Prepare yourselves for vanilla 2.2

changelog

+ moved from c++99 to c++11

+ DB can now start without txt-files!

+ command_log works now properly

+ Putting things for 0 gold in the shop works now properly

+ 6/7 bonus works now properly

+ rewrote test-server module:

If test-mode is activated all logs and information will be provided as you may remember it. But people won't be able to use admin commands (commands for IMPLEMENTOR) unless their account is written in the gmtable. This helps you keeping the damage low in case someone's getting able to enable the test-mode. Users won't be able to use implementor-commands unless you've specified they have the permission to.

Please tell me what features you want to see in 2.2 so I can implement them before I release it.

• Love 3

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

changelog

If test-mode is activated all logs and information will be provided as you may remember it. But people won't be able to use admin commands (commands for IMPLEMENTOR) unless their account is written in the gmtable. This helps you keeping the damage low in case someone's getting able to enable the test-mode. Users won't be able to use implementor-commands unless you've specified they have the permission to.

Please tell me what features you want to see in 2.2 so I can implement them before I release it.

It would be great if you can compile the game for the windows files to :)

• Honorable Member

You should provide a config setting for use the old test-server because I use this to be able to use all commands with every account without set this account in gmlist.

changelog

ah need optimize for localhost (virtualbox) so internal ip

and players will be still getting loggin kick with surakopf so localserver if you can recover us from surakopf it would be nice

thanks

changelog

How about plugin system, four inventorys and longer passwords?

changelog

when coming 2.2 version so maybe hope today really we are eagerly waiting :)

Thanks for your replies.

There will be new CONFIG-options in 2.2:

test_server_protect: 1/0

1 = enabled. 0 = disabled. For security reasons this option is enabled by default. If you want to run a test server, just disable it and everything will be fine.

log_level: 0/1/2/3

0 = no logs will be created or used.

1 = logs will be provided in mySQL. Main log files will be used (command_log, hack-logs)

2 = All MySQL-logs are enabled.

3 = All MySQL-logs are enabled. Addtionally the server will create a syslog so you can monitor everything.

By default the log-level is defined as 3.

I'll work on the password limit.

Inventory size and plugin system are future developments. I guess they'll only be present in 2.5+

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

Thanks for your replies.

1 = enabled. 0 = disabled. For security reasons this option is enabled by default. If you want to run a test server, just disable it and everything will be fine.

1 = logs will be provided in mySQL. Main log files will be used (command_log, hack-logs)

3 = All MySQL-logs are enabled. Addtionally the server will create a syslog so you can monitor everything.

Inventory size and plugin system are future developments. I guess they'll only be present in 2.5+

ah what is internal ip status and players getting kick loggin so recover us from surakopf please

As mentioned in one of the previous posts I've looked for the internal ip. I'll provide a new CONFIG option to disable this checkup (and setting it like it's in the dif file to 0.0.0.0).

the exe should work without any errors then.

2.2 will be released within this week, I guess it'd be something like Friday. But I'm not very sure, maybe earlier.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

As mentioned in one of the previous posts I've looked for the internal ip. I'll provide a new CONFIG option to disable this checkup (and setting it like it's in the dif file to 0.0.0.0).

the exe should work without any errors then.

2.2 will be released within this week, I guess it'd be something like Friday. But I'm not very sure, maybe earlier.

ahh awesome so thanks we waiting still

@Vanilla, exp is too low.. When you increase exp rate on database and in priv_empire when you kill mobs your exp go - low .. Not gain exp, always down..

In  2.2 can you set a exp table load from .txt file ? we write in text file all exp levels and exps

Example : 

level1[tab]150

level2[tab]550

level3[tab]1245

level4[tab]34212

I hope you understand my english :) 

• Silver

Thanks for your replies.

Can you add pm log to new version please?

I will never add pm logging functions. private messages are private.

The only thing I can imagine is logging messages blocked by the chat filter.

@Maslovicz: Try to install my libs in the metin2-directory mentioned.

• Love 1

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

I will never add pm logging functions. private messages are private.

The only thing I can imagine is logging messages blocked by the chat filter.

