Metin2 Dev - Changelogs

• Management

In anticipation of a future update, the cron job that updates the Discord database has been updated.
Now almost all JSON return from the Discord API is logged (Nickname, Pending, Deaf, Mute, Flags, Timeout...)...

The cron job is working hard to take care of updating the missing data, good luck to it.

• Think 1

• Management

Forum

• Marketplace and Help Center categories have been merged into Miscellaneous
  • Miscellaneous category has been renamed to Uncategorized
  • Questions & Answers forum has been renamed to Community Support - Questions & Answers
  • Searching forum has been renamed to Paid Support / Searching / Recruiting
  • Showcase forum has been created and added in the Miscellaneous category
  • Metin2 forum has been cleaned up and topics have been moved to Showcase or even Community Support - Questions & Answers
  • Private Servers category is now below Metin2 Development category
  • Changed all icons to try to standardize the graphical style
  • Metin2 forum has been moved in Miscellaneous category
  • Untrusted has been renamed to Untrusted Users in the Miscellaneous category shortcuts
  • Rules has been renamed to Marketplace Rules in the Miscellaneous category shortcuts
  • Adding Community Rules in the Miscellaneous category shortcuts
  • Enabled Fluid Display in Programming & Development forum (In test)

Special

• Some members will see an additional category, studies are in progress
  • If you are concerned, don't hesitate to tell me your opinion or your ideas
  • Metin2 Dev 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Hello,

Version 5 of the Invision engine is coming soon (In few months, I think...)... The future release of this forum engine will bring new features, improvements but also features currently in use will be removed. Here are the features that will impact the community in the coming months...

These features are deprecated and will be removed in the next major forum release

• Status Updates -> This feature allows you to write on your profile, like a Facebook profile (Hi @ Syreldar...). Maybe I can replace this feature with the built-in Blogs or Clubs system.
  • Questions & Anwsers forum mode -> This feature allowed to put +1 or -1 or to define a post as the best answer in the forums where this mode was activated (Like Stack Overflow...). I restored the Discussion mode of the forums concerned by activating the feature Mark as solved below each post.
  • Plugins -> This feature allowed the use of plugins (In M2Dev -> Who Was Online (24H), Hide Link and Code). Invision wants to replace plugins with the forum application system. I hope there will be an application version for the plugins I use (But I remain optimistic, it is used a lot...)...

As a reminder, in my community management policy, I avoid applications dedicated to features so as not to be dependent on updates and thus offer a stable and secure forum. I prefer to develop some features outside of the forum engine (Cron Jobs...).

Regards,
ASIKOO

• Cry 1
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management
On 2/14/2024 at 7:22 AM, AZICKO said:

Purchase of advertisements disabled, I'm testing a new format.

Advertisements are again available for purchase.
Small and large advertising inserts will no longer alternate, only advertisements of the same size between them.

Unique Advertisement (30.00 EUR for first month and 25.00 EUR by month for renewal)

• This advertising insert is displayed next to the logo and only in this location.
  • This advertising insert is unique and is only sold once.
  • As soon as the ad expires, the advertising insert will be put on sale again.

Small Advertisement / Large Advertisement (10.00 / 15.00 EUR for first month and 5.00 / 10.00 EUR by month for renewal)

• This advertising insert is displayed in the header, footer, after the first topic and after a first post and only in these places.
  • This advertising insert is not displayed next to the logo.
  • This advertising insert can only be sold three times (3 smalls and 3 larges).
  • As soon as the ad expires, the advertising insert will be put on sale again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

Some changes to ranks :

• Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond ranks are disabled.
  • Inactive Member, Active Member and Active+ Member ranks have been created.

Changelogs :

• A member is considered an Inactive Member when their last visit was more than 3 months ago.
  • Unlike before with the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond ranks, Active Member or Active+ Member can be automatically removed if they no longer meet the conditions.
    • A member is considered an Active Member when he has more than 128 reputation points and if he has had activity within the forum during the last 3 months.
    • A member is considered an Active+ Member when he has more than 256 reputation points and if he has had activity within the forum during the last 3 months in the releases category.
  • This doesn't apply to special ranks.
  • Access to the Marketplace will be possible if the member is at least Active Member or if they have a special rank (Yes, I changed my mind again, there is too much abuse).
  • Role automation on Discord based on your forum rank no longer works very well (Except Nitro Booster). I'm actively working on a new Discord SSO with a new synchronization of roles according to your ranks on the forum.
  • All these automations are managed by scripts external to Invision Community engine.

• Management

Discord SSO coming soon (New)...

Discord authentication already exists, however this is based on an IC application for which I no longer have a license. This application managed the synchronization of roles, display name, login, registration and magic invitations for the forum. Having the possibility of doing without it, I created an SSO relay between Metin2 Dev and Discord oAuth2 with all features.

Previews

.png
.png

.png
.png.png

• muscle 1
  • Love 1

• Management

Metin2 Dashboard

• Reactions -> Disabled
  • Search -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Accounts -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Discord -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Pillory -> Currently rewriting, temporarily disabled
  • Untrusted -> Currently rewriting, temporarily disabled

Pillory and Untrusted are being merged in order to have only one specific dashboard for this.

• Management
On 4/7/2024 at 10:24 PM, AZICKO said:

Metin2 Dashboard

• Reactions -> Disabled
  • Search -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Accounts -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Discord -> Was rewritten with dynamic paging
  • Pillory -> Currently rewriting, temporarily disabled
  • Untrusted -> Currently rewriting, temporarily disabled

Pillory and Untrusted are being merged in order to have only one specific dashboard for this.

Pillory is now online.

• Metin2 Dev 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Management

For users not on our Discord server, all services were unavailable for more than 24 hours.
The cause was a failure of the server's hard drive which caused instability / crash.
What took the longest was my desire to lose as little data as possible, despite backups and data duplication with RAID.
Finally, the hard drive was replaced by OVHCloud, the RAID was rebuilt and everything went well.
3 Days have been added to paid ads.

• Cry 1