DirectX9 Wrapper for laptop's dedicated gpu

• Premium

M2 Download Center

This is the hidden content, please
( Internal )

With this easy change laptop players can now play the game with their dedicated video card instead of the integrated one.

In userinterface.cpp add:

extern "C" 
{
    __declspec(dllexport) DWORD NvOptimusEnablement = 0x00000001;
    __declspec(dllexport) int AmdPowerXpressRequestHighPerformance = 1;
}

In your client add the files from the Download Center from above.

This is a pseudo-driver module that intends to improve compatibility and stability in games using Direct3D 8 for rendering by converting all API calls and low-level shaders to equivalent Direct3D 9 ones. By that it also opens those games to new possibilities from proven modding tools written for Direct3D 9, including ReShade. The source is: 

This is the hidden content, please

It's been used for years by many servers, no issues have been reported.

Edited by Speachless
  • Metin2 Dev 125
  • kekw 2
  • Dislove 4
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2
  • Cry 1
  • Think 3
  • Confused 2
  • Good 50
  • Love 4
  • Love 91

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium
On 1/7/2021 at 12:39 PM, AlCapone said:

In win7 they will have problems with this DLL. 

ERROR: "api-ms-win-CRT-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" cant be found.

Only if they never make a windows update. Would you care for people with windows 7 with 0 updates? 

Windows 7 will install in the first updates the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015

• Metin2 Dev 1

11 hours ago, Speachless said:

Only if they never make a windows update. Would you care for people with windows 7 with 0 updates? 

Windows 7 will install in the first updates the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015

Nop they need to update. But you know some people still using that shit windows.

• Premium
3 hours ago, AlCapone said:

Nop they need to update. But you know some people still using that shit windows.

Yea, but they can play on a clean windows 7 if they just do a simple update. Or they can install visual c++ redistributable 2015 (or maybe newer didn't tested). You can specify this on client download page like i did.

• Good 1

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I placed the file into the game directory. The game seems to be runnig on the dGPU but does not show up. Should I contact the developer of the D8 Warpper?

Update: Sorry. The code is mandatory as I realized. Question: Can we add it by reverse engineering?

Thanks.

Edited by RecepBaltas

• 1 year later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.