[Help] Open server with public ip

Hello
Well I'm using AVA2 files in local server they are working with IPv4 (192.168.1.12)
I opened the router ports with DMZ
How can I configure the server to work with public IP (ex: 97.123.45.678)
In the CONFIG files I have everything with localhost and there is no BIND_IP or PUBLIC_IP
I already tried this but I can't log in

Can someone explain to me how I can do this

On 3/15/2024 at 4:10 AM, silvano3 said:

Hello
Well I'm using AVA2 files in local server they are working with IPv4 (192.168.1.12)
I opened the router ports with DMZ
How can I configure the server to work with public IP (ex: 97.123.45.678)
In the CONFIG files I have everything with localhost and there is no BIND_IP or PUBLIC_IP
I already tried this but I can't log in

Can someone explain to me how I can do this

A few screenshots of your setup would help guide you better but let's assume you're running on windows with a virtual machine hosting FreeBSD, you will need to make sure that your network adapter is bridged to the physical interface you're connecting with to your router.

You will also need to enable Promiscuous Mode so that your virtual machine is available on the network and seen by your router.
Go back to your router and change your port forwarding rules directly to the virtual machine.

• Good 1

thanks for replying friend
Well, yes, I am in a virtual machine on Windows. On my router's website, my virtual machine appears (192.168.1.198) and then I set it to open ports with DMZ
What has already crossed my mind is that this dmz doesn't work well since people from outside my network enter, log in and exit during character selection

16 hours ago, silvano3 said:

thanks for replying friend
Well, yes, I am in a virtual machine on Windows. On my router's website, my virtual machine appears (192.168.1.198) and then I set it to open ports with DMZ
What has already crossed my mind is that this dmz doesn't work well since people from outside my network enter, log in and exit during character selection

Seems like what you implemented is half working, if people are able to get to character selection then auth port forwarded properly, you just need to do the same for all other ports used by your game. Have a look at CONFIG from each channel/core

• Good 1

that's what I thought
From what I've been reading, DMZ opens ports for webserver and ftp server, I don't know if it fully opens all ports or just the default ports defined for these services
I have the ports defined in the CONFIG, between 30000 and above and I have p2p ports that until now in my research I haven't understood what they are for or what p2p is
Couldn't it be anything more than open communications/doors?