error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GrpBase.h': No such file or directory - after trying to implement the RenderTarget and trying to build the solution

Go to solution Solved by KolenMG,

Does anybody else experienced an issue like this?

I'm receving 4 errors that are pretty the same: 

• ...vs_files\EterLib\GrpRenderTargetTexture.h(3,10): error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GrpBase.h': No such file or directory
  • ...vs_files\EterLib\CRenderTargetManager.h(8,10): error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../EterBase/Singleton.h': No such file or directory
  • ...vs_files\EterLib\GrpRenderTargetTexture.cpp(2,10): error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../EterBase/Stl.h': No such file or directory
  • ...vs_files\UserInterface\CPythonRenderTargetModule.cpp(2,10): error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'PythonApplication.h': No such file or directory

For some reasons, for these 4 files, there are some problems and I don't know where should I start. The .h (point H) files , mentioned in the erros are not missing. 

And because of these problems, the UserInterface and EterLib are failing. 

• "UserInterface.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
  • "EterLib.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

There were also, other errors but I've managed to fix them. But I'm kinda blocked here and I don't know what exactly should I do. 

Google-ing, I've tried to remove the .h after names from "include" lines but didn't fixed it. 

The system in questions is RenderTarget posted by CxL'Mufuku

Serverfile used is [40250] Reference Serverfile + Client + Src [15 Available Languages]

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Somehow I've fixed it, after some hours. 

In VS, not everytime, dragging and drop the cpp or h files into the solution explorer specific project, will work. Or even just adding the files in the source folder. 

To avoid the problem(at least my above problem): 

1. ADD the required files in the Source Folder
  2. Go to VS code Solution Explorer
  3. Right Click on the desired project (eterlib/userinterface/ and so on) where you want to add files and click on Add > Existing File > Select the file you added in the source folder

Some tips: 

Do a backup everytime before starting to implement something new. 

Even if you are 100% sure and you checked every files and however, you have issues, start again using the last succesful back-up. 

Overall, I've fixed the errors. Now I have another problem that I need to fix. Or at least I'll try: The dog is not rendering in that window and I don't know if it's because I don't have the files mentioned in the testrender.py file or is something else (I believe is the 2nd option :)) )

Edited by KolenMG