@Maslovicz: Try to install my libs in the metin2-directory mentioned.

already installed in /usr/local/lib32/metin2

not working, same error

tested on 8.3 and 9.0 32bit

New information for v2.2

I've fixed a lot of issues! There were many conversions and warnings, I've fixed most of them. There are just some unused variables but I'm not too sure about them so at first I'm going to leave them and delete them later. Maybe, if they're really unnecessary, they won't make it to v2.2 which would be great. At least it should have more stability since I've changed a lot of unsigned to signed comparisons.

There is some cool new stuff.

I've changed the test_server_protect option to "new_test_server".

Additionally you can now check the hosts (if you have some gm's with static ip's or let them only have gm rights if they connect through a special proxy). You can - of course - just not enable this setting (it's off by default) or just enable it and use *.*.*.* if you want every ip to use gm rights. For this I introduce a new CONFIG option to you:

new_gm_host_check: 1/0

The new procedure for checking your gm rights does no longer depend on your locale.

The new_test_server is only a setting for the gm rights! If the server is no test-server, it'll just use the default routine. If it's a test server this option will enable a checkup if the account is listed in your gmlist. If it's not, the user will automatically get HIGH_WIZARD. If he is listed, he'll automatically get IMPLEMENTOR.

There's also a new security patch applied to 2.2

This one's targeting the API. It'll now set adminpage_ip to localhost if it's not defined or you're using the new CONFIG option:

adminpage_no_localhost: 1/0

Additionally the whole API is disabled by default. Say goodbye to API tools. You can enable the API with the following CONFIG-option:

adminpage_enable: 1/0

• Love 4

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
We are unfixable.

It's your project of course so I understand if you have your own policies but I want to put my opinion about the pm logging too..

I find it very useful for catching advertisers, and before having such an amazing anticheat I caught people who are cheating and teaching others how to cheat as well as discussing the frequent use of cheats.

If something is so confidential people shouldn't/wouldn't be typing it in a pserver for an online game. If it's really that personal they would only be telling people in real life or somewhere they felt is a secure area.

Nice on the adminpage setup.

That reminds me, what about a feature where LOW_WIZARDs can have commands added? We can already restrict commands with the CMD file, but it would be nice to be able to customize exactly what commands each permission level has and whether or not they have a GM logo over their head and can be added to friends. The behavior would be similar to Metin2US, where they had MODs with abilities that LOW_WIZARD currently doesn't have but without the GM logo over their head or friend-adding restrictions.

To keep the CONFIG clean, maybe set this up in jSON format(or something else simple like lua) or something in a file that can be put somewhere near the core and have a symlink in each channel folder for it.

New information for v2.2

I've fixed a lot of issues! There were many conversions and warnings, I've fixed most of them. There are just some unused variables but I'm not too sure about them so at first I'm going to leave them and delete them later. Maybe, if they're really unnecessary, they won't make it to v2.2 which would be great. At least it should have more stability since I've changed a lot of unsigned to signed comparisons.

There is some cool new stuff.

I've changed the test_server_protect option to "new_test_server".

Additionally you can now check the hosts (if you have some gm's with static ip's or let them only have gm rights if they connect through a special proxy). You can - of course - just not enable this setting (it's off by default) or just enable it and use *.*.*.* if you want every ip to use gm rights. For this I introduce a new CONFIG option to you:

new_gm_host_check: 1/0

The new procedure for checking your gm rights does no longer depend on your locale.

The new_test_server is only a setting for the gm rights! If the server is no test-server, it'll just use the default routine. If it's a test server this option will enable a checkup if the account is listed in your gmlist. If it's not, the user will automatically get HIGH_WIZARD. If he is listed, he'll automatically get IMPLEMENTOR.

There's also a new security patch applied to 2.2

This one's targeting the API. It'll now set adminpage_ip to localhost if it's not defined or you're using the new CONFIG option:

adminpage_no_localhost: 1/0

Additionally the whole API is disabled by default. Say goodbye to API tools. You can enable the API with the following CONFIG-option:

adminpage_enable: 1/0

we want to pm log so its very important for server administrator