Jump to content

WorldEditor & Map Sorter Created By Muchomor (V0.1 - 2025) - Preview


Recommended Posts

I was always annoyed that it was Martysama who fixed the project, but he never shared the source code. Because of that, people creating maps have had a harder time, as everything is stuck, buggy, difficult to use, and hasn’t been fixed for many years (Marty himself probably stopped doing anything at all). That’s why I decided to create my own map editor – to eliminate bugs and make mappers’ work easier.

**[V0.1]**
- Fixed all the annoying object-related bugs.
- Fixed bugs related to camera control.
- Added visibility for gr2 animations (objects).
- Objects now automatically adjust their height to the terrain.
- Improved selecting and moving trees.
- Fixed the issue with disappearing open folders in the property panel.
- Ability to move multiple objects at once (e.g., a flag made of several parts, the fountain in M1) without breaking the original objects.
- Ability to move multiple objects up and down at once.
- Added a search function in the property panel.
- Added autobackup with a customizable timer – backups are created as timestamped folders, so you can go back even an hour of work; every 1/5/15 minutes a new folder is created with the current state.
- Fixed the overly fast slider speed.
- Changed the GUI look to dark (black).
- Introduced a completely new and stable Map Sorter (works better than all other versions, doesn’t lose files, captures .dds/.tga/.png/custom folders – basically everything map-related without any issues or bugs).
- The entire map now loads instantly with “Load” = no lag when moving around since everything is already loaded.
- Added the “B” and “N” keys to add objects to a blacklist, making it easier to select elements located under others.
- Improved logs when selecting multiple objects – now when selecting e.g. 100 elements, detailed information about each one is displayed.
- Removed unnecessary functions that nobody used.
- Rewritten map coordinate handling and fixed the “Go” button – now it finally works like in the original Metin2.
- Updated DirectX8 to DirectX9.
- Updated the code to C++23.
- The application now opens centered on the screen at 1920x1080 resolution.
- Added Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y shortcuts for “Water Brush (Add/Remove)”.
- Fixed Water Brush functionality and all related bugs.
- Environment is now automatically detected from folders, and changing it takes a second – “just scroll”.

**(Coming soon)**
- Support for Jettyx shaders.
- All other bugs or crashes reported by testers.

The current version is being tested by the first mappers from Poland, and how the future of the project unfolds will be revealed in time.

I have a question for you – do you want the application to be paid or completely free? And what features would be most useful for you? Let me know in the comments!

 

Edited by Grzyb
  • Metin2 Dev 32
  • Eyes 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Good 5
  • muscle 7
  • Love 1
  • Love 31

Just a keyboard and some caffeine, making things work.

  • Active+ Member

HUGE AF!! 

I've started to work on unusual metin2 projects (including mine: GTA in metin😂) and I had a lot of hard times using the world editor, being so buggy with objects replacements / height adjustments and so on. 

your version seems soo smooth! did you also added Perspective adjustments? (far, near, fov) 

Great job! 

I hope one day I will be able to use your tool!

also, a question for this: "- Objects now automatically adjust their height to the terrain.", if the objects are placed on a custom model with heightplane (mdatr), the objects height will also be adjusted based on these?

  • Forum Moderator

I like the idea, I have made my own world editor back then for similar reasons, mostly because I needed granularity on specific things that was specific to my project and that I could not achieve without sources. Even though it set me back from Marty's in many aspects at first.

Spoiler

.jpg

As for the release, I think that the community is mostly looking for sources rather than alternatives. If it is really much better than Marty's, a standalone can be good, but other than that, I think it will just somewhat fragment usages and people will end up with either (or only one).

  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Think 2
  • Scream 2
  • Good 1
  • muscle 1

Gurgarath
coming soon
My Services

  • Honorable Member
9 hours ago, Grzyb said:

I was always annoyed that it was Martysama who fixed the project

And why would that be annoying? I've worked mostly alone on that project for 11 years, for free.

Very few people offered their help to improve it. The ones that got access to the WEREMIX' source code didn't contribute at all, if not very slightly. They only created their custom build (mostly for their own server) and that's all.

9 hours ago, Grzyb said:

people creating maps have had a harder time, as everything is stuck, buggy, difficult to use

There are some glitches like the object height resetting for specific objects when the culling is active, but, more or less, the WEREMIX is quite smooth and people can work with it effortlessly. Can it be improved further more? Obviously.

If they have a very "hard time" "difficult to use", they didn't report it. The mappers should speak very clear if they have issues.

10 hours ago, Grzyb said:

Because of that

Have you ever contacted me about it? I see no messages of yours in the release topic, nor in my Inbox.

