How to Install Map

• Contributor

Required level  Beginner

Estimated time :  15 minutes

This tutorial is to explain how to install a map on Metin2.

Needed :

• A map, you can find many maps here.
  • You will need access to your server, with WinSCP for example, as well as a packer like EterNexus or PackMakerLite for depack your client.

I. Serveur side

Révélation

1. First time, go to your server folder metin2/share/locale/country/map. This is where all the maps of the server are located.

2. It will be necessary to add in this folder, the folder of your map. 3 mandatory files to put in this folder are :

• The file Setting.txt, which contains all the information of your map such as coordinates.
  • The file server_attr, which contains the attributes of your maps. To be more precise, it is in this file that we find the places where we can fish and walk for example.
  • The file Town.txt which corresponds to the coordinates of respawn on your map.

This is what my file looks like on my side :

151233Capture.JPG

3. Once done, edit the index file located in the folder metin2/share/locale/country/map. Each line corresponds to a map, formatted as :

ID_MAP NAME_FOLDER_MAP

In my case, I added the folder metin2_map_nae (which contains the above files). You need have something like that :

152236Sans-titre.png

Warning ! ID of your map is unique ! Don't forget to note it.
Warning ! I advise you to put an ID higher than 250 to avoid problems.

4. Now tell your server to start your map when the server starts. You have two choices:

• You can launch the map in a normal channel, which means that the map will be specific to each channel (CH1, CH2, etc.).
  • You can launch the map in channel99 (and only in this one), this will mean that the map is available only in one channel. When teleporting to this map, you will also change channels. What allows to have a single map for everyone.

Information. We generally use channel99 for dungeon maps but also when we want a map to be unique, regardless of the player's channel.

5. In both cases, you will have to add the ID of your map in the CONFIG file of your channels.

• If you want to launch it in a normal channel, put the map in one of the cores of all channels. for example channel1/core2/CONFIG
  • If you only want to launch it in channel99, add it only in the CONFIG file of channel99.

Something like that :

153624Capture.JPG

Success! All you have to do, is restart your metin2 server . It will be installed correctly on the server side.

II. Client side

Révélation

1. Locate the client files on your map. Generally, you have an eix/epk pack. In my case, I have them in packaged format: metin2_map_nae.eix and metin2_map_nae.epk

Information. Just repack the map with EterNexus or other if the eix / epk are not provided to you.

Just place the eix/epk in your client's pack folder

2. Unpack the root file to be able to edit the atlasinfo.txt file. Each line has the following format:

Name_Folder_Of_Your_Map    COORDINATE_X    COORDINATE_Y    WIDTH_MAP    LENGTH_MAP

Information. All this information can be found in the Setting.txt file of your map.

3. In my case, I add this line in my atlasinfo : metin2_map_nae 2600000 2600000 3 4

155459Sans-titre.png

Warning ! If you don't see your altasinfo, repeat this part from step 2 but for the atlasinfo.txt file which is in your client's local pack (locale/XX/atlasinfo.txt).

4. Now just repack your packs and connect IG to test it. To teleport on it, use the command /wrap using the two numbers from the BasePosition of your map (removing the last two digits).

In the case of my map, the BasePosition is: 2600000 2600000

So to teleport, I remove two digits, and I write /warp 26000 26000

Information. Refer to the Setting.txt of your map to know the BasePosition of your map.
Success! It will be installed correctly on the client side.

• A category Questions and Answers is available. If you have a problem or question, feel free to post a request!

Edited by Veltor88
  • Metin2 Dev 20
  • Dislove 1
  • Lmao 1
  • Good 5
  • Love 6
  • Love 25

• Contributor

Nice tutorial, it is good to sum up it for beginners :)

Some things to mention:

1)

Information. We generally use channel99 for dungeon maps but also when we want a map to be unique, regardless of the player's channel.

Actually, dungeons are not good to be in ch99 at the most cases, because if the map where you want to teleport from, and the dungeon is not in the same core, it won't teleport. If you want to place a dungeon to ch99, you have to make a "lobby" level, like demon tower level 1. That level of demon tower is not a dungeon yet, it will be ported to dungeon after we destroy the metin there. Also the dungeon must be in same core with the map where you want to teleport to the dungeon. For example if you want to enter a dungeon from Map1 what is in ch1 core1, the dungeon should be in ch1 core1. If it's in core2/3/x, then it will not teleport, and you'll get a syserr like "cannot create dungeon".

