBLE FOR YOU what is totally different from the char.cpp's if(GetGMLevel() > GM_LOW_WIZARD) { m_afAffectFlag.Set(AFF_YMIR);... check because it only happens on clientside.

Not to mention Gurgarath is totally right, you are not doing anything on char.cpp besides you take away the GM affect from GM_WIZARD because that is number 2 and not 3.

Hide contents

I appreciate you trying to add to the community and I don’t want to offend you in any way, but you’re simply wrong a lot.

in this way I solved my problem

And I thought it would help more users who have some problems, so I posted it

• Contributor
4 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

in this way I solved my problem

And I thought it would help more users who have some problems, so I posted it

What is your answer about including a sample code?

1. Yes you will 
  2. No, you can't

If you include one to prove there was a real serverside GM affect hack what no one has discovered for more than decade, I'll apologise!

Edited by TMP4
  • Good 1

11 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

What is your answer about including a sample code?

1. Yes you will 
  2. No, you can't

If you include one to prove there was a real serverside GM affect hack what no one has discovered for more than decade, I'll apologise!

I will not post about how you do it because surely many do afterwards. If you decrypt metin2client.exe and create a separate package that signals the login after everything is done I have also tried it on many servers that have been built. I just posted it for those who have this issue

You do not have GM code, the problem is that you have GM effect

@ TMP4  if you do not have such problems then you will not do this fix 🙂

Edited by Draveniou1

• Contributor
16 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

I will not post about how you do it because surely many do afterwards. If you decrypt metin2client.exe and create a separate package that signals the login after everything is done I have also tried it on many servers that have been built. I just posted it for those who have this issue

You do not have GM code, the problem is that you have GM effect

@ TMP4  if you do not have such problems then you will not do this fix 🙂

I have a VPS with a test server, I can give you a test account and the client (same as this, you can have source too...), will you join and prove your words that you discovered something what no one else did since a decade?

1 minute ago, TMP4 said:

I have a VPS with a test server, I can give you a test account and the client (same as this, you can have source too...), will you join and prove your words that you discovered something what no one else did since a decade?

As said. is on specific servers you may not have this problem

I made the post for those who have this problem

It is good to put this fix

But we can see if you have this problem

• Contributor
16 hours ago, Draveniou1 said:

As said. is on specific servers you may not have this problem

I made the post for those who have this problem

It is good to put this fix

But we can see if you have this problem

Nice, I'll send the IP and the login in DM for you. Please download the client from here: https://metin2.dev/topic/27610-40250-reference-serverfile-client-src-15-available-languages/ and edit the ip in serverinfo.py what I give you.

Edit: We tried and the conclusion was that it is not possible to hack a serverside GM affect in a basic source 😀 

Edited by TMP4
  • Good 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.