  • Metin2 Dev 4
  • Good 1
  • Love 1
  • Active+ Member
10 hours ago, Grzyb said:

but he never shared the source code. Because of that, people creating maps have had a harder time, as everything is stuck, buggy, difficult to use, and hasn’t been fixed for many years (Marty himself probably stopped doing anything at all). That’s why I decided to create my own map editor

You wrote all that and then you added:

 

10 hours ago, Grzyb said:

do you want the application to be paid or completely free?

It doesn't make any sense, if your main problem was the source code from marty not being available then you should just make a git repo and share it with everybody so people can actually have a map editor open source. If you want to make people pay for it (which makes sense, i'm not against it) just say so, don't start your thread saying that the main problem of the map editor we already have is it not being open source and you make another one which is still, not open source

  • Good 2
  • Love 1
  • Love 5
On 9/11/2025 at 1:31 PM, [GF]Froslass said:

You wrote all that and then you added:

project is in the process of being created and every now and then something new is added, for example now there is copying objects via ctrl + c and ctrl + v

On 9/11/2025 at 1:16 PM, martysama0134 said:

And why would that be annoying? I've worked mostly alone on that project for 11 years, for free.

ok, I understand, it makes sense

On 9/11/2025 at 1:16 PM, martysama0134 said:

Have you ever contacted me about it? I see no messages of yours in the release topic, nor in my Inbox.

I have 2/3 discord accounts, I tried but always no response, I even offered money ;D but chill, no problem.

On 9/11/2025 at 7:05 AM, Gurgarath said:

I like the idea, I have made my own world editor back then for similar reasons, mostly because I needed granularity on specific things that was specific to my project and that I could not achieve without sources. Even though it set me back from Marty's in many aspects at first.

  Reveal hidden contents

.jpg

As for the release, I think that the community is mostly looking for sources rather than alternatives. If it is really much better than Marty's, a standalone can be good, but other than that, I think it will just somewhat fragment usages and people will end up with either (or only one).

Wooow, this looks better than my project, amazing

On 9/11/2025 at 3:15 AM, KolenMG said:

HUGE AF!! 

I've started to work on unusual metin2 projects (including mine: GTA in metin😂) and I had a lot of hard times using the world editor, being so buggy with objects replacements / height adjustments and so on. 

your version seems soo smooth! did you also added Perspective adjustments? (far, near, fov) 

Great job! 

I hope one day I will be able to use your tool!

also, a question for this: "- Objects now automatically adjust their height to the terrain.", if the objects are placed on a custom model with heightplane (mdatr), the objects height will also be adjusted based on these?

not at the moment, its during testing.

I mainly want the application to be as automated as possible so that it takes as little time as possible when creating a new map, everything that makes the work easier, even by 1 second, will be added

Just a keyboard and some caffeine, making things work.

  • Active+ Member
14 hours ago, Grzyb said:

project is in the process of being created and every now and then something new is added, for example now there is copying objects via ctrl + c and ctrl + v

I don't see how this would be relevant at all with what i wrote

First off, cool that someone else is now working on the WorldEditor. It would be nice if you’d offer it for free, unless your version
already has everything that MartySama’s has (see his logs), plus new features or bug fixes. The only things I’m really missing in MartySama’s
versions are small details, but the biggest one is the minimap generation, because starting from 10x10+ it doesn’t always work that well, and
I’d like to try maps with sizes of 20x20+. Other than that, if you’ve got patience and know what you’re doing, you can work really well with
MartySama’s WorldEditor, crashes included. So if you actually manage to make your WorldEditor better than
MartySama’s, and release it for free to the community, then you’ll deserve respect (whether that matters to you or not).

MartySama has earned more than just respect for his work for the community, because he released this without anyone asking him to, and continues
working on it. 

Saying:
“i was always annoyed that it was Martysama who fixed the project”
is, in my opinion, really rude. You should be thankful to the guy, because you’ve most likely also tested and used his versions.

And as for the statement:
“but he never shared the source code”, I can give you one clear reason why he shouldn’t, even if he wanted to (which your thread makes even clearer):
You’d just sell his work and pass it off as your own, exactly like you’re doing now.

Edited by Ace
  • Love 3
  • Contributor

Maybe add some features for GR2 previews, kind of like marty version, but better. Things like support for multiple characters, equipping costumes and hairstyles on the same skeleton, stuff like that haha.

  • Love 1

spacer.png

Full costume sets • Weapons • Mount and pets • And much more!

spacer.png

  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have any idea that this guy knows shit? He uses ChatGPT and pretends to be an know-it-all, but he fails at the basics.

Can you tell me which Polish mapper uses this tool?

  • Lmao 1
  • Love 1
  • Contributor
On 10/2/2025 at 9:29 PM, Artagnanxd said:

Do you have any idea that this guy knows shit? He uses ChatGPT and pretends to be an know-it-all, but he fails at the basics.

Can you tell me which Polish mapper uses this tool?

