Metin2 2004 Beta Client

Shogun

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Bronze

Hey I downloaded this client Thx

Shogun

En

I saw all that I say do not go to introduce and pass id must tell you that you should enter metin2client.bin after a starter.bat to do with that " metin2client.bin " 'll leave it to download for those who still want to use this client know that the topic is old but I wanted to take it to your own server to play with my friends a really nice game from 2004 to 2007 sf rain are from Romania and I used Google Translate regards Metin2Dev

Ro

am vazut pe toti ca spun ca nu merge sa introduca id si pass trebuie sa va spun ca trebuie sa introduceti metin2client.bin si dupa sa faceti un starter.bat cu acel "metin2client.bin" o sa-l las la download pentru cei care inca vor sa foloseasca acest client stiu ca topicul este vechi dar am vrut sa-l iau pentru propriul server sa ma joc cu prietenii mei un joc cu adevarat frumos din 2004 cu sf 2007 rain sunt din Romania si am folosit Google Translate Salutari Metin2Dev

Download 1

http://www.filedropper.com/metin2starter2004

Download 2

This is the hidden content, please

Download 3

http://www.fileshare.ro/e31635881

Ro

Am pus 3 download-uri pentru ca daca unul o sa down sa puteti descarca de pe celelalte site-uri

En

I put 3 downloads because if one will down you can download from other sites

• Metin2 Dev 16
  • Eyes 1
  • Angry 1
  • Not Good 1
  • Think 1
  • Confused 1
  • Scream 1
  • Good 9
  • Love 2
  • Love 10

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Contributor

So i was bored and tried this client :D

According to the files modification's date, it is a 2005 client.

There wasen't any "locale" at the time, but there was a "DefaultCodePage" what can be 936 and 949.

(In short 936 is china, 949 is korea)

Login window (936):

2350381.png

Charselect (936):

2350382.png

Createchar (936): pc2 wasen't introduced yet so there was only Warrior M, Assasin F, Sura M, Shaman F.

2310107.png

There wasen't seperate quest letter icon and console worked by default:

2350383.png

They could store yang in the storage o_O:

2350384.png

There is no skipia entrance in map1 since did not exist yet: 

2350385.png

The old "thin" bridges: Ymir remade them to make it bigger, the thin version caused some problem.

2350386.png

Edit: if anyone want to install this client run the installer with xp compatible mode then it will start.

Also be aware that the installer shows c:\program files\metin2 but will install to your last drive's root, in my case F:\metin2.

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bronze

lol so nice to release and talk about it. guys please who install and test it.. show us more maybe we can add on servers to this days.. because can be found realy good stuff or ideas. i will keep looking on this topic.

for example this skill :

2uqa6uva.jpg&key=a50bbf572f625e7ad0cdb49

is WOW o.o

and the skeletons from this photo look soo funny :D 

bu9apy2y.jpg&key=507248aea47ca54886ed8cf

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal

• Contributor

Those are from the 2004 korean beta.

This client is 2005 chinese beta. (I know the topic's title say 2004 but it's actually a 2005 one)

If someone upload the 2004 korea beta i swear i will log in with that even if it's hard, but we're in 2020, so that file published 16years ago to korean people only, i don't think we will ever see that client in action ?

Btw the map in your pictures called "metin2_map" what was kept by Ymir in outdoor.eix-epk in the released client, so we still have that.

Not long ago i made a rework of that map, take a look to this: 

Edited by TMP4
  • Love 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, TMP4 said:

Those are from the 2004 korean beta.

This client is 2005 chinese beta. (I know the topic's title say 2004 but it's actually a 2005 one)

If someone upload the 2004 korea beta i swear i will log in with that even if it's hard, but we're in 2020, so that file published 16years ago to korean people only, i don't think we will ever see that client in action ?

Btw the map in your pictures called "metin2_map" what was kept by Ymir in outdoor.eix-epk in the released client, so we still have that.

Not long ago i made a rework of that map, take a look to this: 

I used to search for it for years but I guess it’s all history now, even the screenshots from then have disappeared.

Here’s my thread from back then

Edited by asdfghjkesha
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Contributor

That stuffs is from the actual 2004 (Korea) client originally. (Maybe he recreated them in 3D, idk)

This client is from 2005 (China) despite the topic name, just check the file dates.

2004 Korean one is just gone, reduced to atoms. Many of us tried to look it for years.

Only very limited people were able to play that beta, that's why no reupload just some picture.

Edited by TMP4
  • Sad 1

• Bronze
On 8/7/2020 at 9:26 AM, LastSamurai23 said:

BmQBbab.jpg

That concept art is really good though, especially when you compared it to the actual model. But I really like the cartonny style of character models.They looked really good back in 2004-2005. I wonder how the same style would look like in 2020.

Edited by Metin2 Dev
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Good 1
  • Love 2

• Premium
19 hours ago, TMP4 said:

That stuffs is from the actual 2004 (Korea) client originally. (Maybe he recreated them in 3D, idk)

This client is from 2005 (China) despite the topic name, just check the file dates.

2004 Korean one is just gone, reduced to atoms. Many of us tried to look it for years.

Only very limited people were able to play that beta, that's why no reupload just some picture.

I already bought a version of the game that was compiled back in 2004 and has some interesting things, whenever i will be done with the unpacking i might just publish the resources. However i did not find that armor texture

• Lmao 3

Engineer @ CNH Industrial

• 3 months later...

Announcements

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.