[ Dead Download Link ] Readable DS Table [ We Need You ]

HITRON

Hey,

I had some free time and i make the DS Table more readable i saw a lot of people that can't understand how the table works and i decided to share it.

There is much more better ways and one is to rewrite the way that is reading the DS Table. At this one i just improved it to be readable.

In the Table bellow is including Wolfman Bonus so if you don't use him remove the additional bonus.

• The Bonus is like official.

• If you are using Myth DS Stones you can just add the extra values again and same in the .cpp .h files.

• The extract for all the DS Stones is 100% you can change it from the (Dragon_Soul_Extract_Tables).

I saw some P-Servers that they got issues with DS Stones +5 - +6 got the same Bonus, or the Bonus at +6 is all perfect expect one,  in the table bellow all this kind of issues is fixed and tested.

Download

Edited by HITRON (see edit history)
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, HITRON said:

There is much more better ways and one is to rewrite the way that is reading the DS Table. At this one i just improved it to be readable.

Thanks for release, but i don't see what's the scope for change dragon_soul_table.cpp with your file. (if you didn't change anything in the structure why to change it? like: just to put ds_name instead of dragonsoulname to have shorter name?)

I mean, all what you did is to remove some brackets, change variable names, declare them in one line, i don't think the term "improved to be readable" is good for 1000 lines in C++ with no documentation.

If you want to be readable, you should comment all the functions with what they do and how.

Tips for rewrite:

• //TMapApplyGroup::iterator it
    TMapApplyGroup::const_iterator it
  • //CGroupTextParseTreeLoader* m_pLoader;
    //m_pLoader = new CGroupTextParseTreeLoader;
    //if (m_pLoader)
      //delete m_pLoader;

std::shared_ptr<CGroupTextParseTreeLoader> m_pLoader;
    m_pLoader = std::make_shared<CGroupTextParseTreeLoader>();
  • bool DragonSoulTable::CheckWeightTables()
    {
    	// Group WeightTables Reading.
    	if (!m_pWeightTableNode)
    	{
    		sys_err ("dragon_soul_table.txt need WeightTables.");
    		return false;
    	}

for (size_t i = 0; i < m_vecDragonSoulTypes.size(); ++i)
    	{
    		for (uint8_t j = 0; j < DRAGON_SOUL_GRADE_MAX; ++j)
    		{
    			for (uint8_t k = 0; k < DRAGON_SOUL_STEP_MAX; ++k)
    			{
    				for (uint8_t l = 0; l < DRAGON_SOUL_STRENGTH_MAX; ++l)
    				{
    					float fWeight;
    					if (!GetWeight(m_vecDragonSoulTypes[i], j, k, l, fWeight))
    					{
    						sys_err("In %s group of WeightTables, value(Grade(%s), Step(%s), Strength(%d) is invalid.", m_vecDragonSoulNames[i].c_str(), g_astGradeName[j].c_str(), g_astStepName[k].c_str(), l);
    						return false;
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

return true;
    }
  • Use smart pointers also you can make most of them constants
  • Change the iterator with const_iterator
  • Remove some else conditions with no sense
  • Add return false inside of CheckWeightTables loops if the error has found why i should continue with iteration of 4 for loops and return true all times?
  • ...not so much things left

Edited by VegaS™ (see edit history)
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2020 at 2:07 AM, hachiwari said:

I dont agree with "all the functions". Can you show confirmation of your words? article or sth?

I just talked about the terms "improved it to be readable", in my opinion readable and improved means a lot, not this:

Hidden Content

std::string a1;
    std::string a2;
    // to
    std::string a1, a2;

bool Class::Read_Some_Func()
    // to
    bool Class::ReadSomeFunc()

int var;
    // to
    int iVar;

std::cout << ptr->Get("myname") << std::endl;
    // to
    std::cout << ptr->Get("mn") << std::endl;

Have no sense to make comments for ymir functions which are over 15 years, i just said about the term itself, don't understand me wrong, let's skip this (maybe my terms are bad). :D

• Love 1

@VegaS™ Is not about the C++ part, just wrong flag in the topic, is more about the .txt table to be readable, about the changes in .cpp in different story that i changed it before long time ago i just shared it like that to avoid to do again the .txt with the old names.

But now that you mention about the .cpp file improves i could update this too, but doesn't really matter the code is working fine.

Edited by HITRON (see edit history)

I know it's not about the C++ part in this topic, that's why i said, if you don't change anything in the structure of file there's no reason to do that (just keep the old string names), also this category is for Programming / Scripts, then should be moved to Guides & HowTo (basically i think that's the right category for posting a .txt with clean settings for dragon_soul)

About code refactoring, we can do it later, if you've any questions you can send me a PM, i would like to contribute when i've time.

• Love 3
  • 9 months later...