Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, LoKnarash said:

Nah, That's not true, dtx8 supports antialising without any problems, I've been using it for over 2 years on my client.

Only MSAA as I know, but this look very horrible in game.. (font problems, etc..) Primary is better just implement dx9..

Edit: Btw. these things are possible to fix, but for what? No sense do it..

Edited by Filachilla
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162489
Share on other sites

Just now, Filachilla said:

Only MSAA as I know, but this look very horrible in game.. (font problems, etc..) Primary is better just implement dx9..

I don't have a screen at hand nor the possibility of doing so, I'm updating to dtx9 for tests with rtx remix, but I've never noticed problems with the font, in fact it has been improved, the only real problem is on compatibility with some GPUs that I don't quite understand ( and I didn't even elaborate).

My friend have my same computer, same parts (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) it works for me and not for him... we tried to see the differences but nothing, in the end I solved it with an option to disable in case

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162490
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LoKnarash said:

I don't have a screen at hand nor the possibility of doing so, I'm updating to dtx9 for tests with rtx remix, but I've never noticed problems with the font, in fact it has been improved, the only real problem is on compatibility with some GPUs that I don't quite understand ( and I didn't even elaborate).

My friend have my same computer, same parts (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.) it works for me and not for him... we tried to see the differences but nothing, in the end I solved it with an option to disable in case

*These things are possible to fix, but for what? No sense do it..

As I said, very easily is use wrapper and build some custom dll, so far still exist much open source sdk.. Second way is just port to dx9 and world is open ? dx9 support msaa, ssaa, txaa and more things than pretty old dx8..

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162492
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Denizeri24 said:

yes, i did this. but msaa really have performance impact. i get 200 fps if msaa on (normally i get 240 fps)

What graphics card are you using? Which MSAA are you using (x2, x4, x8,...)? A reduction from 240fps to 200fps is not a problem. In this game, MSAA should be "free" pretty much.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162504
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member
On 1/18/2024 at 9:01 PM, Filachilla said:

Only MSAA as I know, but this look very horrible in game.. (font problems, etc..) Primary is better just implement dx9..

Edit: Btw. these things are possible to fix, but for what? No sense do it..

If you do this with a wrapper yes you will run into these problems. Because the wrapper is applied to many elements, including ETC. However, when done from source code, none of these problems occur. Because the wrapper doesn't know which Render does what task and applies the effect anyway. It is automatically applied to all rendering operations such as textail rendering, interface rendering, character rendering.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162505
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, TheEqualizer said:

Then MSAA is not as heavy as you are suggesting. MSAA 8x is not needed, in most cases x4 should be enough. Even then, a drop from 240 to 200fps is far from being a big deal.

not everyone has a good gpu, they playing on laptop with igpu. so, msaa expensive for my opinion..

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162511
Share on other sites

  • Premium
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Not Good 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162517
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DemOnJR said:

Here is the DX8 and DX9 with anti-aliasing.
https://www.mmotutkunlari.com/eklentiler/dx8-dx9-aa-zip.14301/

This is not good because of external, recommended to use create device etc after that it should look like this:

https://metin2.download/video/63s63mMciGVNS63mJHG0tyYa84Bd45HW/.mp4

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Metin2 Dev 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162520
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member
47 minutes ago, peaceofficial said:

This is not good because of external, recommended to use create device etc after that it should look like this:

https://metin2.download/video/63s63mMciGVNS63mJHG0tyYa84Bd45HW/.mp4

I am the person who prepared the mentioned .dll files. Yes, it is not a very healthy method, but it is still an alternative for those who want to use it.
The codes within the DLL are dynamic, meaning it implements as much MSAA as the GPU supports. If it doesn't support it, it won't apply. Device creation etc. It is applied depending on the transactions. It has no other duty.

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 2
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162521
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peaceofficial said:

This is not good because of external, recommended to use create device etc after that it should look like this:

https://metin2.download/video/63s63mMciGVNS63mJHG0tyYa84Bd45HW/.mp4

yea, i did this too

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162523
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, blaxis said:

I am the person who prepared the mentioned .dll files. Yes, it is not a very healthy method, but it is still an alternative for those who want to use it.
The codes within the DLL are dynamic, meaning it implements as much MSAA as the GPU supports. If it doesn't support it, it won't apply. Device creation etc. It is applied depending on the transactions. It has no other duty.

Ofc! Nice ?

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162524
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, peaceofficial said:

This is not good because of external, recommended to use create device etc after that it should look like this:

https://metin2.download/video/63s63mMciGVNS63mJHG0tyYa84Bd45HW/.mp4

how to do this on dx8 ?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162558
Share on other sites

  • Premium
On 11/27/2023 at 2:09 PM, MysteriousDev said:

I got interested in this topic so I tried it myself. What I've found you can pretty easily enable antialiasing on dx9.

Search for:

int CGraphicDevice::Create

Now scroll down where the parameters of ms_d3dPresentParameter are set.

 

Add those two lines

ms_d3dPresentParameter.MultiSampleType = D3DMULTISAMPLE_8_SAMPLES;
ms_d3dPresentParameter.MultiSampleQuality = 0;

And now that's a riddle. I haven't got too much time for a research, but ms_lpd3d->CheckDeviceMultiSampleType tells that multiSampling is indeed available, and it sets the quality to 1. But I can't get it working with it, so I left the quality set to 0, it still looks good enough, IDK what would be the difference.

 

Also there's one more thing to set in the parameters, and I don't know the long term effects of this change, but it looks like it works just fine, like I said I don't have too much time for doing research atm.

