Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Premium

Hello all.

I have a huge problem with the patcher. If i start the patcher, (a full clear patcher, where only the website url edited) this error show up in the patcher:

spacer.png

 

this file it does not exist.

 

The patchlist.exe is good, and there is also not exist this "minicompat.pyc"

im using 40k files whitch is made By.Cower (its a HU src+client)

 

(the last 2 client what i used, the patcher worked perfectly)

 

Can someone help me?

 

Sorry for my horrible english.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Ulthar

Do anyone know how to download new patcher from running patcher? Just I have packaged patcher with binary (enigma) and I cant overwrite running patcher.. I have idea.. Just patcher download new patcher in .zip and after download just close, unpack and run new patcher. Any help?

  • Premium

I tried to run without it, and some effects are bugged... (maybe not the .pyc file's problem)

 

BUT: in the patchlist.txt everything is ok, and all .pyc files have size. (more than 0kb)

And i dont know what is the problem...

Edited by Ulthar

Ulthar

  • 2 months later...
On 7/27/2015 at 12:10 PM, Minton said:

Require administrator priviliges:

Right click on the project -> Add -> New Item -> Application Manifest File

Search this:
 


<requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />

 

Replace with this:
 


<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />

 

HI, can anyone help? i cant create app manifest.. 

  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Contributor
On 6/20/2020 at 2:24 AM, BeauDeCiuda said:

virus : 

This is the hidden content, please

On 6/20/2020 at 6:28 AM, TMP4 said:

 

Sanchez's upload does not even contain an exe lol.

Your got virus probably because of a pirated visual studio, or already infected machine.

 

If you compile it in a legal vs, it will only produce 2 false positive by noname antivirus. It is because it connects to the internet and downloads files.

Btw this patcher does not have any "extern" or "lib" so it is 100% open source, you can see every files, only .cs, resx, sln, vcproj,

these are text files so you can see what's inside them.

So a year passed and my 2 false positive increased to 16

This is the hidden content, please
.

(Still not 38 like the guy above but it's high enough..)

Anyone have any idea what part of the code cause these alerts or how to fix?

While it's the best open source patcher it's not really usable now, because the 16 hit contains Malwarebytes/Microsoft/ESET-NOD32/GData and those are pretty popular.

  • Metin2 Dev 25
  • Sad 1
  • Cry 1
  • Confused 1
  • Good 3
  • Love 6
  • Honorable Member
1 hour ago, TMP4 said:

So a year passed and my 2 false positive increased to 16

This is the hidden content, please
.

(Still not 38 like the guy above but it's high enough..)

Anyone have any idea what part of the code cause these alerts or how to fix?

While it's the best open source patcher it's not really usable now, because the 16 hit contains Malwarebytes/Microsoft/ESET-NOD32/GData and those are pretty popular.

the code does not cause this, I had the same problem before at visual studio.

It is not patcher's fault.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-c-script-detected-as-trojan-virus/f5c8962c-0787-4594-8d1e-3ba5475b7892

Edited by Mali
  • Metin2 Dev 11
  • Think 1
  • Good 4
  • Love 2

 

  • Contributor
15 minutes ago, Mali said:

the code does not cause this, I had the same problem before at visual studio.

It is not patcher's fault.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-c-script-detected-as-trojan-virus/f5c8962c-0787-4594-8d1e-3ba5475b7892

"It is not patcher's fault." I know, I'm used this for years, even the same exe what had 2 alerts goes to 15+ as of today.

I read that microsoft answers page but looks like there's no solution for this problem?

23 minutes ago, Cunoo said:

Using this patcher 5 years and I never had problem same as my players.. Never problem with antivirus... 

Can you upload your compiled patcher for me or tell your server's url? I'm just curious if it had the same false positive rate.

Edited by TMP4
  • Contributor
2 minutes ago, Karbust said:

I've also used this patcher as a base for years and never had any problem with antiviruses...

Microsoft Defender currently not detecting it, that's why. Can you scan your patcher exe at virsutotal or upload it for me? I'm just curious about your false positive rate.

Edited by TMP4
  • Management
17 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Microsoft Defender currently not detecting it, that's why. Can you scan your patcher exe at virsutotal or upload it for me? I'm just curious about your false positive rate.

After all, it's getting detected. I haven't used this patcher in almost 2 years. I made a fresh compilation just in case.

This is the hidden content, please

I'm currently using the patcher I made in Electron, it isn't being detected.

This is the hidden content, please

  • Metin2 Dev 23
  • Angry 1
  • Confused 1
  • Good 8
  • Love 9

raw

raw

  • Contributor
21 minutes ago, Karbust said:

After all, it's getting detected. I haven't used this patcher in almost 2 years. I made a fresh compilation just in case.

This is the hidden content, please

I'm currently using the patcher I made in Electron, it isn't being detected.

This is the hidden content, please

I will have a look on your patcher thanks because looks like it's not possible to solve this detection here,
it's 100% on Visual Studio and Antivirus vendors side unfortunately.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Management
1 minute ago, TMP4 said:

I will have a look on your patcher thanks because looks like it's not possible to solve this detection, it's 100% on Visual Studio and Antivirus vendors side unfortunately.

You could also probably try using JetBrains's CLion with Qt, or only Qt (C++).

CLion CMake's projects are also detected by Windows Defender, but the final executable isn't.

For C#, you could try JetBrains's Rider. It doesn't require Visual Studio installed, only .NET.

  • Good 1

raw

raw

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Premium
1 hour ago, GoldCash said:

Hi guys i have this error from the patcher 

 

Can anyone help me with this?

Check your ip in the globals.cs

oMfsimx.png

Spoiler

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

Ulthar

3 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

If you open your link in a browser does that work? If not, it's not related to the patcher. 
You need a working webserver.

And i must write IP adress? Or I can use the domain name?

Edited by GoldCash

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.