Client stops working after C++20

Posted (edited)

I updated based on the tutorials here on the forum, to compile clientsource in visual studio 2022 and C++20, the compilation was error-free and the game works well, however, after 15/20h with the client open, if you are running items in switchbot or macro (automatically populate potions id 70020), the client crashes (stops working), allocates memory until it reaches approximately 4GB and ends with the error "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libray - Runtime Error!"

No other errors were detected, there are no errors in the syserr or in the compilation, in debug mode there are no warnings either. Anyone who has experienced something similar or has any idea what could be causing this problem, I have already checked by comparing all the files individually with other sources and no discrepancies were found.

I thank you for your attention.

Edited by Klaus
complet

You have a bug somewhere. The info you provided is not enough to pinpoint where the bug may be.

The large allocation is a big red flag, what may be happening is that a std:vector (or some other container) is growing until you run out of memory (if this is the case, you should get a std::bad_alloc exception). The debugger can show you the code that raised the exception.

Since the client becomes unresponsive, maybe you are running into an infinite loop situation (and running out of stack space)

Use the debugger well and you should be able to find the bug.

• Love 1