Hello guys,

Thank you for this great active metin2 dev site. its really helpful. i hope i get my problem solved.

So server was going and working great for 2-3 days until channel1 goes down.

Here are the Sysser of ch1 :

SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:06 :: operator(): Unknown skill attr type 0 vnum 140
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:08 :: operator(): CFuncShoot: I don't know this type [139] of range attack.
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:09 :: DoRefineWithScroll: REFINE : Unknown refine scroll item. Value0: 1
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:10 :: DoRefineWithScroll: REFINE : Unknown refine scroll item. Value0: 1
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:13 :: DoRefineWithScroll: REFINE : Unknown refine scroll item. Value0: 1
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:13 :: GetRefineLevel: refine_level_based_on_NAME(7) is not equal to refine_level_based_on_LOCALE_NAME(8).
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:14 :: DoRefineWithScroll: REFINE : Unknown refine scroll item. Value0: 1
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:15 :: checkpointing: CHECKPOINT shutdown: tics did not updated.

most of these errors comes often and nothing happens , Tics error was the last. 

DB :

SYSERR: Apr  9 18:21:16 :: Process: FDWATCH: peer null in event: ident 21

SYSERR: Apr  9 18:25:39 :: DirectQuery: MySQL connection was reconnected. querying locale set
SYSERR: Apr  9 18:25:49 :: Process: FDWATCH: peer null in event: ident 21

Any Thoughts ? i have tried to change the gamefile but that didnt fix my problem. i use 34083 btw.
And i don't know what else to say , i hope someone had this prob and knew how to fix it

THANKS

One possible solution is that you have an empty row in banwords (that was why it happend to me)

Kind regards

Chuck

Thank you :D , i checked banword and it was full without any blank row, so i dont think its that. but thanks anyway.

Another issue might be your server clock going off. Check with date if it's correct.

Thanks for the hint , but how could i check the clock, if it is working good or not and stuff ?

If you using source go to game/libthecore/src/signal.c and comment

RETSIGTYPE checkpointing(int sig)
{
    if (!tics)
    {
	sys_err("CHECKPOINT shutdown: tics did not updated.");
//	abort();
    }
    else
	tics = 0;
}

I have tested this solution on 700 players online. Since coment this line server never die without reason.

I use the normal 60mb 34083 game file, if you would create a diff for it i would be MORE than thankful ! anyways thanks for the help :D

The checkpointing thing is a check to see if the process didnt tick (do a full cycle) in x seconds

So its basically a check if it got stuck somewhere

This can have a multitude of reasons

The one I've seen happening is something related to lua and its garbage collector - nothing specific though.

Due to the nature of the issue it's hard to pinpoint where exactly its getting stuck.

• Love 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium

Thanks guys for the reply. its something that i wont understand , i just rebooted with repairing the tables and fixing something in game99. and no error 2 days in a row. WEIRD.

Anyway you are all really helpful , i hope you stay like that and good luck to everyone.

Can you tell me please how you fix Checkpoint shutdown : tics not be updated ?

• Premium

Thanks guys for the reply. its something that i wont understand , i just rebooted with repairing the tables and fixing something in game99. and no error 2 days in a row. WEIRD.

Anyway you are all really helpful , i hope you stay like that and good luck to everyone.

Can you tell me please how you fix Checkpoint shutdown : tics not be updated ?

With the information you are giving us, no.

http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/309-read-before-asking-for-help/