1. With remove unnecessary codes 100% full

2. Without you installing mysql ++ I want it to be clean

Thanks. 

• Sad 1
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Lmao 1

4 minutes ago, Karbust said:

Just use the official ISO...

It's available for download on FreeBSD's website...

http://ftp-archive.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/ISO-IMAGES/11.4/

I know this but I do not have much knowledge in FreeBSD and I want to delete the junk code that is active in FreeBSD

How can we delete junk FreeBSD code? I only know about SendMail from martysama but the rest?

• Lmao 1

• Management
Just now, Draveniou1 said:

I know this but I do not have much knowledge in FreeBSD and I want to delete the junk code that is active in FreeBSD

How can we delete junk FreeBSD code? I only know about SendMail from martysama but the rest?

When you make a FreeBSD installation it asks you what you want to install. Just remove a few boxes, and pray it still works. Whatever is there is necessary, I don't know why you want to "delete the junk code". Sendmail comes enabled by default, you have to disable it manually...

If you have a good reason why you want a completely stripped version of FreeBSD, maybe the folks at https://forums.freebsd.org may be able to help you out. For metin2 there are 0 reasons why you would need something like that...

raw

raw

1 minute ago, Karbust said:

When you make a FreeBSD installation it asks you what you want to install. Just remove a few boxes, and pray it still works. Whatever is there is necessary, I don't know why you want to "delete the junk code". Sendmail comes enabled by default, you have to disable it manually...

If you have a good reason why you want a completely stripped version of FreeBSD, maybe the folks at https://forums.freebsd.org may be able to help you out. For metin2 there are 0 reasons why you would need something like that...

If you have freebsd with deleted unnecessary codes you do not have memoryleak 🙂 so I want to find freebsd without unnecessary codes

I know it exists but I see many looking without any result

It is difficult to find and you can order from the FreeBSD administrator but it will definitely cost a lot of money

• Lmao 2

• Management
3 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

If you have freebsd with deleted unnecessary codes you do not have memoryleak 🙂 so I want to find freebsd without unnecessary codes

I know it exists but I see many looking without any result

It is difficult to find and you can order from the FreeBSD administrator but it will definitely cost a lot of money

Memory leaks result from somewhere between the chair and the keyboard. Don't blame the OS, much less a battle-tested OS like FreeBSD.

raw

raw

4 minutes ago, Karbust said:

Memory leaks result from somewhere between the chair and the keyboard. Don't blame the OS, much less a battle-tested OS like FreeBSD.

I do not blame the system I just want to remove from FreeBSD all junk code that does not contribute to metin2

There will just be more server speed if removed I know   And memoryleak will be reduced by 30%

Edited by Draveniou1
  • Lmao 2

• Management
1 minute ago, Draveniou1 said:

I do not blame the system I just want to remove from FreeBSD all junk code that does not contribute to metin2

There will just be more server speed if removed I know   And memoryleak will be reduced by 30%

Do you even know what memory leaks are?

You probably should read this: https://owasp.org/www-community/vulnerabilities/Memory_leak

raw

raw

3 minutes ago, Karbust said:

Do you even know what memory leaks are?

You probably should read this: https://owasp.org/www-community/vulnerabilities/Memory_leak

I'm not talking about the game's memoryleak

I say if I remove the useless freeBsd codes

You can ask in the forum freebsd and you will see how memoryleak will be reduced 🙂

Simple we must first find pure freebsd without useless codes active

Edited by Draveniou1
  • Lmao 2

• Management
2 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

I'm not talking about the game's memoryleak

I say if I remove the useless freeBsd codes

Bruh

You are confusing memory usage by services and other software with memory leaks...

FreeBSD is already lightweight, you wouldn't get a noticeable difference.

This is FreeBSD 13 32bits on a Virtual Machine with 3GB of RAM and 12 cores:

GQ2fEkF.png

The only things using resources are bpytop (resource monitor) (cpu usage) and mysql (memory usage).

The memory usage doesn't go above 617MB and the CPU oscillates between 1 and 2% usage. What exactly are you trying to achieve? It's already pretty good "without" anything running...

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1

raw

raw

• Forum Moderator

You are doing a big misunderstanding here. I will try to explain the best as I can. There is no memory leak "as-is" in FreeBSD. Otherwise it will mostly get fixed really soon because it is considered critical in (mostly) any specifications. What you probably want to do is to remove any "bloatware" in FreeBSD and long-story-short, there isn't any.

