MySQL stop when start server

Go to solution Solved by Aigo,

Sorry, maybe a noob question but now i dont know what to do. just installed the 40k reference files on a VPS and i was able to login in the game. Soo, i done another account and reboot. After that it looks like start fine but the mysql just stop. Even navicat cant enter, if i start the mysql service navicat can connect but the game dont. If i put a wrong account it say that id or password wrong but if i put the admin account it just tell connection error. Ive been looking on syserr and syslog from auth, channel1, db and game99 but nothing really clear. 

spacer.png

Thanks! I just deleted the .err file and run again the server. Again i had the same problem and the new err file say this.

210928 11:49:35 mysqld_safe mysqld restarted
210928 11:49:54 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/db/mysql/Metin2Test.pid ended

Also just found this topic. He say that the error is solved with service mysql-server restart. But did not work to me.

Spoiler

On this topic someone said about this solution. But the topic is from 2015 and im not sure if this solution is outdated.

Spoiler

Check etc/rc.conf delete 

mysql_args="--skip-grant-tables --skip-networking"

if is and reboot.

Edited by Aigo

spacer.png

• Contributor

There are several possible solve case for that: 

This is the hidden content, please

(check especially for stackoverflow links)

Check the .log files next to the .err maybe it have some useful info.

Since I included tar.gz for mysql, did you extract that correctly with tar -xf command? Some people using winrar and so..

(I will probably include mysql dump soon to my reference sf because that is a better way to import the database but most people don't know what it is and looking for tar.gz from old tutorials...)

Edited by TMP4
  • Metin2 Dev 10
  • Good 4

• Solution

Ok soo, it looks like solved.

As you told me yesterday on pm; i decid to try using mysql55 instead mysql56. Soo, just followed these instruction:

Remove mysql8.x or other if you installed...

pkg install mysql55-server

rename/delete the default /var/db/mysql folder

service mysql-server stop

upload and extract the mysql folder to /var/db with tar -xf xymsql.tar.gz ( tar -xf did not work to me. So i used tar -zxvf )

service mysql-server start

(after this i had to make a reboot because navicat was showing old data, idk)

Also i had to edit ports on client files. Did not touch any ports from server side. Now the serverinfo.py looks like this.

PORT_1				= 13002
PORT_2				= 13010
PORT_3				= 13020
PORT_4				= 13030
PORT_AUTH			= 11000
PORT_MARK			= 13001

By now everything works fine. If want i can make a guide on how to install 40k reference files on a clean VPS. I can write it and send it to you soo you can improve or solve any mistake. 

Thaanks!

30 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

There are several possible solve case for that: 

This is the hidden content, please

(check especially for stackoverflow links)

Check the .log files next to the .err maybe it have some useful info.

Since I included tar.gz for mysql, did you extract that correctly with tar -xf command? Some people using winrar and so..

(I will probably include mysql dump soon to my reference sf because that is a better way to import the database but most people don't know what it is and looking for tar.gz from old tutorials...)

Just reinstalled mysql using 55 instead 56. Solved, thank you!

• Metin2 Dev 3
  • Love 1
  • Love 2

spacer.png