Server files & client sellers

• Contributor

The problem is that most seller can't sell complete metin2 serverfiles because of legal issues so they just selling add-ons for it like Vegas and many others do. In some looser country it is not even in grey area if they do it as self employed for example and paying taxes. They usually accounting them as "Custom software development" so they're "good".

I believe only Marty and Owsap selling complete files who are active here.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, TMP4 said:

The problem is that most seller can't sell complete metin2 serverfiles because of legal issues so they just selling add-ons for it like Vegas and many others do. In some looser country it is not even in grey area if they do it as self employed for example and paying taxes. They usually accounting them as "Custom software development" so they're "good".

I believe only Marty and Owsap selling complete files who are active here.

Yes I understand, well my issue is that Marty accepted my request and then doesn't answer for a week, I don't know what's up with that guy but 550 eur is quite a bit too much, I'm fine with Marty's 200 but yeah

True is you can buy only illegal software... All project's from "developers" are illegal and you makes money for this guys.. Too many people's make money from server and leave it with new project.. Because this don't have a future..  If you want good source, do math earnings vs losed money, if you rlly want start project.. For all mt2 developers is metin just hobby.. All make some features for nothing (read nothing to money) and if you really want clean start source.. The best way is start programming.. Learn more about languages.. Metin is good start for understanding about this.. But too big chance is you can't create something good and legal..  My advice is, don't support this guys..

Edited by Cunoo

• Contributor
9 hours ago, Crystal™ said:

Αre there any countries that have weakness on law about copyrights?

It depends what you are asking. Selling complete Metin2 files are copyright infringement all over the EU because common union laws.

In the other hand, selling add-ons probably not. You just need to accounting them as custom software development or similar in tax return and in that case actually just the buyer commits copyright infringement since you are not required by any law to check your client's it-system about copyright. Ofc if you have a webshop showcasing your M2 systems that's not really "custom software development" at all but still you have much better chance to get away with it.

16 hours ago, Cunoo said:

My advice is, don't support this guys..

They're doing at their own risk what they are doing. I can understand that some people pay their price to cut off their development time to start their server. It's demand and supply.

What i can't understand is some seller's extra high price. Because the demand is high and the supply is low, they went sky rocket.

Spoiler

+One more: you may know but having a metin2 server is copyright infringement too. Not as high as selling other's property because you just using it actually, but still.

Edited by TMP4
  • Good 1

11 hours ago, superkonto said:

Not true.

You have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.

Any ilegal work where you are not bound by contract is hobby.. Why? Because you can't legalized it.. You think someone does this for a living and nothing else? Maybe yes, but time running out.. ;) I live near Germany and believe me a server that can support you with money is in plain sight of the gf. And all the attempts at legalization under the guise of fictitious companies and product are just ilegal cover. Just because no one is looking at it doesn't mean there won't be an initiative to do so in the future.

2 hours ago, TMP4 said:

It depends what you are asking. Selling complete Metin2 files are copyright infringement all over the EU because common union laws.

In the other hand, selling add-ons probably not. You just need to accounting them as custom software development or similar in tax return and in that case actually just the buyer commits copyright infringement since you are not required by any law to check your client's it-system about copyright. Ofc if you have a webshop showcasing your M2 systems that's not really "custom software development" at all but still you have much better chance to get away with it.

They're doing at their own risk what they are doing. I can understand that some people pay their price to cut off their development time to start their server. It's demand and supply.

My only problem is the price at some seller. Because the demand is high and the supply is low, they went sky rocket.

Reveal hidden contents

By the way you may know but having a metin2 server is copyright infringement too. Not as high as selling other's property because you just using it actually, but still.

Sorry for doublepost. 

But I mean this is not complete truth.. Why? Because if you has e-shop or something like this.. You can sell systems or apps without hit and looking in metin source.. So if you hook your code in copyrighted source it is just illegal.. And I think the rules for doing business with a product determine what you can sell... and that certainly doesn't include malware..