[Mini version] Badge Notification Manager

• Forum Moderator

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

252730RedInfo.pngPosted in 2020, but it was removed due to a rollback in the forum, now it's back. 🤌🏽

Hello girls, I think it's my first time when I release a system/feature directly for servers, until now I provided just scripts/functions for 'developers', let's see how it works.

1. Compatibility

Most of you know that for applying a badge to the parent icon we need to have the application ungrouped.

So, basically for this, we need to use Win32 API ->  SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelIDwhich must be called during the application's initial startup routine, before presents any UI, basically in the initialization of singleton class would be fine.

Before doing the ungroup of the taskbar, we've to check the operating system version, since many players in metin2 still using XP/Vista and this feature is working since Windows 7+. So there's a function called IsWindowsCompatibleVersion which check if the version is at least Windows7 then trying to do the ungroup and if successful then set a variable m_isWindowsCompatible to true, so we can check later other functions with it, that means the feature will be totally disabled for those who aren't compatible.

2. Cache features

When the application is created it's loading all resources and creates only one object on the local system for the taskbar interface.

3. Features

• Show badges on the taskbar (ON/OFF)  1805047a2ae99f4822e5b3f8905465aa422e12.g
  • Flash notification + badge                 1805041dd5c802ab6dbcf197923baa593084c2.g

• Counted flashes, using small taskbar icons + badge option 1805045d59d75aa8cd5e6fa36826e4e2b09624.g

4. Activity

Mini version:

Spoiler

Whisper messages

• There are many scenarios related to application active, whisper window opened and focused.

Paid version:

Spoiler

Exchange

• When an exchange window is opened.

Fishing

• When you catch a fish.

Big notice

• When the staff makes a big notice announcement.

Duel request

• When a player sends a duel request.

Friend request

• When you receive a friend request.
  • Added multi friend request as well. (Click here)

Party/Guild/Guild war request

• When you receive a request.

Settings

• You can add how many activities you want.
  • Play a sound specified by the given file name, resource, or system event, the sound is played asynchronously.
  • Available a python module that you can use where you want just by calling:

import badge badge.Notification(badge.ACTIVITY_OFFLINESHOP_SEEN, True)

Free support and custom changes.

https://www.vegas-projects.com/product/badge-notification-manager/

If you find any problem, write me a PM or use the

, let's don't spam the topic with useless messages and keep it clean.

If you implement it, attach a gif to the topic, and if many people use it, maybe I update the repository with other activities for free.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 74
  • Sad 2
  • Think 1
  • Good 16
  • Love 2
  • Love 16

I didn't find it useful since there isn't support for small taskbar buttons and many people are using small taskbar buttons. Only thing that's useful, is notification info for other activities, that would be really nice, if you can provide us code for that, I think many people rather use more notification infos instead of notification badges. Btw. I can say it works like it should and I didn't find any problems. Thanks for that free release! 👍

Edited by ReFresh
  • Confused 1

I'll be always helpful! 👊 

• Forum Moderator

@ReFresh 

I have joined in many computers of players/owners during the last years, and trust me, I saw just a few people who're using 'small taskbar buttons'.

Mainly, just the owners are using it since they have a lot of apps, but a player who's just a normal gamer, won't put all the games/apps he is playing/using to the taskbar for having it full, maybe just if he has a laptop with a small resolution, maximum.

bd9479cd53d960d023e873f63bd422d3.png

The badges on the taskbar buttons aren't available in the small taskbar mode, it's Microsoft logic and it's a good one. 
Otherwise, would be a mess since in this mode all of the icons are scaled and they losing quality, if they would add a small badge there, it would look so bad.

Even on apps like Skype, Messenger is not working which it's directly for chatting and it's much more important a badge count of messages.
I'm sure that for metin2 wouldn't be a drama for hundreds of players if hundreds of millions don't make it for real chatting apps.

Take a look on an example of my screen 5120x1440, how it would look with the small taskbar buttons and a badge, both of them scaled, you really can't see it and I've glasses 🥸, you would need Magnifier Zoom to see it.

133504Untitled.jpg

So I think it's enough how it is right now:

1805045d59d75aa8cd5e6fa36826e4e2b09624.g

You still get a flash notification (flashing until you open it) when you have the small taskbar buttons enabled, you don't need anything more.

Related to other activities, if you read the last line which I wrote in the first reply, then you will understand, so let's wait for that.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.