Problem with regen.txt

Go to solution Solved by .plechito',

Version of Files 40k

Hi devs :D

I already had this problem and I got it again. Some parts of the map are not possible to "summon" mobs etc ... are invisible. If I walk a little further, it is possible to invoke the mob. The same happens for regen.txt some parts of the map the monsters do not appear, only in certain coordinates.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, .plechito' said:

The problem is not in regen.txt
Check your map coordinates in Setting.txt.
The coordinates need to be divisible by 256, if not, you have exactly the problems you mentioned above.

Did not quite understand. Could you explain how that would be divisible by 256?

Thanks Plechito.

• Honorable Member
  • Solution
12 hours ago, ByLost said:

Did not quite understand. Could you explain how that would be divisible by 256?

Thanks Plechito.

Example. If your coordinates are 210000 x 2260000, you will have the problem you mentioned. If you divide these numbers by 256, you have ( 82,03 x 88,28 ) which is wrong.
So you need to edit those coordinates so you can divide them by 256.

So, if you edit them like this -> 2099200 x 2252800, now you can divide them (82 x 88).

If you divide the coordinates number by 256 and you wont get integer, it's wrong.

• Love 3

plechi-frost-dungeon.gif

11 hours ago, .plechito' said:

Example. If your coordinates are 210000 x 2260000, you will have the problem you mentioned. If you divide these numbers by 256, you have ( 82,03 x 88,28 ) which is wrong.
So you need to edit those coordinates so you can divide them by 256.

So, if you edit them like this -> 2099200 x 2252800, now you can divide them (82 x 88).

If you divide the coordinates number by 256 and you wont get integer, it's wrong.

I understood very well and it was very clear.
https://www.calculateme.com/math/factor-calculator/256

A doubt say I have an x y coordinate how is this defined? Can I change the number to another number until 256 without any problem?

• Metin2 Dev 1