You'll be having a "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" error if ms_d3dPresentParameter.Flags are set to D3DPRESENTFLAG_LOCKABLE_BACKBUFFER, and I don't know the answer for now, maybe I'm missing something, but setting the flag to 0 does the job.

After the device is created with success you must write last line to make it work:

ms_lpd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_MULTISAMPLEANTIALIAS, TRUE);

 

And now you can enjoy those SMOOTH EDGES:

  Reveal hidden contents

.png

 

This works with DX9 and for the screenshot use https://metin2.dev/topic/31916-uninstalling-libjpeg-and-taking-screenshots-with-directx9/

Edit:
Bug when you open an second client the FSAA/MSAA will be DISABLED on the first Window,
Solution ... edit this option to TRUE

StateManager.cpp

void CStateManager::SetDefaultState()
{
...
#ifdef DX9_FSAA_DEFAULT_FIX
	SetRenderState(D3DRS_MULTISAMPLEANTIALIAS, TRUE);
#else
	SetRenderState(D3DRS_MULTISAMPLEANTIALIAS, FALSE);
#endif
...
}

Bug CEF
Unsolved.

Edited by DemOnJR
  • Good 1
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162616
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2023 at 3:09 PM, MysteriousDev said:

I got interested in this topic so I tried it myself. What I've found you can pretty easily enable antialiasing on dx9.

Search for:

int CGraphicDevice::Create

Now scroll down where the parameters of ms_d3dPresentParameter are set.

 

Add those two lines

ms_d3dPresentParameter.MultiSampleType = D3DMULTISAMPLE_8_SAMPLES;
ms_d3dPresentParameter.MultiSampleQuality = 0;

And now that's a riddle. I haven't got too much time for a research, but ms_lpd3d->CheckDeviceMultiSampleType tells that multiSampling is indeed available, and it sets the quality to 1. But I can't get it working with it, so I left the quality set to 0, it still looks good enough, IDK what would be the difference.

 

Also there's one more thing to set in the parameters, and I don't know the long term effects of this change, but it looks like it works just fine, like I said I don't have too much time for doing research atm.

You'll be having a "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL" error if ms_d3dPresentParameter.Flags are set to D3DPRESENTFLAG_LOCKABLE_BACKBUFFER, and I don't know the answer for now, maybe I'm missing something, but setting the flag to 0 does the job.

After the device is created with success you must write last line to make it work:

ms_lpd3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_MULTISAMPLEANTIALIAS, TRUE);

 

And now you can enjoy those SMOOTH EDGES:

  Reveal hidden contents

.png

 

if we disable backbuffer and add anti aliasing CEF Browser stops working

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162684
Share on other sites

  • Premium
3 hours ago, HFWhite said:

if we disable backbuffer and add anti aliasing CEF Browser stops working

Try to enable it back when the browser is starting, and when you close it disable it again... idk
I do not use CEF anymore.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162685
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DemOnJR said:

Try to enable it back when the browser is starting, and when you close it disable it again... idk
I do not use CEF anymore.

It's not that easy, because anti aliasing is initialized on create, I don't think you can deactivate it once the client is started.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162686
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HFWhite said:

It's not that easy, because anti aliasing is initialized on create, I don't think you can deactivate it once the client is started.

Of course you can disable it. You just need to set new present parameters and reset the device.

Or you can choose not to multisample the swap chain buffers, and render the scene to off screen, multisampled render target, then you will not need to reset the device to enable/disable MSAA.

Or you can use a post process anti-aliasing solution (FXAA, SMAA, etc), and not worry about changing device/surface parameters.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-162695
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I don't understand why no one talks about the problems caused by MSAA, knowing that it's a common issue, but no one has discussed it. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

https://metin2.download/video/ZwZ4jqqLk3sz24cie5jmqnBnmF7O0wJn/.mp4

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-167217
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member
5 minutes ago, Trojan3D said:

I don't understand why no one talks about the problems caused by MSAA, knowing that it's a common issue, but no one has discussed it. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

https://metin2.download/video/ZwZ4jqqLk3sz24cie5jmqnBnmF7O0wJn/.mp4

MSAA has no potential to cause such a problem. I have been using Directx9 for a long time and have made a lot of adjustments. I have never experienced such a problem before. There are 3 alternative reasons for the problem:

1- There is an error in the source codes.(High probability.)
2- It is caused by the textures.
3- It is caused by the map files.

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-167218
Share on other sites

 didn't say that the problem is due to DirectX 9; I said that the problem occurs when I use MSAA. Without MSAA, I don't have this issue. It's a common problem with MSAA; I know several people who use MSAA and have the same issue, and some even have it worse.

Edited by Trojan3D
Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-167220
Share on other sites

  • Active+ Member
27 minutes ago, Trojan3D said:

 didn't say that the problem is due to DirectX 9; I said that the problem occurs when I use MSAA. Without MSAA, I don't have this issue. It's a common problem with MSAA; I know several people who use MSAA and have the same issue, and some even have it worse.

This is not due to MSAA. It is due to incorrect integration of Directx 9 codes. As I said, I use Directx9 and MSAA and I have not experienced such problems with maps or objects.

 

Compiling DirectX 9 codes without errors does not mean that they are installed properly.

Link to comment
https://metin2.dev/topic/31060-anti-aliasing/page/2/#findComment-167222
Share on other sites

Don't use any images from : imgur, turkmmop, freakgamers, inforge, hizliresim... Or your content will be deleted without notice...
Use : https://metin2.download/media/add/

Please use https://metin2.download/ when uploading files smaller than 100MB, otherwise the approval will take longer due to manual upload.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy / Guidelines / We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.