Ace

Hello everyone,

I'm working on this game whenever I have some free time and I'm hoping to
find people who can help me expand it. Initially, I wanted to use Metin2
characters, but I don't have the time to learn how to adjust all the bones
and everything else. Additionally, I want to turn it into a multiplayer
game, but I lack the knowledge for that too. So, if someone has enough
expertise, we can develop the game together. If we were to release the game
online, it would create a lot of hype, even though it doesn't look like it yet.

I may post the concept later, but for now, these are the only details. Let me
know what you think and if you have any ideas that I can implement.

https://aceyoutube.itch.io/gancha

.png

.png

How to play:

Hold down the left mouse button to run
The player will follow the mouse as long as the mouse button is held down.

Hold down or click the right mouse button and move
to rotate the camera or the world.

Press the spacebar to jump.

Press Q to create a cube in the air.

Edited by Ace
Custom
  • Metin2 Dev 2
  • Good 2
  • Love 1
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Ymir Entertainment was founded in 1999 in Seoul, Korea and 
is currently headed by Byoung Gwan Kim as CEO. The company 
started developing its first 2D online game Metin the same 
year it was founded. The game was commercially launched in 
Korea a year later and received a prize from the Korean 
                    Ministry of Information and Communication in December of the 
                    same year. Following the success of their flagship game Ymir 
                    Entertainment immediately started work on the game’s sequel 
                    Metin 2, which went into Closed Beta in Korea in May 2004. 
                    The game was officially launched in Korea and China in March 
                    2005 before being launched in Asia, Europe and North America 
                    in the years that followed. In January 2011 all of the company’s 
                    shares were bought by Webzen Inc., a Korean game giant known for 
                    their popular MMORPG, MU Online. The company was also awarded 
                    Gameforge’s Global Best Partner of the Year in 2011.

Source: https://mmos.com/publishers/ymir-entertainment

Thank you ymir 🙂 ❤️ and F*** you Gameforge, 2011 you ruined it.

• 2 weeks later...

Temporary, I am working on the mobile version. It is very exciting to see what all can be done with it, and I hope there are no limits except for creativity.

Spoiler

Since I have only been working on mechanics and visuals at the moment, I have not been able to focus on the story.

Sure, if you are referring to the concept, I'd be happy to hear about some of the details you have in mind.

Edited by Ace
  • Good 1
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned before, I'm working on a mobile version. While the PC version offers more, I want
to see how far I can go with mobile for now. I'm working on the basic layout, player mechanics, and
other important initial steps to expand the world, add quests, etc. The story is coming together since
I started working on the mobile version. It's for Android, and the file is named "po.apk" so that you
don't have to enter too much if you don't have the direct link. The game is called "RoboCube" for now, as
it revolves around robot beings. However, Skywalk is still present in the game as a skill.

Are you in the game? As I mentioned, it's a work in progress and it's really fun. Once you're in the
game, you'll notice that you're trapped in a cube "room." Somewhere nearby, there's an NPC who currently
doesn't have a function. In the room, there's a locked door. You have an inventory and a few skills. One
skill is locked, and you unlock it by clicking on your player. I'm working on that skill as it will be the
foundation for all skills. Let me know if you figure out how to open the door.

Download Direct: https://www.forevermetin2.ovh/po.apk

Spoiler:

Edited by Metin2 Dev International
Core X - External 2 Internal
Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Small update for this thread,
I have tried here and there to find the motivation to continue
working on the mobile app. It's a lot of fun, that's out of the
question, but it requires a lot of time and resources, as well 
as knowledge in coding and overall. I am capable of mastering
many aspects of it, but what I want demands more experience. I
wanted abig world, a truly big world, where the player can unlock
things over time. However, it starts with the water, it lags, and
the phone gets very hot, as well as with vegetation. To fix that, I
need experience in LOD (Level of Detail), etc., and I haven't acquired
that or even thought about it. Additionally, there are other factors
that I don't want to mention, as it would turn into a novel.