Of course there are services that you would most likely want to disable (like SendMail), but original FreeBSD iso (FreeBSD boot-only iso too) doesn't have anything that takes a lot of memory or CPU usage altogether and trying to remove things "the hard way" will most of the time result in damaging the OS. What you ask sounds like "I want to remove everything on Windows that isn't necessary to run the Office suite", it doesn't make sense as you will also (if you do the things correctly) end up installing additional stuff such as MySQL, IPFW, Screen maybe or whatever suits your needs.

Like Karbust shown, his FreeBSD takes up to 617Mb and 1 to 2% of CPU usage, which is really fine (this is less than any modern browser). Additionnaly, you probably run a 32bits game and db, which will never use more than 2 to 4gb of Ram per core and if you have configured your MySQL reasonably, it will never go really high unless you have done something wrong.

Tldr; even if you save 200Mb of RAM (which is 1/3 of what the system is using, this is absurdly huge if we keep the ratio), you will probably never make a good use of it and will have way more issues than what 200mb of RAM could possibly cause.

Gurgarath
coming soon

3 hours ago, Gurgarath said:

You are doing a big misunderstanding here. I will try to explain the best as I can. There is no memory leak "as-is" in FreeBSD. Otherwise it will mostly get fixed really soon because it is considered critical in (mostly) any specifications. What you probably want to do is to remove any "bloatware" in FreeBSD and long-story-short, there isn't any.

Of course there are services that you would most likely want to disable (like SendMail), but original FreeBSD iso (FreeBSD boot-only iso too) doesn't have anything that takes a lot of memory or CPU usage altogether and trying to remove things "the hard way" will most of the time result in damaging the OS. What you ask sounds like "I want to remove everything on Windows that isn't necessary to run the Office suite", it doesn't make sense as you will also (if you do the things correctly) end up installing additional stuff such as MySQL, IPFW, Screen maybe or whatever suits your needs.

Like Karbust shown, his FreeBSD takes up to 617Mb and 1 to 2% of CPU usage, which is really fine (this is less than any modern browser). Additionnaly, you probably run a 32bits game and db, which will never use more than 2 to 4gb of Ram per core and if you have configured your MySQL reasonably, it will never go really high unless you have done something wrong.

Tldr; even if you save 200Mb of RAM (which is 1/3 of what the system is using, this is absurdly huge if we keep the ratio), you will probably never make a good use of it and will have way more issues than what 200mb of RAM could possibly cause.

Try to find freebsd without useless codes active
And then you can tell me your time and your details in detail and you will notice big differences in speed your server and in game 🙂

• Think 1
  • Lmao 2

• Management
7 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

Try to find freebsd without useless codes active
And then you can tell me your time and your details in detail and you will notice big differences in speed your server and in game 🙂

Bruh, you never tried it, but you are sure as fuck that it would work. I admire your confidence and persistence...

Learn FreeBSD, do it yourself and then share the results.

raw

raw

6 minutes ago, Karbust said:

Bruh, you never tried it, but you are sure as fuck that it would work. I admire your confidence and persistence...

Learn FreeBSD, do it yourself and then share the results.

I do not know from freebsd why i am doing this message to find such a freebsd 

edit:

@ Karbust  I know only for SendMail  but there are many other systems that load unjustly

Edited by Draveniou1
  • Lmao 1

• Management
2 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

I do not know from freebsd why i am doing this message to find such a freebsd 

edit:

@ Karbust  I know only for SendMail  but there are many other systems that load unjustly

That's why I said for you to learn it, test it and then share the results.

• Love 1

raw

raw

What the actual fuck are you talking about, seriously.

"without useless codes active"

Seriously, what the hell you talking about?

This is not windows thats comes with solitaire or pinball (xp you will be missed), you are talking about the bsd family that just destroys any junkix (junk + linux got it or...?) distro.

Seriously, i can start a 512mb ram and put online a metin2 server with 1ch, so what do you wanna clean here?

Oh wait, you think that deleting man pages for examples makes your system faster?

Its completly non-sense that its hard for me to realize if you are talking seriously or trolling, but both cases are troubling.