ChatGPT ain't that smart to redo world editor bro :))

  • Facepalm 1
  • Smile Tear 1

spacer.png

Full costume sets • Weapons • Mount and pets • And much more!

spacer.png

  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2025 at 12:16 PM, martysama0134 said:

And why would that be annoying? I've worked mostly alone on that project for 11 years, for free.

Very few people offered their help to improve it. The ones that got access to the WEREMIX' source code didn't contribute at all, if not very slightly. They only created their custom build (mostly for their own server) and that's all.

There are some glitches like the object height resetting for specific objects when the culling is active, but, more or less, the WEREMIX is quite smooth and people can work with it effortlessly. Can it be improved further more? Obviously.

If they have a very "hard time" "difficult to use", they didn't report it. The mappers should speak very clear if they have issues.

Have you ever contacted me about it? I see no messages of yours in the release topic, nor in my Inbox.

 

I msged you like twice offering to fix some things in your WE that annoyed me but you just blanked me. So idk.. why you complaining. 

  • Active+ Member
3 minutes ago, eddR said:

 

I msged you like twice offering to fix some things in your WE that annoyed me but you just blanked me. So idk.. why you complaining. 

release when? 😂😍

[Version 0.2 BETA]

Temporarily removed the black color which was causing strange problems with the application
Fixed loading of large files
Fixed water drawing and undoing water with ctrl + z
Added new water drawing function as a circle instead of a square
Removed annoying messages
Moving placed objects no longer changes the object's height
Added the ability to manually enter values at the slider
When you select an object and press the "M" key, a new window pops up where you can replace all object properties with others or remove them all at once from the entire map
Fixed a specific problem with moving objects
Fixed copying CRC in "Object Info"
Removed the annoying "Create Property" window
Added a new window enabling adding objects to a favorites list. The list is saved locally (e.g., in a .txt file), so favorite objects remain available after restarting the application.
Introduced recently used objects history - the application remembers up to 30 recent items that can be quickly reopened from the new history window.
Fixed Map Sorter and folders like "daimao, realis" - the application now automatically detects folders or other file names from different creators
Removed some unused code and functions that nobody needed
Fixed several other minor issues reported by testers (Less important)

 

  • Love 2

Just a keyboard and some caffeine, making things work.

Here’s a small idea maybe you’ll find it useful as well.

Add a new button to the Property Generator page called “Update.”
When this button is clicked, the tool compares the Zone folder with the Property folder to determine whether objects, effects, or anything else already have a corresponding property.

If an object doesn’t have a property, the tool checks whether its ID is already assigned (this logic already exists somewhere in the source, so it can just be reused). After that, a new property is created.

The tool should then output one or two logs:

Generated properties

Found properties

The Found properties log should look something like this:

object (with path): test.gr property (with path): test.prp number of found IDs: 1 (this indicates whether the ID is used by other objects)

This feature would save you and your team a lot of work.

  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2025 at 7:05 AM, Gurgarath said:

I like the idea, I have made my own world editor back then for similar reasons, mostly because I needed granularity on specific things that was specific to my project and that I could not achieve without sources. Even though it set me back from Marty's in many aspects at first.

  Hide contents

.jpg

As for the release, I think that the community is mostly looking for sources rather than alternatives. If it is really much better than Marty's, a standalone can be good, but other than that, I think it will just somewhat fragment usages and people will end up with either (or only one).

lovely imgui, props

  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New Video V0.1 & V0.2 [previous videos deleted]

New Version

*[V0.3]*
Fixed various new and annoying bugs related to objects, including their height, rotation, and other parameters.
Added the ability to replace a selected terrain texture with a single click.
Implemented undo/redo for terrain painting using Ctrl + Z / Y.
Fixed the issue of “floating” objects (such as grass) on uneven terrain objects now automatically adjust to the surface.
Fixed the jumping slider that was making work difficult.
Removed the bug that caused setting.txt to be overwritten, so saving the map no longer modifies your custom values.
Added the ability to edit the height of all selected objects at once.
Improved mass object rotation rotating multiple objects on the Z axis no longer disrupts their arrangement. Added a dedicated rotation function for groups to keep their original layout.
Fixed the texture selection offset in the Texture Name field the highlighted texture now always matches the correct name.
Improved editing of the Height Bias field, allowing stable input without automatic value resets.
Added a preview of all property objects, making it easier to quickly find suitable items for the map.
Fixed the property object search function.
Added a new "Keep Original Height" feature.
Introduced a completely new Property Viewer window, allowing quick browsing of objects, trees, and other items, fast scrolling, and easy placement on the map.
Improved map loading.

I dont want to spam the thread with more posts, and editing existing ones isn’t possible. I’ve completed most of the planned changes, so version 0.4 may not be released for another six months. For now, I’m pausing development due to lack of time.
All videos show World Editor are available on YouTube (2 videos).

 

  • Smile Tear 1

Just a keyboard and some caffeine, making things work.

  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.