In conclusion,
I am no longer actively working on the mobile and PC app using Unity.
It's a waste of creativity and time, and I am investing that in other
projects, such as the GM-MAP series or the Forevermetin2 Tool. With
that said, thank you very much to those who have written here. It makes
me very happy, and I hope for many more years here on Metin2Dev, even
though I still don't have VIP.

Last mobile version.
https://www.forevermetin2.ovh/po.apk

It is an ".apk" file for Android. I'm not sure how difficult the installation
process is, but I believe that if I managed to do it, you should be able to as
well. The game is only at 1% completion, so you can expect bugs, such as issues
when diving into the water. By the way, this issue has already been fixed, but
I'm just too lazy to re-render it at the moment.

Best regards!

• Metin2 Dev 1
Spoiler

• 8 months later...

Metin3:

Edit:
Please only read this text if you have liked the comment below mine.

Spoiler

I would like to point out that my use of the term "Metin3" should be taken with a bit of humor. I am fully aware of the future of Metin2, for example, that eventually the characters may start jumping, perhaps during an event, or that they may even fly through an item shop item. I am not representing a Metin3 here; rather, I am simply continuing my hobby to keep Metin2 alive. It feels somewhat lifeless, at least the private server scene, as players are getting older and few new ones are joining. This is because it always revolves around the same things, and like in the official Metin2, private servers lack story, lore, or anything of the sort. Even if they did, the old players are programmed to play, not to read. I have published many things and created numerous videos, but unfortunately, many have been deleted. However, this doesn't deter me; I continue to do something for Metin2, even if it's just once a year. Metin2 connects us all; it may sound strange to many, but it's a community, almost like its own people, its own group.

I will, of course, publish the source code of this project so that newcomers can have some fun and get into Unity.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Ace
  • Love 1
Spoiler

Metin2 remains Metin2, of course.

2 hours ago, Helia01 said:

I'm amazed by your enthusiasm, but I think that some games should still remain in their old state.

Spoiler

Map1 little update 😄

Spoiler

It's really enjoyable to work on my "own" game. Even though not many people will play it, the possibilities are still endless when you have a vision. I'm sticking to the Metin2 graphics and style, but I'm introducing something new that adds to it without being disruptive. It just takes time to work on something because there are so many factors to consider

Spoiler

I really had a lot of laughs. The video incorporates a bit of humor.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Regrettably, I must discontinue this project or set it aside. The Gameforge, or rather someone internally inclined towards darkness and devoid of even a modicum of compassion within their heart, has reported my videos, specifically my latest video. Consequently, all videos have been removed, and I have received two warnings. Frankly, I am indifferent to the fate of the channel and the videos themselves; however, I find it lamentable that I must slowly bid farewell to Metin2. Anyone interested in the source code may request it, and I will upload it accordingly. Thank you for your presence, my dear friends, but after so many years, I too am throwing in the towel, leaving the Gameforge and its employees, along with their spies, to perish in this triumph.

Spoiler

I'm telling you, it's not worth it. Gayforge is a company of incompetents who cannot make a high-quality game. Instead, they just milk the old product. No respect for them.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

Regrettably, I must discontinue this project or set it aside. The Gameforge, or rather someone internally inclined towards darkness and devoid of even a modicum of compassion within their heart, has reported my videos, specifically my latest video. Consequently, all videos have been removed, and I have received two warnings. Frankly, I am indifferent to the fate of the channel and the videos themselves; however, I find it lamentable that I must slowly bid farewell to Metin2. Anyone interested in the source code may request it, and I will upload it accordingly. Thank you for your presence, my dear friends, but after so many years, I too am throwing in the towel, leaving the Gameforge and its employees, along with their spies, to perish in this triumph.

• Good 1

Well, my dear friend, I know. Actually, I don't understand Gameforge anymore. The only thing that could be is that Gameforge has recognized the potential and immediately banned me.

• kekw 1
  • Smile Tear 2
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...