2)

In the case of my map, the BasePosition is: 2600000 2600000

If the coordinates of the map can't be divided by 256, it will cause a lots of problem. (2600000/256=10156.25 so it will be bad)

For example the server_attr will be slided, so the block, pvp, water areas will not 100% there where you placed, also if you go to the slide's opposite side you'll get kicked out because there is nothing there according to the server, because it is slided in the other way   

(This is because the maps are stricted to areas, and 1 area's size is 256x256)

Maybe it is hard to understand with just text so i gonna show it in a picture:

Spoiler

So your map should be in a grid with 100% matching edges:

28461241wtfXC4umL.-SX342-.jpg

But if it's not dividable by 256 (the grid size) it will "slide" sligthly:

28404341wtfXC4umL.-SX342-1-.jpg

If you check Ymir's maps, every default map can be divided by 256 to prevent this problem.

This was not a criticism, please do not take it as that.

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 9

• Management
9 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

Nice tutorial, it is good to sum up it for beginners :)

Some things to mention:

1)

Actually, dungeons are not good to be in ch99 at the most cases, because if the map where you want to teleport from, and the dungeon is not in the same core, it won't teleport. If you want to place a dungeon to ch99, you have to make a "lobby" level, like demon tower level 1. That level of demon tower is not a dungeon yet, it will be ported to dungeon after we destroy the metin there. Also the dungeon must be in same core with the map where you want to teleport to the dungeon. For example if you want to enter a dungeon from Map1 what is in ch1 core1, the dungeon should be in ch1 core1. If it's in core2/3/x, then it will not teleport, and you'll get a syserr like "cannot create dungeon".

2)

If the coordinates of the map can't be divided by 256, it will cause a lots of problem. (2600000/256=10156.25 so it will be bad)

For example the server_attr will be slided, so the block, pvp, water areas will not 100% there where you placed, also if you go to the slide's opposite side you'll get kicked out because there is nothing there according to the server, because it is slided in the other way   

(This is because the maps are stricted to areas, and 1 area's size is 256x256)

Maybe it is hard to understand with just text so i gonna show it in a picture:

Reveal hidden contents

If you check Ymir's maps, every default map can be divided by 256 to prevent this problem.

This was not a criticism, please do not take it as that.

If a map is not divided by 256, can it generate a syserr? :o 

• Contributor

Yes, if you walk to where there is no server_attr and you'll get kicked. (So walk around the very edge of the map)

It will generate something i beleive "cannot find sectree/coordinates"

But if the edges are all mountain so players can't go there, you'll only face by the slided attrs for pvp, water, block zones.

(maybe the regen/npc/stone.txt spawns are also slided but i'm not sure)

Edited by TMP4
  • Scream 1
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings,

I'm trying to replace an existing map with a new one that also includes new trees, objects, and textures. I tried following this but my client would crash when I would try to enter that map. How can I fix this? Feel free to message me on Discord. I really need some help with this. Thank you.

• 7 months later...

How do I get the BasePosition X Y? My Map has 0 Base Position for X and Y.
The MapSize is 3 3
So how would I get the values for the BasePosition?
I'm assuming to do this:
If MapSize for 1  = 256

Then 3 = 256x3 = 768 , right?

But then what do I multiply 768 by? any random number I want or what?

Thank you in advance

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 6:13 AM, ElectrizeR said:

How do I get the BasePosition X Y? My Map has 0 Base Position for X and Y.
The MapSize is 3 3
So how would I get the values for the BasePosition?
I'm assuming to do this:
If MapSize for 1  = 256

Then 3 = 256x3 = 768 , right?

But then what do I multiply 768 by? any random number I want or what?

Thank you in advance

Spoiler

This is a video on how to use the tool. Is the tool in the video paid? I'm not sure right now, but there is another version of it. It's best to search for KingSora's tool; it's free and will accomplish your task. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links from other forums here.

EDIT

M2-Koordinator:

Spoiler

This is the hidden content, please

It is important that you back up your Atlas and review the structure before making any changes. If you encounter errors, try testing and learning multiple times. While there are tutorials available, they seem to have disappeared somehow.

Edited by Ace
  • Metin2 Dev 11
  • Think 1
  • Good 2
  • Love 3
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• Management
20 hours ago, Ace said:
  Hide contents

This is a video on how to use the tool. Is the tool in the video paid? I'm not sure right now, but there is another version of it. It's best to search for KingSora's tool; it's free and will accomplish your task. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links from other forums here.

EDIT

M2-Koordinator:

Hide contents

This is the hidden content, please

It is important that you back up your Atlas and review the structure before making any changes. If you encounter errors, try testing and learning multiple times. While there are tutorials available, they seem to have disappeared somehow.

Or https://martysama0134.github.io/AtlasInfoViewerJS/ 

• Metin2 Dev 4
  • Smile Tear 1
  • Good 1
  • Love 1
  • Love 3

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.