[ Dead Download Link ] Vanilla Core 2.4.1 [ We Need You ]

Vanilla

• Premium

It's not Vanilla's problem :/

"Nothing's free in this life.

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Either you got the brains or cash, if you lack both you're useless."

Syreldar

Can Somebody help me?

I have a problem with the Internal_ip on Vanilla Core 2.3. My Team get Kicked when she connects to the World.

I have test to start the game with the argument "./game -I 25.x.x.x." but that print an error like "socket_tcp_bind: tcp_socket: Can't assign requested address"

In the Second Post from this Thread Vanilla wrote

* Bugfix: internal IP fix; If there are errors left, just set the IP in your CONFIG

I try it like "INTERNAL_IP: 25.x.x.x" but this still not working.

My Question is What is the right Config Option for this?

• Premium

Can Somebody help me?

I have a problem with the Internal_ip on Vanilla Core 2.3. My Team get Kicked when she connects to the World.

I have test to start the game with the argument "./game -I 25.x.x.x." but that print an error like "socket_tcp_bind: tcp_socket: Can't assign requested address"

In the Second Post from this Thread Vanilla wrote

* Bugfix: internal IP fix; If there are errors left, just set the IP in your CONFIG

I try it like "INTERNAL_IP: 25.x.x.x" but this still not working.

My Question is What is the right Config Option for this?

U must use BIND_IP, not INTERNAL_IP

Ignorant people have an obligation to make up for their ignorance by paying those who help them.

Syreldar

How about a new gameplay fix for 2.5?

It's regarding to the manashield skill black mage suras got.

Currently the manashield works like this:

Every incoming damage will be reduced by a third.

This reduced amount will be used as mana cost for the skill. When you rank up the skill or raise your iq, there'll be a %-value written on the skill. This percent-value does not affect the reduced damage (it will always reduce the third mentioned above). But this value will reduce the mana costs.

So the third will be reduced by the percent value and then used as mana cost.

Now what I planned to fix and rebalance this skill:

The percent value will be used to reduce the incoming damage. So there won't be a "third"-rule anymore - what you see is what you get. So if you're seeing 30%, you'll remove 30% of the incoming damage

But, to fix the mana cost: 20% of the reduced damage will be used for the new mana cost. If you don't have enough mana, the rest of your mana will be used and computed. This means that the rest of your mana will be the 20% of the damage you'll prevent.

Now, that'd of course require to rebalance the skill value. Because if you're getting ~100 iq and your skill on P, you'd reduce over 100% and that's just impossible and would enhance the damage at last. So you guys would need to set new values for the skill.

That's why I'm asking you: Do you want this in 2.5? If not, then I'll just throw this change away and not commit it.

Tell me your thoughts.

• Love 5

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Bronze

This reduced amount will be used as mana cost for the skill. When you rank up the skill or raise your iq, there'll be a %-value written on the skill. This percent-value does not affect the reduced damage (it will always reduce the third mentioned above). But this value will reduce the mana costs.

The percent value will be used to reduce the incoming damage. So there won't be a "third"-rule anymore - what you see is what you get. So if you're seeing 30%, you'll remove 30% of the incoming damage

But, to fix the mana cost: 20% of the reduced damage will be used for the new mana cost. If you don't have enough mana, the rest of your mana will be used and computed. This means that the rest of your mana will be the 20% of the damage you'll prevent.

Now, that'd of course require to rebalance the skill value. Because if you're getting ~100 iq and your skill on P, you'd reduce over 100% and that's just impossible and would enhance the damage at last. So you guys would need to set new values for the skill.

That's why I'm asking you: Do you want this in 2.5? If not, then I'll just throw this change away and not commit it.

Tell me your thoughts.

Well you can alwase release a diff file for those how want this change

its better then let it go dont you think so

Tell me your thoughts.

Make it as a config option if it is easy :D

• Bronze

if you have any question having to do with syserr and other stuff that isn't vanilla's fault just do a thread and write it!Vanilla asked only to report any bugs here not to ask for help...

i changed the old post :wub:

and now i have a real question about vanilla game and db

can i use theme with the GF client ?

### Changelog vanilla revision 54250 ###
Also known as version 2.4.1

* stands for changes
+ stands for additional content or features
- stands for removed things

-> General <-

+ Version_check will (when enabled) now check the client version when trying to log in instead of only when the player enters the game. It'll prevent people from selecting a character if a version mismatch is detected.

* Some minor bugfixes

* Fixed a bug where killing could trigger a quest twice

* standard "mall url" is now a link to this topic!

+ Now allows the use of a new quest trigger! It's called execute! (You can disable it though)

You can now send /execute "questname" to trigger the execute-event. In quests you can just use when execute begin to handle the triggers!

