client and server or source ?

Go to solution Solved by Metin2 Dev,

• Contributor
1 hour ago, Chyu ^^ said:

How can he learn something then?

36 minutes ago, .T4Ump said:

Stfu, stop being totally pussy.

What i am saying is that there are a lot of people like him who wants everything on gold plate without even trying to search :facepalm:

• Love 1

My only accounts are here and on M2D, Don't trust anyone else from other shitty sites.
266868740522639360.png

11 minutes ago, MrQuin said:

What i am saying is that there are a lot of people like him who wants everything on gold plate without even trying to search :facepalm:

i'm computer science student and I know very well how to search Because my field taught me this
The answer to my question allows me to learn in a faster time 

When I add something somewhere I do not know why it was specifically added to that place , So I asked

9 hours ago, Chyu ^^ said:

You would give an example.

if i want to add form with some button and when i click to this button do specific thing 

and when  i should add something in source

and when add something in source when i do it in client source and when do it in server source
thx for your time :)

• Love 1

• Bot
4 minutes ago, dx11 said:

i'm computer science student and I know very well how to search Because my field taught me this
The answer to my question allows me to learn in a faster time 

When I add something somewhere I do not know why it was specifically added to that place , So I asked

if i want to add form with some button and when i click to this button do specific thing 

and when  i should add something in source

and when add something in source when i do it in client source and when do it in server source
thx for your time :)

In most common way the UI is creating in Python. You can find it in Root (implementation) and UIScript (coding) but sometimes in Locale too (ehhh...).

english_banner.gif

2 minutes ago, Chyu ^^ said:

But you have to give us some example of what you want to add.

I do not have an idea now but I think there are basics I would like to know in order to discover the rest

5 minutes ago, Chyu ^^ said:

In most common way the UI is creating in Python. You can find it in Root (implementation) and UIScript (coding) but sometimes in Locale too (ehhh...).

thnx
can you give me some situations modification should be in source and some modification in client and serverside

• Bot
  • Solution
3 hours ago, dx11 said:

can you give me some situations modification should be in source and some modification in client and serverside

There are only a few things you can edit on server if you don't want to touch a core (core is a file that is generated by compiling the sources).
The biggest section that serverside allows you is writing a quests. Those can be used for handling the dungeons or stores or just some kind of story line.
Next thing you can do on server is just about localization and some configuration of how is server working (based on your experience this is not related to you yet).

With editing source you can edit literally anything you want. Behaviour of spells, way of how you increase your skills, stacking behaviour, polymorph options and may other things. In a nutshell you, you can fix security issues, increase performance and create system you are not able to create without them (obviously lol).

Because M2 server is clever in that way it checks what is client doing, there are required changes in client sources too. But! Some changes could be done by editing only one of them. For example you don't need to edit server source if you want to add your custom effect for a weapon or you don't need to edit client source if you want to increase maximal level.

Last thing are packages. Here are stored data like 3D models, 2D graphics, sounds, icons, skyboxes, etc. Although there is coded our own "API" which provides Python to communicate with client binary that is written in C++ (mainly). Any UI you see in in packages too, look into UIScript.

Please consider I'm not calling myself as a developer so there could be some mistakes. We have more experienced guys here who could describe it more clearly.

Look, this could help you at the begining:

• Love 1

english_banner.gif

3 hours ago, Chyu ^^ said:

There are only a few things you can edit on server if you don't want to touch a core (core is a file that is generated by compiling the sources).
The biggest section that serverside allows you is writing a quests. Those can be used for handling the dungeons or stores or just some kind of story line.
Next thing you can do on server is just about localization and some configuration of how is server working (based on your experience this is not related to you yet).

With editing source you can edit literally anything you want. Behaviour of spells, way of how you increase your skills, stacking behaviour, polymorph options and may other things. In a nutshell you, you can fix security issues, increase performance and create system you are not able to create without them (obviously lol).

Because M2 server is clever in that way it checks what is client doing, there are required changes in client sources too. But! Some changes could be done by editing only one of them. For example you don't need to edit server source if you want to add your custom effect for a weapon or you don't need to edit client source if you want to increase maximal level.

Last thing are packages. Here are stored data like 3D models, 2D graphics, sounds, icons, skyboxes, etc. Although there is coded our own "API" which provides Python to communicate with client binary that is written in C++ (mainly). Any UI you see in in packages too, look into UIScript.

Please consider I'm not calling myself as a developer so there could be some mistakes. We have more experienced guys here who could describe it more clearly.

Look, this could help you at the begining:

thanks for your efforts and time :)