Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi community!

Since the big release of ms5.7 source the people can now edit new servers without any knowledge of C++ and what concerns me is that the db still uses MD5 passwords.


I've been trying to follow the tutorials on the web, I find 2 similar, I followed all the rules to implement this argon2 algorithm password.
 



And another from an old external source:

https://www.metin2downloads.to/thread/13106-implementation-of-a-cryptographically-secure-password-hash-function-with-libsodi/


Here are the files that I tried to edit (ms5.7) but can't access the account at game. Wrong Password.

db.h:

https://pastebin.com/RnBZa5Te

input_auth.cpp:

https://pastebin.com/EMz5sPVb

db.cpp

https://pastebin.com/eEbaEDEk


Hope someone can help me ? or contact me via MP.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31748-argon2-and-byebye-md5-password-on-db/
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I've been trying to get this for a few weeks. I can't understand well c++ but someone can help me?


Here are the source default files unmodified:


DB.cpp:
https://pastebin.com/jPNRuQ6z

DB.h:
https://pastebin.com/niBLGdsY

Input_auth.cpp:

https://pastebin.com/e0qRqmuQ


Im just trying to change the hash to Argon2 algorithm. (DB, server connections and website).

Why use unstable mysql57 and very bad in mt2? use mysql56 or mysql8 (mysql58 have upgrade native mysql password work in mt2)
FreeBSD still have mysql56 and if dont have mysql56, install from txz/tbz mysql and works normally. I dont prefer you change files in c++ because why must

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.