How to change the movementspeed of a mount ?

you need to change the animation i think. can also use affect in ::mount function

if (mountItem->GetValue(4) > 0)

m_pkOwner->AddAffect(AFFECT_MOUNT, POINT_MOV_SPEED, mountItem->GetValue(4), AFF_NONE, (DWORD)mountItem->GetSocket(0) - time(0), 0, false);

then change the value4 in item_proto to whatever you want

Edited by Vasto187

13 hours ago, Vasto187 said:

you need to change the animation i think. can also use affect in ::mount function

if (mountItem->GetValue(4) > 0)

m_pkOwner->AddAffect(AFFECT_MOUNT, POINT_MOV_SPEED, mountItem->GetValue(4), AFF_NONE, (DWORD)mountItem->GetSocket(0) - time(0), 0, false);

then change the value4 in item_proto to whatever you want

Thanks for your answer. I will check this out later and give feedback.

I am a beginner, so where do I find this function ? 😄

11 hours ago, Intel said:

Changing the mov speed of the player doesn't change the actual movement speed of the mount. You'll have to change the animation speed trough 3dsmax, therefore changing the accumulation for the run animation.

Hey 🙂
I downloaded the Trial Version of 3dsmax. But which File do I edit with it?
Cant open either the .gr2.

But just to understand, if I open the run.gr2 with Granny I can see the Animation Duration. So if I lower this number, it should speed the movement speed of the mount, correct?

But how do I edit this file? 😄

• Premium
53 minutes ago, Realshadow said:

Hey 🙂
I downloaded the Trial Version of 3dsmax. But which File do I edit with it?
Cant open either the .gr2.

But just to understand, if I open the run.gr2 with Granny I can see the Animation Duration. So if I lower this number, it should speed the movement speed of the mount, correct?

But how do I edit this file? 😄

Oh I am not a modeller or anything, I just know the theory, but how to really do it, no idea ahah

On 8/11/2023 at 22:18, Realshadow said:

Ehi 🙂
, ho scaricato la versione di prova di 3dsmax. Ma quale file modifico con esso?
Non riesco ad aprire neanche il file .gr2.

Ma tanto per capirci, se apro run.gr2 con Granny vedo la Durata dell'Animazione. Quindi, se abbasso questo numero, dovrebbe aumentare la velocità di movimento della montatura, giusto?

Ma come modifico questo file?😄

You must convert gr2 to fbx ( u can use this tool)  

you don't have to decrease the duration, but increase the space that moves in the world. The greater the distance traveled the faster it will move.

I can't find a video (clear without unnecessary steps) that can show you how to do it and not being at the PC I struggle to make a video myself.

I'll try to explain it to you.

Once you have imported the model and run animation, at the bottom of the 3dMax interface, there should be a bar with a button to start animation.

Bring the animation to 0 frame and click on the Autokey icon.

Once done the bar should turn red, now you simply need to move the animation to the end of the bar and move the model forward and deactivate autokey

I don't know if I explained myself well...

This is the basic, simplest and least professional method. Even if in 2023 many still use it... And then you find models with 300 accumultion tests...

If you need add me on discord.