[Lost ark]Inferna.co.kr by YMIR Entertainment

• Former Staff

Thank you for posting this, we know back in 2008 people on epvp used to have a game client and that the source code were leaked along with the famous 2013 ymir source code leak, but neither a client or any source code ever emerged online, I've tried to contact some people who had the client but it looks like nobody even has it.

We know that the game uses a modified version of the Metin2 engine and it can be considered something like Metin2 2.0 in terms of how it works, some Python files have been posted in this forum in the past.

I also hope one day more things of this game will be playable

• Good 1
  • Love 2

Everyday you wake up as a Metin2 developer is a bad day...

METIN1 src when

On 1/21/2024 at 2:44 PM, arves100 said:

Thank you for posting this, we know back in 2008 people on epvp used to have a game client and that the source code were leaked along with the famous 2013 ymir source code leak, but neither a client or any source code ever emerged online, I've tried to contact some people who had the client but it looks like nobody even has it.

We know that the game uses a modified version of the Metin2 engine and it can be considered something like Metin2 2.0 in terms of how it works, some Python files have been posted in this forum in the past.

I also hope one day more things of this game will be playable

looks like the korean folks didnt like it too much so it seems like ymir lost interest in this game after the second closed beta pretty quick. webzen does have the full source + assets but they probably are not interested either. so i fear the best chance we might have is to wait until "kraizy" blesses this community again...

ย 

actually they have started to recycle some inferna stuff into metin and vice versa (the snowman & few others) - who would have thoughtย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

ย 

Ingame screenshots:

Spoiler

.jpg
.jpg
.jpg
.jpg

ย 

• Former Staff
On 1/21/2024 at 3:13 PM, Fuazmens said:

looks like the korean folks didnt like it too much so it seems like ymir lost interest in this game after the second closed beta pretty quick. webzen does have the full source + assets but they probably are not interested either. so i fear the best chance we might have is to wait until "kraizy" blesses this community again...

ย 

actually they have started to recycle some inferna stuff into metin and vice versa (the snowman & few others) - who would have thoughtย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

ย 

Ingame screenshots:

ย  Reveal hidden contents

.jpg
.jpg
.jpg
.jpg

ย 

From what we know yes the game didnt receive good reviews in south Korea, the project was dropped around 2010 I think according to the page that was shutted down in web archive. The game did receive some stuff in German forums but that's all. We know that in 2013 leak of the Metin2 source code, the whole entirety of ymir assets and game were leaked, including also metin1 and inferna, so we know that some people might still have the source but we will probably never see a leak.

The game also used ypk and yix and some common libraries which we found the source inside mainline extern, we don't have the source but mantle, earth, ymirbase and ymirnetwork were all used for the project.

According also to some KR posts of my Evan and the python UI leak they had used more proper things (like decorations) and probably even wxWidgets. We have some proof from there that the client was branched out of the original Metin2 client, probably the server also like Metin2 server had some stuff of metin1.

Also no setup that I'm aware of was ever saved, neither from the web archive and neither from any Korean place that I searched (never, some posts on never cafe and Emule or a Korean torrent)

• Smile Tear 1
  • Love 2

METIN1 src when

On 1/21/2024 at 4:44 PM, arves100 said:

but neither a client or any source code ever emerged online

Take a closer look; ex-SG folks are used it in their project, N2Play. They've mixed in parts of both the engine and server codes from Inferna. It's not an exact copy, but if you dig in, you'll see how Inferna has influenced and blended into their files

• Good 2

• Former Staff

We do have the torrent patch source code inside the leaked src, we can also see the resources matches.

I had no idea n2 used some portion of it, understandable actually I know nova and the other guys who got the full original leak of ymir has the src. (Not us that we only got the Metin2 one)

I also believe SG people have the src as well as they used to have the src before the leaks according to some leaked emails

METIN1 src when

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 6:28 PM, arves100 said:

We do have the torrent patch source code inside the leaked src, we can also see the resources matches.

I had no idea n2 used some portion of it, understandable actually I know nova and the other guys who got the full original leak of ymir has the src. (Not us that we only got the Metin2 one)

I also believe SG people have the src as well as they used to have the src before the leaks according to some leaked emails

Yes, there are leaks
image.png

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Good 1

according to some artists reel that worked at ymir inferna is probably not the only game that got ditched by ymir. there was another game called "X Project" (most likely not given name and this being their working title internally).

ย 

Picture of "X Project":

Spoiler

.png

ย 

I also did find some inferna renderings:

Spoiler

.jpeg.png
.png
.jpeg
.jpeg
.jpeg