MYSQL error, while starting the server

Go to solution Solved by TMP4,

Hi Everyone!

When i start my server with the cd /home/game/ && sh start.sh code the mysql is not starting and give me these errors:

mysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsPUBLIC_IP: 192.168.2.109 interface em0
HOSTNAME: auth
mysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
cannot open direct sql connection to host: localhost user: mt2 db: common
cannot start server while no common sql connected
^Cmysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
   failed, retrying in 5 seconds
root@distraught:/home/game # mysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsSuccess PLAYER
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsmysql_real_connect: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsSuccess ACCOUNT
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsSuccess COMMON
   failed, retrying in 5 secondsSuccess HOTBACKUP

I’m relatively new and I’m just trying.

I tried everything and nothing works, here's what i tried:

https://www.metin2downloads.to/thread/24-fix-can-t-connect-to-local-mysql-server-through-socket-tmp-mysql-sock-2/

https://metin2.dev/topic/8494-cant-connect-to-local-mysql-server-through-socket-tmpmysqlsock/

What do I use?

Distraughts 12.1 vdi file and this server file.

• Contributor
  • Solution

Did you installed the mysql server? Because that error message says the game-db can't connect to it. Check if it runs or not: service mysql-server status

mysql.tar.gz is not the mysql server, it is just the mysql data. (And actually it is a bad approach to install the mysql data in that way but that's another story)

pkg install mysql55-server
  • Love 1