• Lmao 1

9 minutes ago, Denizeri24 said:

he is trolling. all the questions he asks are as if they were asked by an orangutan with 30 iq points

troll? you checking freebsd and say me 🙂

I Know only for sendMail  in freebsd   But there are more useless codes that I am trying to find and remove @Denizeri24 you are useless  who have no idea 

22 minutes ago, TheLionIK said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about, seriously.

"without useless codes active"

Seriously, what the hell you talking about?

This is not windows thats comes with solitaire or pinball (xp you will be missed), you are talking about the bsd family that just destroys any junkix (junk + linux got it or...?) distro.

Seriously, i can start a 512mb ram and put online a metin2 server with 1ch, so what do you wanna clean here?

Oh wait, you think that deleting man pages for examples makes your system faster?

Its completly non-sense that its hard for me to realize if you are talking seriously or trolling, but both cases are troubling.

I'm not trolling I just want to know the rest of the codes and remove them because so far I know about sendmail but there are many codes

25 minutes ago, Denizeri24 said:

he is trolling. all the questions he asks are as if they were asked by an orangutan with 30 iq points

Dude who trolling? I am trying to find out the rest of the codes, there is sendmail but there are more codes

I Know only this code

1) SendMail - disable 

2) Pkg - fixxing 

There are many useless codes may know this dev@ martysama0134    And I do not know if they share a full 100% fix

Edited by Draveniou1
  • Lmao 4

12 hours ago, martysama0134 said:

I don't suggest freebsd 11.4 because it reached the end-of-life support. You should use either freebsd 13.0 or 12.2 (when 12.3 will be out, 12.2 will be trashed away)

FreeBSD 13 Will it be clean or will all have these useless codes as in 11.4 ?   If you notice FreeBSD loads close to 700 MB on a host medium these 700 MB ram is from bad code   Thanks

• Management
5 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

FreeBSD 13 Will it be clean or will all have these useless codes as in 11.4 ?   If you notice FreeBSD loads close to 700 MB on a host medium these 700 MB ram is from bad code   Thanks

Not sure what you are talking about, the screenshot I posted above is running on FreeBSD 13 and doesn't even reach 650MB of RAM and that's with 400MB of them being used by MySQL server...

Edited by Karbust

raw

raw

Just now, Karbust said:

Not sure what you are talking about, the screenshot I posted above doesn't even reach 650MB of RAM and that's with 400MB of them being used by MySQL server...

In all versions there are loaded codes that load unjustly in freebsd example USB / CAMERA and many more  it is in vain to unjustly load these systems

• Management
3 minutes ago, Draveniou1 said:

In all versions there are loaded codes that load unjustly in freebsd example USB / CAMERA and many more  it is in vain to unjustly load these systems

omfg-are-you-serious.gif

At this point I can't decide if you are just trolling or your are dumb as f***. You are talking about the drivers INSIDE THE KERNEL that's no system or software or none of that shit you have been talking about. If you want to remove this you just remove them from the fucking KERNEL and build it yourself. This doesn't affect performance at all.

Go ahead and report me for "bothering" your.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
  • Good 1

raw

raw

23 minutes ago, Karbust said:

omfg-are-you-serious.gif

At this point I can't decide if you are just trolling or your are dumb as f***. You are talking about the drivers INSIDE THE KERNEL that's no system or software or none of that shit you have been talking about. If you want to remove this you just remove them from the fucking KERNEL and build it yourself. This doesn't affect performance at all.

Go ahead and report me for "bothering" your.

I can not do it myself I say if you do not pay in the freebsd forum you can not do anything yourself so I do the post because I'm looking for a freebsd full clean and if anyone has anything they can sell me  

Edited by Metin2 Dev

First, a fresh install of vanilla freebsd using 700mb ram is impossible.

The only reason why that would happen is due to third party software.

Most (bad, just ignore them) providers will provide you with a freebsd vps with pre-installed software. You just manually install freebsd in those cases, as you should do anyway.

Regarding the "USB / CAMERA", you are reading topics from 2012 where people built their own kernels stripping them, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, as it has 0% performance impact in the real world. You maybe save what, 20MB disk size....? A metin2 syslog easilly takes more then that.

Just install MANUALLY your freebsd without selecing services that you wont need.

Then if you want performance increases work on your metin2 source, because thats where the crap performance comes from, not from a rock-solid OS like freebsd.

• Love 1