* GCC update to 4.9.1

* Dbcache now compiled with -Ofast

* Added some new compiler optimizations for the gamefile

* Removed gdb support to lower the file size and allow linker optimizations

+ Linker optimization! LTO and gold are nor active

* Rebuild the libraries with the new gcc and -Ofast

* Encryption update to make it faster and easier to update! (algorithm change shouldn't require a huge dif by now)

* Bypassed the tics_did_not_update-crash so the server will still continue running. Though I highly recommend to fix the errors on your server instead of relying to keep up with that!

* Lowered down the default "exp needed" value for higher levels than the exp-table has. Now it shouldn't bug anymore with binaries that don't handle higher values of experience needed

* Fixed some bugs with CONFIG options and cleaned up a bit

* Raised limit of maximum exp needed to unsigned long long int

-> CONFIG options <-

* changed empire_chat to global_chat

* global_chat will now make a proper response when activated

- EMPIRE_CHAT (it was accidently included but it had no purpose!)

+ BUGFIX_SURA_MANASHIELD: 1/0

Default is disabled. Fixes the sura manashield so it'll now scale with the proper value instead of always removing a third of the damage. Warning! When activating, you'd nerf the skill! Otherwise people with over 100 iq could prevent every incoming damage and even heal themselves or cause crashes!

+ VERSIONCHECK_KICK_DELAY: int

Default is 10. Sets the time until the player is kicked when a version mismatch is occured. Takes only effect if the versioncheck is enabled.

* Fixed the CONFIG-options for max attack speed and movement

+ EMOTION_WITHOUT_MASK: 1/0

Default is 0. Lets you define if you won't need a mask to use emotions.

+ EMOTION_SAME_GENDER: 1/0

Default is 0. Lets you define if people will be able to use emotions on the same gender. Notice: This'd possibly look awkward because the animations doesn't match

+ CHECK_SPEEDHACK_ENABLE: 1/0

Default is 1. Lets you define if you want to use the speedhack/synchack check. Warning! Make sure you only use this for debugging purpose! You can fine-tune the variables for the speedhack in your CONFIG, so this should normally not be touched!

+ QUEST_TRIGGER_ENABLE: 1/0

Default is 1. Lets you define if you want to use the new execute-trigger.

+ EXP_NEED_THRESHOLD: unsigned long long int

Allows you to set the exp needed if your level is higher than the maximum level of the exp table

+ SKILL_MASTER_UPGRADE: int

Sets the minimum level when your skill can jump to master. If it's set to 1 for example, then it'd happen that your skill jumps to m1 at any level.

+ SKILL_FORCE_MASTER: 1/0

Lets you define if your skill will definitely raise to m1 if it hits the minimum level for jumping. So if you're enabling this, then your skill will definitely (unless you set SKILL_MASTER_UPGRADE) raise to m1 when hitting 17.

-> gameplay improvements <-

* Poison damage will no longer draw monsters aggressive

* All new mounts can deal damage. there's no upper limit anymore!

Note that this changelog is tentative and there'd be changes anywhere at any time.

This changelog will be edited. Feel free to post your thoughts as this is only an example how 2.4.1 could look like.

• Love 12

We are the tortured.
We're not your friends.
As long as we're not visible.
We are unfixable.

• Premium

Tell me your thoughts.

Better not, thanks anyway, keep up the good work.

Syreldar

• Bronze

* stands for changes

-> General <-

+ Version_check will (when enabled) now check the client version when trying to log in instead of only when the player enters the game. It'll prevent people from selecting a character if a version mismatch is detected.

* Some minor bugfixes

-> CONFIG options <-

Default is disabled. Fixes the sura manashield so it'll now scale with the proper value instead of always removing a third of the damage. Warning! When activating, you'd nerf the skill! Otherwise people with over 100 iq could prevent every incoming damage and even heal themselves or cause crashes!

Default is 10. Sets the time until the player is kicked when a version mismatch is occured. Takes only effect if the versioncheck is enabled.

* Fixed a bug where kills could be counted twice

Note that this changelog is tentative and there'd be changes anywhere at any time.

This changelog will be edited. Feel free to post your thoughts as this is only an example how 2.4.1 could look like.

thanks now it look just like the pong with a delay of 10 sec (costumable) :wub:

ATTR_ALWAYS_ADD: 1/0 dont work :/

and download link pls..

http://metin2dev.org/board/topic/109-vanilla-core-24/?p=437 (still 2.4)

* stands for changes

-> General <-

* Some minor bugfixes

-> CONFIG options <-

* Fixed a bug where kills could be counted twice

You fix bug in 4 inventory?